Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 00:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/251/195
BF:
Progress: 44%
Question more questions....

ok after reading through everyones threads i have a much better understanding of the need for vegies. I am a very simple guy / what is the easiest way to fill this need? when you respond, think EASY! EASY! EASY!

I work a late shift. does it matter when or what i eat at the end of the day? can i have something right before i go to sleep? what is the general rule on that? (can't find this in atkins book)

Is there such a thing as drinking too much water?

ok, that is enouph for now.

i will never be as fat as i am today again..

never.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 01:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Buy the pre-package veggies and cherry tomatoes that you don't have to cut up. Or buy regular veggies, rinse and cut up, and store in baggies right after you buy your groceries. This way is a little time consuming, but its much cheaper.

As for eating before bed, its not recomended. In the evening or in your case, late evening, your body's metabolism begins to naturally slow down as it prepares for sleep. This is NOT the time to have a big meal. At this time your body cannot burn the food like a squirrel stores acorns for the winter. Your best bet is to eat your last meal 3 to 4 hours before bed. And if you do need a snack, have a small serving and wait for an hour or two before doing so.

I've never heard of a person dying from drinking too much water, but just make sure you take a potassium pill daily. You may be losing alot of electrolytes if your drinking lots. You can tell by being dizzy or lethargic if your electrolytes are low.
The more water you drink, the more urine you make, the more ketones will pass out in the urine, and the more fat you lose. So drink up!

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:43

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

mcavana, want easy veggies? Buy brocolli and cauliflower in the pre cut-up packages. You can also buy a couple of small zucchini and yellow squash.

All you do is place the veggies in a microwave proof bowl. Enough for a serving for you. Put a tablespoon of butter with them, nuke on high for 4 mins. Presto! Steamed veggies.

I also put a little basil or oregano on them with some parmasan cheese for a quick flavor change.

General rule on eating before bed is waiting 3 hours after you eat. This is pretty much standard across the board....sorta like that thing your mom use to tell you of "don't go swimming within an hour of eating or you get cramps".
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/251/195
BF:
Progress: 44%

is it possible for me to have too much brockley?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 08:14

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

On Atkin's you are allowed:

3 cups of salad fixings

OR

2 cups of salad fixings and 2/3 cups of cooked veggies.