Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 21:30

Plan: atkin' new diet revolution
Stats: 300/290/135
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default 1st time in triple digit area

hello,
this week is my second time at induction phase, the past wk and wkend was from hell, i am an emotional eater, ugh!! i ate without any boundaries, haven't wieghed, but my clothes let me know about my behavior. this i my second written message to the forum, look forward to responses, i feel comfortable here in the triple digit section. thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 21:59

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 245/227/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Exclamation Emotional Eating

First things first, what are your triggers?? Stress, low self esteem? what? You need to analyze your behavior and find out where it comes from. The next time you get the "urge" to eat, find out why. Stop and think about what you are feeling. Once you "KNOW" what your trigger is it is easier to deal with (I am an ex-emotional eater so I know of what I speak)

Many emotional eaters tend to eat when they loose control or feel as though they are loosing control of their life - because they are "taking control" of their weight - its the one thing that they/we can control!

If you need some support, feel free to contact me at anytime. (Click on my journal, thats a good way to communicate until you can PM people)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 19:49

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi MComet

Welcome to one of the best sites on the Web!!! It great to see new people.

You can do this...just make it happen.

Dee
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252/228/139 Female 5'.6"
BF:half/of/body
Progress: 21%
Default You can & will do it!

Hi rncomet

& welcome, this is a great site.

I'm new myself & have restarted induction & will as many times as it takes.

You will feel better about yourself as you gain more "emotional" control & that's more than half the battle.

Look around the different sites & find encouragemnt & great ideas & recipes that will help you.

Try to plan ahead & NEVER let yourself get VERRRYY hungry..that allows our emotions to talk ourselves into a big NO-NO! Ha!

Good luck. you've made a good choice. We're rootin' for ya'
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 20:44

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

One way that many people can handle the emotional eating is to treat it as a classic television crime story.

What do we always hear the cops and the lawyers trying to establish over and over and over again? Motive, Means and Opportunity. If you don't have all three, you don't have a perpetrator.

If you can exert control over just one of those three things, you can avoid the bad bahavior.

What is your motive for emotional eating? Can you identify the factors and either prevent them from occuring or, by just knowing what they are manage to take their power away or channel it elsewhere?

What is the means by which you commit this dastardly crime? Is it by stopping at a store on the way home? If so, then stop carrying cash or checks or credit cards with you to work except on days when you KNOW you actually need them. Is it by using what is in the house? If so, then get it out of the house?

What gives you the opportunity to emotionally eat? Is it because you have long stretches in the evening when you are at home with nothing better to do? If so, then find something better to do. Take classes, volunteer your time, take up a hobby that doesn't lend itself to snacking.

And just because all three are in place, does not mean that you WILL commit the crime. Have plenty of alternative foods always on hand. Women have it a bit easier here because they can stash stuff in their purse!

Best of luck on getting a firm handle on things.

Keep the Faith!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 437/392/360
BF:
Progress: 58%

rncomet,
I too was an emotional eater.. For me, I had to finally get mad at myself and say "Enough is enough!" But that works for me, not everyone. I quit smokin 2 yrs ago the same way.. woke up one morning hacking and said this is enough of this and havn't smoked since ( and I had been a pack a day smoker for years)

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you. I like what wbahn says about it.

Take care, we're here for you!
Craig
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 23:00

Plan: atkin' new diet revolution
Stats: 300/290/135
BF:
Progress: 6%

hello,

thanks for your awesome response to "1st time in triple digit area". you all have inspired me to pick myself up and go onward to a new woe!! this forum is motivating. great quotes, thanks for sharing.

i am learning how to manuever in the forum, soon i will start my journal.

thanks, rhonda
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 07:19

Plan: Rich's New Diet
Stats: 532/395/300 Male 6"6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Ronda, Welcome to the Group. If you need any advice this will be the place to go. Keep your Spirts Up you can do it.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 08:47

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Hello, Rhonda!

Welcome to the group!

You'll find this is an exceptionally supportive group of people, ready and willing to share experiences and advice. I've found it invaluable.

Good luck & good health!

Donald
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 10:24

Plan: Jim's modified CALP
Stats: 483/405/220
BF:
Progress: 30%

Welcome Rhonda!

I find I spend more time in the TDC than any of the other forums. It's a place where people really understand the monumental task at hand.

Keep on keepin on...no one can do it for you, but you don't have to do it alone.

#11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 18:21
Registered Member

Stats: 388/287/200
BF:
Progress: 54%

As many have said already, this board will help you on your journey to better health. I find that whhen I start to get cravings, a BIG glass of water and a visit to this site help me get through it!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 14:50

Plan: my own/atkins
Stats: 287/280/180 Female 68 inches
BF:doesn't even reg:(
Progress: 0%

I found this site by accident - and believe me, I believe in fate. I am really trying to reanalyze the way I eat (very emotional) and WHAT I eat. I must lose this weight. It scares me more than anything else. I'm at 280 (UGH) and I really need to get to 180 (college days) and then go from there. I can't believe how much I have gained. It makes me sick. I don't eat a lot, but I do find if I eat smaller, more frequent, I do much better. I don't rememer the names, but the person who talked about the opportunity and crime and then the person who really laid it out about emotional eating ... SO TRUE!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and supporting one another through this journey. It is going to take such a long time and I think that is what is so distressing.

/christine
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 14:56
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:

chriscarb...start a journal and you will have more support than you know what to do with!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 16:08

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Welcome to the forum! You'll get a lot of great info and support here.

One thing I noticed is that by staying on induction and getting over the cravings I have a lot more control of my eating. Hang in there! You can do it!

Good luck!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 18:32

Plan: modified me
Stats: 274/258/199 Female 64
BF:don't want to know

Such good advise I can't think of anything to add. Welcome to the club.