Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-09, 11:46

Plan: PP
Stats: 125/123.8/117 Female 5'2 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Hi, anyone in PP trying to lose just about 10 pounds

Hello, I wonder if someone is in my situation, and how it's going for you.
I have one month in the plan, not very much to lose, but the hardest part.. I also have issues with my thyroid.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-09, 13:54

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Are you on meds for your thyroid? If not, I think that's going to block you until you get it adjusted well. Good luck. I have it, too and I was just thinking I need to go see the doc.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 13:48
Registered Member

Plan: EFGT
Stats: 152/124/118 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

I have about 5 pounds I want to be rid of and chose PP as a life long change in eating.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-30-09, 19:20

BF:

My thyroid was fine in the blood test.. and everything else was great ... but still I can't lose any.. My doctor told me he thinks is stress more than a year now...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-09, 15:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 156/118/120 Female 65 inches
BF:36%/22%/18%
Progress: 106%

Ok, if your thyroid was fine on the blood test, then stress can be a factor. I'm in the same situation as far as re-starting PP with not a lot of weight to go. I know a thing or two about stress - I had an illness that I nearly died from 2 years ago. It took a long time to recover my health, and there's always some ongoing stress. But, here's something I learned in the process.
The weight that I lost during my illness was much more muscle than it was fat. Although I re-started PP about 2 weeks ago and was technically not overweight, I was overfat, and really wanted to increase lean body mass. I think you should try to get your %body fat measured. If you don't have enough lean tissues and you are near goal, it's going to be very difficult to lose the weight that you want to lose. You will have to do some weight-bearing exercise to build muscle and increase metabolism - it's crucial to the plan. Stress is very good at raising blood sugar levels, storing fat, and destroying lean muscle mass. Getting some resistance exercise will reduce your stress and help you out in all of the right ways.

It's been 2 weeks on the plan for me. I only have dropped 5 pounds on the scale but lost a whopping 12% of my body fat (a full third of it) by incorporating resistance training, biofeedback, and good stress vitamin supplementation along with the plan. I hope this helps - let me know how it's going!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-11-09, 17:24

BF:

I started the med for stress the beggining was horrible. All the time I had nausea and I lost weight. But it wasn't fun. Now I feel a lot better I have probably about 6 weeks on the med.

Corsair915 Congratulations for starting the plan! And Thank you for your advice I lift weights 3 times per week usually. With the med, the first week I was fine but then latter some weeks with nausea and very tired.. so for first time in long time no much exorcise. Also because I hurt my back.. and I had a horrible pain for a week so I had to do only the exorcises to strenghten my back when I am in that trouble.
Today I workout That felt nice!
I don't know my weight, but I look different. I lost the fat that I wanted to get rid off, that I had for a year.
So it seems it was the stress.. And the med, sometimes make some people lose weight, some others I read too much.
But I think I am fine, I eat less that before (so I am satisfied with less) but I wasn't eating more than what I was supposed too.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-11-09, 17:25

BF:

CallmeAnn: Thank you, Did you go to the doctor?
I wish you the best.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-09, 02:44

Plan: keto diet
Stats: 223/223/213 Male 1m95   6/4
BF:
Progress:
Default yes

hello!

Like you i want to loose about 10 pounds! I think this kind of loose is difficult because this "natural" fat = fat that you can carry without health problems.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-09, 21:30

Stats: 156/118/120 Female 65 inches
BF:36%/22%/18%
Progress: 106%

Monasasha- seems like you've got things under control, and that's so great! Yes, it's true some people gain weight on antidepressants and other stress meds, others lose it, some can't seem to tell the difference. Keep up the good work- I'm cheering for you.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-13-09, 10:51

BF:

Thank you Corsair 915 that is very nice.
For me it was weird because I gained weight being careful with exercise and eating. My daddy became ill so I gained this about 10 pounds I couldn't get rid of them for the whole year.
My doctor said last year that stress can make you not lose weight.
But last year I wasn't ready to try the med.
I wish you the best thank you!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-13-09, 15:22

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monasasha
CallmeAnn: Thank you, Did you go to the doctor?
I wish you the best.

Yes, I did and now I need to refill the scrip. Thanks for the reminder.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-14-09, 11:34

BF:

CallmeAnn: that's great I don't know about you.. but for me I feel exhausted, really tired without the med to the point I hardly can move.. no energy at all and I am 37 years old with 3 kids.
Have a great day!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-09, 18:14

Plan: Semi low carb??, PP?
Stats: 157/156/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 5%

10 pounds would probably be ok for me but I am trying to get a little lower. I have Hashimoto Thyroid so I have an underactive thyroid which slows the metabolism. Very frsutrating!! Nothing seems to work! Today was my first day back on LC. I am trying Protein Power but lurking to see if there is something even better!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-09, 19:03
Registered Member

Stats: 315/307/200 Female 70
BF:44.0
Progress: 7%
Default More like a hundred and ten...

Are you hypo? I just had my left lobe removed this summer because of 6cm nodule. Fortunately, I haven't needed to go on synthroid.

If you want to increase your metabolism, the word on the street is to keep your fat content between 60-70% of your calories, and aim for really low carbs - say 20-30 grams.

How is your protein consumption? That also plays a factor.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-14, 06:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 151/150/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Curious how many calories you all are eating per day? I have 10 pounds to lose and for the life of me cannot do so!! I have been on Atkins for 7 weeks and now protein power for 1 and still nothing. I also just started to work out again hoping that would help.... I have been trying to keep my calories at around 1400 plus or minus 50 per day. Anyone else out there in a similar spot?? Any good ole advice??