Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
My first "Before & After" photos...
Posted by DWRolfe
Posted Sun, May-12-02
Male 5' 10"
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile My first "Before & After" photos...

Well, I'm rushing this a bit...I had planned to wait to do this until I hit my goal of 350...

...and today I'm at 355. I also had planned to take the "After" photo wearing some new smaller clothes (instead of my carpenter jeans!), but what the hell, I think the 71 pound difference is noteworthy, plus I'm learning how to Photoshop the images together so that when I take some new (better) photos I can throw them together with ease. Besides, I always appreciate when others post B&A shots. I find them inspirational!!

I wanted to post this in the "Success Stories" forum, but I thought I'd wait to post there until I have better photos (and I've lost more weight!)

So here's my photos...the Before is me in November 2001, 1.5 months before I started LCing. I estimate my weight here at 410 or so. I reached 426 before I started LCing in January 2002. The After is me today at 355. And I will post some others in less baggy clothes!

Can't begin to tell you how difficult it is to share the "Before" photo...it's painful for me to look at...I'm smiling, but so ashamed, unhappy and scared inside...

Bless us one and all...

Donald
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by tamarian on Sun, May-12-02, 19:30

Way to go Donald!! You look half the man you used to be!

Wa'il

152 comments [read all comments]

Article tools