Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-01, 12:18

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 141/137.8/130
BF:
Progress:
Question Nedd you karen!

Hi Karen!

After looking around, I think you are the master of LC Recipies so maybe you could help me...

Let me intriduce myself. I am quite new on the forum and also on the diet (starting week 4). It's great leavin lowcarb, I find it easy because I love meat and so on, and this diet (Schwarzbein's) allows me never to get hungry.

But my problem is in the morning. I am not anlglosaxon and we are not used to have fried warm meals on the morning. I don't know if it's tradition or genetics but anyone in my country would get sick if they had to at eggs and beacon at 7 am!

So I am having a very small toast with butter and lots of ham. But of course, after 3 weeks is starting to be a little bit booooooooooring

Could you help me getting new ideas? i love cooking I don't matter if I have to prepear something.
No way in eating protein bars as down here nothing of that kind is sold, and also because of my way of living I prefer fresh things ( i guess my pocket too!)...

Do you have any ideas? does anyone have? pleeeeeaseeeeee

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-01, 18:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

If your diet consists of proteins and low carb vegetables, you can eat anything!

Cucumbers with cheese, a salad with meat, cold chicken, and any leftovers. Whipping cream and a few berries...ricotta cheese, tomato, roasted peppers, zucchini, artichokes, avocado with mayonnaise and shrimp, olives, sausages and salami. There are many good things to eat in the sunny Mediterranean.

The Schwarzbien Plan is very lenient with lots of options. You can eat fruit on it, so that is a good way to start the day too.

What country are you living in?

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 15:42

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 141/137.8/130
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Thanks for your quick replay!

Thanks Karen!

But although I can eat many things, and fortunatelly down here we have many fresh products, Doc S. says I should never eat carbs without eating proteins. Therefore I guess I should be having ham and fruit on the morning, or something similar, isn't it?

By the way, I live in Barcelona:
great city, great people,...great food!

do you know it? We have plenty of fresh things but it is impossible to get LOW CARB products. I cannot even find Tofu easily!! (I guess I'll find it in speciallized delis...)

Exactly as finding sweeteners.You can only find sacarine, which tast awfull. So I had to "stole" my fathers SPLENDA (he travels oft to the States and brings those kinda products..)
Anyway, Doc S. says we shouldnt either take those artificial foods...what do you think about it? I agree, but it is not always easy...

Thanks anyway! Its the first time I diet so supported...and I like it!

regards!

ami.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 16:55

Plan: PPP
Stats: /////////// Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Ami,

It's nice to hear from sunny Spain!

If you can get fresh produce, nuts, and good quality meat and dairy, I'd say you probably have all you need for a healthy low-carb diet. So many of the advertised "low-carb" products are frills and substitutes, not quite real food, in my way of thinking.

Having said that, I know that it can be hard to go without sweets. You are lucky if you can get Splenda. It is very nice - artificial but apparently the safest one. I suggest you look for stevia which is a no-carb sweetener that is natural. It comes from South America. Maybe you could order it mail order if you can't find it in your country. It is lightweight.

The longer you do this, the more creative you get. Now I can't imagine that this way of eating ever seemed restrictive to me.

All the best to you.
Kay

Last edited by Kay : Fri, Aug-31-01 at 17:02.