Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1996   ^
Old Yesterday, 15:04

Plan: NoS
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Yup this spring chicken got home at 3:30 and went out and hit it hard while the sun was still shining. Just finished up here at 5 PM- exercise and move rings are closed and the lawn is mowed! Pretty sure the rain is coming back tomorrow so I needed to capitalize on it while I could. It was warm out too- my watch says 86- so I got some good sweating on, which was awesome. There is just something immensely satisfying to me about mowing the lawn. I just get out there and move along, one foot in front of the other, and it becomes a meditation of sorts, even with music playing in the background. The mind just lets go.

Feeling mostly well enough but satisfied and sometimes that will close the remaining gap.

BTW, that was my first time seeing Newsies and WOW. It was a phenomenal show. That was in my top five for shows we have seen there over the last few years. Glad we went!
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Yesterday, 17:53

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 205/205/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:

tired and good..... check in in am 0 no blips
  #1998   ^
Old Yesterday, 18:30

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Jaz---Sounds like you're happy to have your house back to yourself. Did your guest like your new "dollhouse?" Sounds like he's an old friend who used to be more. Hard to negotiate that situation sometimes. Always nice if it works out you can still be friends---in the way that a guy pal can be such a nice thing. And one that knows you well, even better. Plus, he's LC so he gets extra consideration. Good for your "Blip-less" weekend.

I think I loved that wedding because it was happy, and beautiful and full of love---not just bride and groom, but in the music and all around. More of that, please. Did you see her evening party dress? Gorgeous.

Trigger---and on that point, haha, I too thought the dress was just a bit plain, although the cut was gorgeous and elegant, and she looked stunning---she wore that dress instead of the other way around, somewhat common w/big hullaballoos like this ways. Do you remember Diana's Dress. OMG, she looked like a giant meringue, although her beauty managed to peek thru anyway. Still, did comment to my pal as we were watching it together that the dress itself was just a few steps from a nurse outfit. Yep, I agree, just a tad of sparkle and bling would have been nice.

Lori---I always get anxious before a big trip, particularly an overseas trip. But once you get on that plane, all packing decisions made, all hassle of getting there almost done, the anticipation begins. Then you're there and doing it! Cannot wait to hear how all this goes.

Nic---Nice you had a good "binge" on a series, no carbs. Such a relaxing thing to do when you have the time and the weather is crappy. For me, it's like visiting a different world ---all my cares and woes left behind for awhile.

Sounds like you had a full, fun weekend, w/the exception of not feeling swell for a minute there. I love a good sweat too, that used to be one of my fave parts of working out. Then a nice shower, and you just feel like some bad stuff just left your body.

K-mom---When do your guests leave? My, seems like a very long stay. Look forward to hearing about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I had a Birthday Club brunch---4 or us who celebrate each others birthdays and have for about 30 years. Did OK on plan. Ordered eggs Benedict. Had half of the muffin and a few roasted potato bites and counted them in my Carb line up for the day. Had just a burger w/cheese on it for dinner, so still managed to come in around 25 NCs.

Today I had avocado toast for lunch, will have Meme's fried chicken and simple side salad. Will come in around 20 NCs.

So 4 days pretty well on plan---much better than I'd been doing. No bloat. No thinner feeling yet, but a less tubby feeling for sure. Found a dress in my closet that's just 5 lbs short of looking good on me, and I love this dress. So on the back of my door it went. Haven't bothered with an inspiration piece for a long time, so that's my step for today.
  #1999   ^
Old Today, 05:08

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 205/205/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:

Blue- I LOVED the dress! I thought it was beautifully UNSTATED pretty!- Because she is so beautiful she could pull it off. I do remember that "thing"- Diana wore- OMG it was ugly. Even for back then- it looked like a circus dress. But Diana was a real beauty too. What a shame, I think she would be very regal looking if she were still here. But more than anything SO PROUD!
That HAG- that replaced her...... enough said. She thinks she is so respectable. I wonder if she knows what people really think of her. However Charles is just as much at fault. He is no prize.
God save the queen!!!!!
hahahahahahahahahah

What fun that you had your Birthday lunch! When is your birthday? Do you all have the same month birthdays?

TRIG- Girl you are preaching to the CHOIR here! I totally agree that Keto is the way humans were designed to eat. Not sitting in our AC cars, pulling up to a golden Arch and getting bag of garbage and calling that food.
OMG the sugar GRAZERS- we have candy BOWLS- sitting out all over the office. AND it disappears. People make sure they got a SUPPLY!

Along those same lines. I am convinced that dairy is in that pool of what not to eat. That is WHY- it causes people including myself distress. We as humans were never made to drink cows milk!
Eggs- are not true dairy. I think eggs are a perfect food. That even being said- I prefer brown, pasture eggs.

Yeah on the booking ahead a year. I am still shaking my head over that- just how far in advance one must book. Whatever happen to being spontanous jumping into the car and just heading out to wherever it takes ya? ....... I know the older I get the more simple I like life.
I am ok with that.

Nic- Goodness you puke then cut the lawn. Speechless- no way would I do or could do that. Glad though you had a restful weekend! I do love my NETFLIX!!!!
Are you going to the movies or plays?
I did see I FEEL PRETTY- and agreed with you- just SO SO.

Lori- I know you are busy- busy busy- for Scotland!

KMOM- look forward to you post. Whats UP??????
-------------------------------------------------
nothing new- back to "real life". Did some laundry, and got ready up for this week. -
My friend left- and I am off to work. - More on that later- but nothing really to report, friends just hanging out. You are right Blue- when it get awkward, it the time to let that go. - We really are just friends.

I am thawing a bag of fresh peed and devined I will have with some cali rice if wanted. Not much. I will eat once today. All I need.
Everything else sorta humming along.
Going to see the kids next weekend!

Great day all
  #2000   ^
Old Today, 05:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue your party sounded like fun
You always did well with an inspiration piece hanging on the back of your door! That always gave you something to eye and a goal to hit, smart to go back to old ways to help you thru stuff!

Jaz, PLEASE DO NOT EAT PEED shrimp please Had me laughing like crazy. Peed and devined. Maybe deveined? HAHA just too funny. fast typing and in the early morning makes for some fun words

Yea we can be spontaneous camping in many camgrounds more in the interior of the states. Some state parks on good lakes need a good 6 months sometimes, but the beach state parks are that far ahead to book. Everyone who loves the beach wants right on the beach like me, and we fight like dogs to book them.

We went to Bahia Honda in Key West when down there. SO pretty but SO small. Like 40? or so sites and I just can't get it booked cause I need 'specific' days and I can't work around everyone retired and can book and get long stays all the time so it throws me out of the loop of getting a spot. BUT WHEN we retire and she hits college I am gonna get my spot at Bahia and I am gonna keep getting it come heck or highwater LOL

I also think dairy is not a good thing for people but I do well on it so I keep it in the mix. But I think it messes with a lot of people. Milk was one of the early players for tribes that were nomadic with small herds. You know, meat on the hoof, milk around from the animals, but they were not farming crap. Dairy is a so give or take thing for many.

Nicco you are doing so well closing those rings!
I was a mower lover til I got sick to death of it as I am now. We mow SO much and control so many weeds, the branch, pasture fences, around barns, paddocks etc that it is just way too much maintenance work. Hubby is fixing his tractor so we can bushhog over at his mom's land and bushhog our pastures since 1 goat, Lollipop, left sure can't control all that grass out there!

Condos, rvs and townhouses are looking better and better to us now for 0 maintenance.

Hey all
OMG the rain last night. Drops the size of dinner plates and sounded like hail pounding the house. Wind fierce. Storm was fun to watch! But everything is soggy as mush out there. Everything green is growing at warp speeds, must try to get some control sooner than later, weather permitting. At least the pollen and bird poop is off the cars etc

I got a little sparrow bird nesting on top of my boat floats hanging in the garage. Little bugger. I wanted to rip it down but she is hanging in it and using it and I can't touch my floats until she is done.....ugh. I got older boat floats hanging I was gonna throw but will use those until this bird is finished with her life on top of the new floats hanging I am always surprised they can build the nest in the garage cause mostly we keep the garage side door closed. But they get it done somehow with us not seeing Then I now have to leave the door cracked so she can get in and out.....darn birds, I own no bird pets yet I now have to deal with one like it is a pet LOL

nothing much today
laundry going
have another load of bed sheets etc going in after this load

weather is icky, dark, and I am moody and dark right along with it.
bleck

food.
gonna make a nice big old meatloaf (eggs, little onion salt and done) and eat on that for like 2-3 days. Will do bacon/cheese omelet later for brunch time.

I am now getting into the SO SICK of food and cooking mode again, which is a good thing actually for me
I eat less!

great day all
  #2001   ^
Old Today, 06:32

Plan: My Way; IF
Stats: 223/158.2/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Good Morning!

Long day....short night. Long day on the golf course yesterday and then on the way home a phone call from DH saying that his elderly cousin was not feeling well. Asked me to stop at her house on my way as he was already there. We ended up calling the ambulance and having her checked out. Long story short....all heart tests etc came back fine...no explanation for shortness of breath. Ambulance brought her back home at 11:30PM. We needed the help to get her back into the house and to bed. Her mobility is declining rapidly, although it hasn't been good for a long time. She has been resistant to having outside help, but push is coming to shove. We are trying to allow her to stay in her home, but we are going to need help. I'm going to call her in a few minutes and check in and will probably be going to help her get something to eat etc. DH will be stopping in at lunch time after he is done work for the day. She is 89 years old and getting weaker by the day. Sad.

Today I'm going to hang around the house and see what we need to do for her and then I have to work 4-10. Wish I didn't have to do that, but I'll get thru it.

I have a friend from Alaska who wants to call me today to chat. The 4 hour time difference makes it odd for scheduling a call. I suspect she will call me around 8 or 9 this morning her time.

That's it from my world. Kind of stressful around here. Add to the stress my upcoming trip....and worrying about leaving DH to deal with the health issues of his cousin alone. She does have a friend who is a retired nurse who will be a big help.

Over and out.
  #2002   ^
Old Today, 07:33

Plan: NoS
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone from your little beaten-up pal,

Will get to personals in a bit but man oh man was there a s-show around the house last night. DS16 is really quite determined to have us stretch our parental wings before he goes out to the next stage of life. Not going into the deets but long story short, we are doing our first-ever-in-23-years of parenting full scale, all out grounding. All electronics of all kinds are completely gone until the end of the school year and then we will reevaluate. No sleepovers, parties, hang outs of any kind. We stopped short of taking his door off the hinges. lol We aren't parents who have to take the punitive route hardly ever, more of a talking family and honestly, just going on expectations that they will do / not do what we have asked of them, so this is new for everyone. But, when push comes to shove, we will do what we need to do to draw a tight boundary line and help reorient this little wayward sheep.

Blue- you are doing awesome! 4 days on plan and making excellent choices with just a tad of leeway to allow yourself not to feel strangled. Well done!

Jaz- Glad Trig clarified what you were eating bc I was stumped. lol
Newsies was a show at the dinner theater. The next one up is Mamma Mia and we are hoping to get a giant group going the night before the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. We have subscription tickets to the dinner theater.

Trig- you sweet thing with the bird in your garage. You really are a gem with a soft heart. Sorry you had the rain. We FINALLY got a break yesterday and today is nice so far too, then it is back.

Lori- Big hugs to you, so sorry for the stress. I can come and sit beside you on the stress boat if you want some company.

KMom- Thinking of you.

So as I said, weekend of highs and lows. Actually a really good weekend until the S hit the fan last night. We are all worn down and tired today- walking around like emotional cripples. Thank God for black humor bc I am drowning in it today!

Anyway, this storm will clear, as they do, and God love him, he's a good kid and he will be fine.

Going to go out to the park and take a nice long walk. Currently listening to an audiobook- right now it is The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. I couldn't listen to it while mowing the lawn bc the reader is too quite and measured. I'm going to try today while I walk, but honestly my brain is so busy and freaked out right now that I am pretty sure I will be defaulting to music. I think I won't be able to concentrate on a book.

Leftovers for tonight.
  #2003   ^
Old Today, 08:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, the S-Show
we had 2-3 of those over the kid's 13 yrs on this planet HAHA
and I only got ONE!!!

yea at some point you have to go ALL in sometimes. The nice parent, give ya slack even if we chatted about what was wrong sometimes has to leave the building and you go hog wild and go into a throw down

I bet I have one of those coming HAHA

But kids are kids. We can shove so much at them and at some point you have to SHOW it like it is with electronics gone and more. I have threatened kiddo with no Xbox, no phone, no computer and never took them cause she REAL fast fixed whatever it was cause they are so precious to her at this stage, but she is young. I don't have the older kid coming into her own yet to really take me on LOL Oh boy will that one be a doozey when it goes down

eh, relax, you know all will be good!!

weather just stinks here
2 big laundries, sheets etc going down here and I hate it. Had to clean the stupid ceiling fans from dust and got it all in my nose of course sneezing like a maniac now.

just pfffting around cleaning this and that.

Hubby got irked at kiddo yesterday. At 6 I said are ya hungry? Nope. (of course she just ate a pack of Sweet Tart Ropes that I didn't know of)
At 7, are ya hungry? Cause I am shutting down the kitchen big time and I AM NOT cooking. Nope.
At 8, ONE LAST chance for food cause early bed is coming for Monday school. Nope (little did I know the Cheez Its got hit sometime after the ST Ropes candy LOL)

Well we all basically skipped dinner time cause no one wanted anything til hubby started cooking a small ham steak at 9. NOW kiddo was hungry!

Hubby went into 'how can she get food now if we asked and asked...and blah blah blah and he was ticked and I said, cool your damn jets. She is a kid LOL Then he smiled and thought, eh, whatever. No biggie.
So I made her a sausage and cheese omelet and made myself one at the same time

Then hubby hits me up with 'when we say blah blah and she does xyz and blah blah.....I just looked at him and said, it is darn near 10 at night, at this point I just don't care about any of it -HEEhee-he got my point, just leave it alone....ugh

so yea we all get the stupid going down with kids, lordy 1 is truly enough for me!