Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 01:36

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Smile Jmho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube
Hi! This is one last ditch effort before I quit. I've been doing Atkins for 5 weeks now. The last 2 weeks, I've cut carbs to 10/day, cheese/ cream only 3 days/ wk, no coffee or other caffeine, etc, etc. I've lost a whopping 10 lbs out of 100 that I could lose in these 5 weeks. I drink plenty of water, I'm usually hot, esp my feet, so don't think it's thyroid, etc. The test sticks always come out negative, so I figure I might as well eat some of the fresh fruit I enjoy instead of all the eggs that I can not stand. Typical day includes 1 egg for breakfast, 2 eggs with 1 leaf of romaine for lunch, hamburger with (some days) slice of cheese or slice of tomatoe for dinner. Sometimes a couple pieces of bacon or sausage.... Some days if I'm allowing dairy and haven't had cheese, I'll have whipped cream with sucralose for a treat. No nurtrasweet, no saccarin, no milk, etc. I've read and reread Atkins' books, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Bacon I only allow once a week. THe sausage I get has nothing but pork and spices in it (no hidden carbs...) I try to keep carbs to under 10, because on 20 I was gaining... I force myself to eat breakfast. Drink lots of water, plus some spenda sweetened drinks, too. Most days I drink the 2 qts by lunch time...
Just looking for a clue. Thanks! I've been thinking of doing the fat fast, but want to do it when I'm not going to be outof town, so that may not happen until the end of this month- 4 more weeks.... I really miss fruits and veggies,
d still haven't gotten to where I enjoy the "approved" foods.

Why aren't you eating veggies? What bothers me about your choices is that you are not enjoying them. Eat something that you like that is enjoyable. You say you miss fruit. Well, eat some strawberries or raspberries etc Have a little cantalope. Learn to experiment with the allowables. I love cooked greens such as kale and collards. Red and yellow bell peppers are extremely high in vitamin C, higher than oranges as is strawberries. When I was on induction I ate fried chicken that I made with a soy flour breading and the entire family loved it. I love sour cream better than yogurt. I remember, back-in-the-day, I used yogurt as a low-fat substitute for sour cream. Now I use sour cream as a substitute for yogurt. I sweeten sour cream with a little splenda and out it on my berries. Now I can admit to the fact that yogurt is nasty! Something else I ate which was yummy was sauteed shrimp in a creamy sauce ( Ken's Creamy Ceasar salad dressing, heated ) and it was poured over collard greens. You might prefer it on broccoli or asparagus.

Why are you eating eggs if you do not like them? Perhaps you just need to make egg things like a fritatta or eggs benedict or, hmm, cheesecake.
No matter what, this diet won't work for you if you do not like the food you are earing.
Sponsored Links