Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: The Atkins Diet
Stats: 140/131/115 Female sixty-five inches
BF:not sure:-\
Progress: 36%
Default Fasting for church

My church is going on a mission's trip next week and one of those days we are going to be fasting. Will it mess me up if i do the fasting??? Fasting is very important to me So i just now thought about that and i hope it won't mess up my diet
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 11:23
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I'm no expert, but I think you'll be OK fasting for just a day. Drink water though.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 13:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

I agree, drink LOTS and LOTS of water, and for one day you should be okay. Bring something you can eat just incase you get a little woozie.

Good luck on your fast.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 14:14
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Religious fasting for only a day or so won't hurt your chances of sticking to this WOE or do major harm. You might enjoy the detox. Be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, and bring along something LC to have the next day. You might be so hungry if you don't have something onhand, you will eat the first thingoffered LC or not. Make sure it's something that's not to heavy on your stomach or hard to digest as you may need to ease back into eating alittle. I don't think just one day would have that much of an effect on digestion though.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 16:27
Contributing Member

Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

I agree, you'll be fine. God bless you and your group.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:39

Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%

I plan to fast on "Yom Kippur" (October), the fast goes from sundown to sundown the next day, about 26 hours.... Unfortunately not only is food not allowed, but neither is water! I do usually end up feeling crappy with a headache...and yes one must be very careful when "breaking" the fast. I have learned from experience that meat is dangerous...best to stick with eggs or omelette or smoked salmon, cream cheese and veggies!

Froufie
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 20:46
Registered Member

Plan: The Atkins Diet
Stats: 140/131/115 Female sixty-five inches
BF:not sure:-\
Progress: 36%

Thanks for all the advice guys! It is greatly appreciated I am definiltey going to drink lots and lots of water while doing it, and when i am able to eat again i'm going to eat light. The only problem is i'm not sure what kind of food they'll have fun us when we're done fasting:-\ But i'll just try my best to eat what i should! So, the best thing to eat when i come off of it is eggs?? jw! hehe! Best of luck to all you guys!