Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-17, 15:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/223/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default One more time

Hello everyone I do believe that I have finally gotten my mindset in place. Losing weight is truly a psychological journey and unless you are there nothing will help you. I feel I have been training for this for about 5 years, and now is the time. I look forward to chatting with you all and hope to be both inspirational and inspired by this venture. I need to lose 70lbs, as the saying goes the journey of a 1000 miles begins with the first step.

Why do I think I am here? Because I trained, I did this with quitting smoking and that took 3 years. My training was learning to shop and cook foods, research and compare, and know my triggers. Anyhow thanks for allowing me to join
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-17, 18:24

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 205/181.8/145 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a good mindset going into a whole new way of eating. And congrats on quitting smoking. That's a huge accomplishment. I'm wrestling with that monster myself. Good luck on your journey.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-17, 20:36

Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Wrestling that monster, that's what it's all about!!
Looking forward to sharing this path with you....
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-17, 08:32

Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Sounds like you've got all your ducks in a row, and ducks are good! Kudos and welcome. It's a great place for support, company, information and inspiration.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-17, 13:38

Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

Wecome here and remember what ever plan you chose this is a journey of one day at a time. I went into it this year with the knowledge that the scales wouldn,t always go down and really difficult problems would come up but the only way to fail would be to quit. Find solutions not excuses and you will win this battle. We are all here cheering for you and look forward to your journey.