Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/151.8/127 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 27%

hi ladies! sorry ive been mia latey... by the looks of this thread so have you two! well i just finished off my first fast. by the end of it i wasnt even really hungry but i felt loopy so i decided i need to put some fuel in my body. I ended up gaining all the way back up to 147 ish... i didnt wnat to change it on here so i just waited. i woke up this morning at 142. i am happy. how are you two? hey chris you are making some great progress! it is almost a full month into this diet. i think i may get off of it because i really was expecting more. maybe i was expecting too much, but im my opinion, if i am going to deprive myself some of my faves..... then i need to see some drastic results. also, i just dont think its healty to be able to eat bacon, but not a banana. i am going to do a low cal diet. i just feel better about it.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-08, 08:25

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Jessica,

I wish you'd reconsider - you'll be missed here. Have you read "Good Calories, Bad Calories?" You might want to do that before you go to low cal. But good luck in whatever you choose, and if you decide to come back, I'll be here!
Chris
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-08, 11:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/248/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 32%

jessica we will miss you! just know though bc you don't have much weight to loose it's going to come of slower than if you had a lot to loose. feel free to stop in and let us know how you are doing on which ever plan you decide to follow tho
chris how are you my dear??? it has been FOREVER girl! i am back on track today with some new recipes i will try out this week and am feeling a bit better. i was just disgusted with the low carb choices i had and took a bit of a break from the diet and board. im back tho and thankfully i didn't gain from the lousy week. u should try those protein pancakes, they are GOOD! i see you are a few lbs below from your weight b4...WAY TO GO! i doubt you will see the 200's again
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-08, 16:31

BF:

hello...lo...lo...
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 05:34

BF:

Hi there Alia,

I'm glad you're hanging in. I am, barely. Can't get consistently into the 190's. I'm finally starting to add some exercise, mostly toning. I've got THREE dance classes this week, that'll be good for both aerobic and muscle work. I'm doing 3 days of M&E this week (mostly meat, need to order some cod liver oil to up my omega 3's, the eggs are making me sick, grrr). Still no cheats, and feeling pissy/cranky that my weight is stuck between 199 and 201. Hopefully more exercise by working around the house (getting the pool open, digging and weeding and planting) will help. I have a feeling my TOM is around the corner too, so I'm sure that effects things. Still, over a month and no real loss...
Chris
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 10:50

BF:

aww im sorry chris you aren't having very good weight loss on this plan. it seems to take you FOREVER to loose and you don't even cheat like i do! i've told you this b4 and i'll tell ya again when i don't exercise i just maintain my weight despite being on plan and all. i KNOW i have to workout so i just push myself to do it no matter how tired i am. now that the weather has warmed up i take my son out power walking in his stroller to try to switch things up a bit. i still haven't gotten on the scale fo a few days because aunt flo is in town and don't want to disapoint myself, kwim? have you thought about tweaking your plan a bit? maybe trying south beach or one of the other low carb plans??
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 07:43

BF:

MS. CHRIS!!! why don't you post on this thread anymore???
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 13:44

BF:

Hi Alia!

I'm sorry I've been remiss. Here I am! Still struggling, but enjoying the lifestyle of lowcarb very much. I've been mostly just doing the journal thing and reading threads. Still trying to get back to my low of 197.6 and then beyond. Getting some exercise from spring-type stuff - working on the pool, gardening, etc., as well as dancing (ramped up to twice per week the next couple at least, we have a "test" on 5/10). How are things with you? Are you "back on the wagon?"
Chris
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 09:25

BF:

hey chris! sorry it has taken me a few days to respond...my sis was in town for the weekend and we were visiting a lot. o we went to muchacho (i think that was the name??!!) in tremont and boy was it GOOD. u must go when you have a chance.
i see you have been getting a lot of exercise WOOHOO! you make me want to have a yard! how's the diet going??
im back on track (finally!), but have been stuck at 250 the past couple days. i was supposed to be 245 on the 25th so i didn't make my goal this month dh hasn't asked yet, hopefully he wont try to get me pregnant and will cut me a little slack since i experimented (with no luck) with south beach for a little while per the dr's orders. kinda bummed about that, but what can you expect when you take a week off dieting completely AND switch plans twice. o well.
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 09:42

BF:

Hey Alia,

250 is awesome - you're down 45 pounds!!! You rock!!! I had too many low carb tortillas over the weekend, so I'm still working back to my low weight. AND I'm going to a weekend bachelorette party thing this weekend, will need to be really careful. But I'm pretty happy and feeling thinner and looking forward to more good weather. I can't wait until my pool is warm enough to swim laps!
Chris
  #116   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-08, 09:16

BF:

hey girl! we live in an apt so our pool will be opening up soon too! how are the dance classes going??
ug still stuck at 250 this morning i was EXTREMELY hungry yesterday and ate 3 LARGE meals with snacks and all (all on plan tho). i was hoping to see a weight loss this morning bc of being so hungry, but nope. i want to see the 240's damn it!
  #117   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 11:33

BF:

hey chris! broke into the 240's woohoo...248 this morning. how's everything going your way?
do you make the oopsies or rev rolls? i was making the oopsies for the longest and tried the rev rolls today and i actually liked them better! they have less cheese in them too so that's a good thing as i LOVE my cheese and sometimes overdue it. i have been eating veggie burgers with them. i was buying so many of the veggie burgers i decided to order a case from the company that serves our store and they all have rice in them ARRG! im going to try and return them on monday...hopefully they will take them back...they were $50!!!
my son's been sick, so we haven't been able to get out for our walks. it's been raining so much here for the past 2 days anyway...i've just been working out inside the house instead.
how are you and the hubby doing?
  #118   ^
Old Thu, May-08-08, 08:19

BF:

*sigh* i guess there are no other people from c-town
chris if you ever want to chat again feel free to send me a message
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-08, 15:33
Registered Member

Stats: 161/151.8/127 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 27%

hey ladies!! how are you!!!! i miss this place!! i need to come home!!! i have gained allll my weight back!!!! i hope you girls still check in from time to time! hope to hear from ya~
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-08, 17:51

Stats: 238/234.5/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Location: live in Ohio in the country about 25 miles east of Cleveland
Default Low-carbers in Geauga County/Cleveland, Ohio

Hello, I am looking for some in-person support. I live in Geauga County in Ohio, which is about 20 miles east of Cleveland. Anyone interested in forming an in-person group of some sort?

Thanks a lot!

Sharon