Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:19
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 153/141.5/135
BF:22
Progress: 64%
Default My "weigh" of thinking

I always take whatever I've lost and double it -- because I figure I could have just as easily gained as lost. So when I lose 2, I am 4 pounds ahead of the game. Just a little mind game I play with myself. Helps when I've had a slow weight loss week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:44

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Good idea!

Sometimes you just gotta play mind games in order to stay motivated.

I always imagine what a pound of butter looks like and then multiply that by how many pounds I lost.

Honey that's a lot of Land o'Lakes !

molly
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 17:22
Registered Member

Default Wow

Good golly, Miss Molly, I just looked at your stats! Congratulations are in order. Losing 100 pounds is quite a feat. It's been killing me trying to lose 20! I'm impressed. Diane
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 21:00

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

I like your thinking and had the same thoughts the other day when i realised Ive been here a yesr with a long way to go still. Then it hit me that i knew darn well that if I hadnt found this site i would now be likely hitting 200.
At least this is the first time for yonks that i can look back on a year ago and be lighter instead of heavier.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 08:01
Registered Member

Thumbs up Bloom's so right

>Bloom: if I hadnt found this site i would now be likely hitting 200.

You're so smart to be where you are instead of where you could have been. My daughter is 31 and around 230. I wish she would read Sugar Busters and I think it would change her life. It's such an easy plan to follow. I love to eat, but the highest I've ever been is 165 and so it's hard for me to imagine what it is like for her, but asuming she loves to eat as well, I think she would be much happier eating the SB way.

My mother has asked me to give her the SB book for Christmas, which I plan to do. She does Slim Fast and loses a few and then gains it back. I've tried to tell her what sugar does to her appetite -- ever look at the contents of a can of Slim Fast??? Yikes.

I've been eating cashews this week and thank heavens the can is gone. My carb cravings are way up. I'm still working on a slug of peaches my folks gave us. After raising a litter of kids, I have a hard time watching things go to waste. Instead the peaches are going to "waist". I think today I'll cut them up and freeze them. At least I won't have to smell them.

Hope everybody has a good week. Diane
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/150
BF:
Progress:
Default i agree

thats a great accomplishment to see what youve done as a positive by losing. You have confronted a problem and taken control of it. So youve been doing this a year, a yr is not that long of a time. Progress=Progress. Don't beat oyurself up for accomplishing something that many fail to do.

good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 17:43

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Don't Give UP!

As long as you don't give up you can't fail. So what if it takes years to lose the weight? Those years will pass by whether you are losing pounds or not. So we may as well "gird our loins" and stay on plan.

I lose weight S-L-O-W-L-Y ... I'm a regular turtle. But I weigh less this year than last and less last year than the year before... plus health wise I am doing great!

Let's give ourselves a pat on the back for the efforts we are making and keep on keeping on!

molly