Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1996   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 15:04

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Yup this spring chicken got home at 3:30 and went out and hit it hard while the sun was still shining. Just finished up here at 5 PM- exercise and move rings are closed and the lawn is mowed! Pretty sure the rain is coming back tomorrow so I needed to capitalize on it while I could. It was warm out too- my watch says 86- so I got some good sweating on, which was awesome. There is just something immensely satisfying to me about mowing the lawn. I just get out there and move along, one foot in front of the other, and it becomes a meditation of sorts, even with music playing in the background. The mind just lets go.

Feeling mostly well enough but satisfied and sometimes that will close the remaining gap.

BTW, that was my first time seeing Newsies and WOW. It was a phenomenal show. That was in my top five for shows we have seen there over the last few years. Glad we went!
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 17:53

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

tired and good..... check in in am 0 no blips
  #1998   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 18:30

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Jaz---Sounds like you're happy to have your house back to yourself. Did your guest like your new "dollhouse?" Sounds like he's an old friend who used to be more. Hard to negotiate that situation sometimes. Always nice if it works out you can still be friends---in the way that a guy pal can be such a nice thing. And one that knows you well, even better. Plus, he's LC so he gets extra consideration. Good for your "Blip-less" weekend.

I think I loved that wedding because it was happy, and beautiful and full of love---not just bride and groom, but in the music and all around. More of that, please. Did you see her evening party dress? Gorgeous.

Trigger---and on that point, haha, I too thought the dress was just a bit plain, although the cut was gorgeous and elegant, and she looked stunning---she wore that dress instead of the other way around, somewhat common w/big hullaballoos like this ways. Do you remember Diana's Dress. OMG, she looked like a giant meringue, although her beauty managed to peek thru anyway. Still, did comment to my pal as we were watching it together that the dress itself was just a few steps from a nurse outfit. Yep, I agree, just a tad of sparkle and bling would have been nice.

Lori---I always get anxious before a big trip, particularly an overseas trip. But once you get on that plane, all packing decisions made, all hassle of getting there almost done, the anticipation begins. Then you're there and doing it! Cannot wait to hear how all this goes.

Nic---Nice you had a good "binge" on a series, no carbs. Such a relaxing thing to do when you have the time and the weather is crappy. For me, it's like visiting a different world ---all my cares and woes left behind for awhile.

Sounds like you had a full, fun weekend, w/the exception of not feeling swell for a minute there. I love a good sweat too, that used to be one of my fave parts of working out. Then a nice shower, and you just feel like some bad stuff just left your body.

K-mom---When do your guests leave? My, seems like a very long stay. Look forward to hearing about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I had a Birthday Club brunch---4 or us who celebrate each others birthdays and have for about 30 years. Did OK on plan. Ordered eggs Benedict. Had half of the muffin and a few roasted potato bites and counted them in my Carb line up for the day. Had just a burger w/cheese on it for dinner, so still managed to come in around 25 NCs.

Today I had avocado toast for lunch, will have Meme's fried chicken and simple side salad. Will come in around 20 NCs.

So 4 days pretty well on plan---much better than I'd been doing. No bloat. No thinner feeling yet, but a less tubby feeling for sure. Found a dress in my closet that's just 5 lbs short of looking good on me, and I love this dress. So on the back of my door it went. Haven't bothered with an inspiration piece for a long time, so that's my step for today.
  #1999   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 05:08

BF:

Blue- I LOVED the dress! I thought it was beautifully UNSTATED pretty!- Because she is so beautiful she could pull it off. I do remember that "thing"- Diana wore- OMG it was ugly. Even for back then- it looked like a circus dress. But Diana was a real beauty too. What a shame, I think she would be very regal looking if she were still here. But more than anything SO PROUD!
That HAG- that replaced her...... enough said. She thinks she is so respectable. I wonder if she knows what people really think of her. However Charles is just as much at fault. He is no prize.
God save the queen!!!!!
hahahahahahahahahah

What fun that you had your Birthday lunch! When is your birthday? Do you all have the same month birthdays?

TRIG- Girl you are preaching to the CHOIR here! I totally agree that Keto is the way humans were designed to eat. Not sitting in our AC cars, pulling up to a golden Arch and getting bag of garbage and calling that food.
OMG the sugar GRAZERS- we have candy BOWLS- sitting out all over the office. AND it disappears. People make sure they got a SUPPLY!

Along those same lines. I am convinced that dairy is in that pool of what not to eat. That is WHY- it causes people including myself distress. We as humans were never made to drink cows milk!
Eggs- are not true dairy. I think eggs are a perfect food. That even being said- I prefer brown, pasture eggs.

Yeah on the booking ahead a year. I am still shaking my head over that- just how far in advance one must book. Whatever happen to being spontanous jumping into the car and just heading out to wherever it takes ya? ....... I know the older I get the more simple I like life.
I am ok with that.

Nic- Goodness you puke then cut the lawn. Speechless- no way would I do or could do that. Glad though you had a restful weekend! I do love my NETFLIX!!!!
Are you going to the movies or plays?
I did see I FEEL PRETTY- and agreed with you- just SO SO.

Lori- I know you are busy- busy busy- for Scotland!

KMOM- look forward to you post. Whats UP??????
-------------------------------------------------
nothing new- back to "real life". Did some laundry, and got ready up for this week. -
My friend left- and I am off to work. - More on that later- but nothing really to report, friends just hanging out. You are right Blue- when it get awkward, it the time to let that go. - We really are just friends.

I am thawing a bag of fresh peed and devined I will have with some cali rice if wanted. Not much. I will eat once today. All I need.
Everything else sorta humming along.
Going to see the kids next weekend!

Great day all
  #2000   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 05:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue your party sounded like fun
You always did well with an inspiration piece hanging on the back of your door! That always gave you something to eye and a goal to hit, smart to go back to old ways to help you thru stuff!

Jaz, PLEASE DO NOT EAT PEED shrimp please Had me laughing like crazy. Peed and devined. Maybe deveined? HAHA just too funny. fast typing and in the early morning makes for some fun words

Yea we can be spontaneous camping in many camgrounds more in the interior of the states. Some state parks on good lakes need a good 6 months sometimes, but the beach state parks are that far ahead to book. Everyone who loves the beach wants right on the beach like me, and we fight like dogs to book them.

We went to Bahia Honda in Key West when down there. SO pretty but SO small. Like 40? or so sites and I just can't get it booked cause I need 'specific' days and I can't work around everyone retired and can book and get long stays all the time so it throws me out of the loop of getting a spot. BUT WHEN we retire and she hits college I am gonna get my spot at Bahia and I am gonna keep getting it come heck or highwater LOL

I also think dairy is not a good thing for people but I do well on it so I keep it in the mix. But I think it messes with a lot of people. Milk was one of the early players for tribes that were nomadic with small herds. You know, meat on the hoof, milk around from the animals, but they were not farming crap. Dairy is a so give or take thing for many.

Nicco you are doing so well closing those rings!
I was a mower lover til I got sick to death of it as I am now. We mow SO much and control so many weeds, the branch, pasture fences, around barns, paddocks etc that it is just way too much maintenance work. Hubby is fixing his tractor so we can bushhog over at his mom's land and bushhog our pastures since 1 goat, Lollipop, left sure can't control all that grass out there!

Condos, rvs and townhouses are looking better and better to us now for 0 maintenance.

Hey all
OMG the rain last night. Drops the size of dinner plates and sounded like hail pounding the house. Wind fierce. Storm was fun to watch! But everything is soggy as mush out there. Everything green is growing at warp speeds, must try to get some control sooner than later, weather permitting. At least the pollen and bird poop is off the cars etc

I got a little sparrow bird nesting on top of my boat floats hanging in the garage. Little bugger. I wanted to rip it down but she is hanging in it and using it and I can't touch my floats until she is done.....ugh. I got older boat floats hanging I was gonna throw but will use those until this bird is finished with her life on top of the new floats hanging I am always surprised they can build the nest in the garage cause mostly we keep the garage side door closed. But they get it done somehow with us not seeing Then I now have to leave the door cracked so she can get in and out.....darn birds, I own no bird pets yet I now have to deal with one like it is a pet LOL

nothing much today
laundry going
have another load of bed sheets etc going in after this load

weather is icky, dark, and I am moody and dark right along with it.
bleck

food.
gonna make a nice big old meatloaf (eggs, little onion salt and done) and eat on that for like 2-3 days. Will do bacon/cheese omelet later for brunch time.

I am now getting into the SO SICK of food and cooking mode again, which is a good thing actually for me
I eat less!

great day all
  #2001   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 06:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Long day....short night. Long day on the golf course yesterday and then on the way home a phone call from DH saying that his elderly cousin was not feeling well. Asked me to stop at her house on my way as he was already there. We ended up calling the ambulance and having her checked out. Long story short....all heart tests etc came back fine...no explanation for shortness of breath. Ambulance brought her back home at 11:30PM. We needed the help to get her back into the house and to bed. Her mobility is declining rapidly, although it hasn't been good for a long time. She has been resistant to having outside help, but push is coming to shove. We are trying to allow her to stay in her home, but we are going to need help. I'm going to call her in a few minutes and check in and will probably be going to help her get something to eat etc. DH will be stopping in at lunch time after he is done work for the day. She is 89 years old and getting weaker by the day. Sad.

Today I'm going to hang around the house and see what we need to do for her and then I have to work 4-10. Wish I didn't have to do that, but I'll get thru it.

I have a friend from Alaska who wants to call me today to chat. The 4 hour time difference makes it odd for scheduling a call. I suspect she will call me around 8 or 9 this morning her time.

That's it from my world. Kind of stressful around here. Add to the stress my upcoming trip....and worrying about leaving DH to deal with the health issues of his cousin alone. She does have a friend who is a retired nurse who will be a big help.

Over and out.
  #2002   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 07:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone from your little beaten-up pal,

Will get to personals in a bit but man oh man was there a s-show around the house last night. DS16 is really quite determined to have us stretch our parental wings before he goes out to the next stage of life. Not going into the deets but long story short, we are doing our first-ever-in-23-years of parenting full scale, all out grounding. All electronics of all kinds are completely gone until the end of the school year and then we will reevaluate. No sleepovers, parties, hang outs of any kind. We stopped short of taking his door off the hinges. lol We aren't parents who have to take the punitive route hardly ever, more of a talking family and honestly, just going on expectations that they will do / not do what we have asked of them, so this is new for everyone. But, when push comes to shove, we will do what we need to do to draw a tight boundary line and help reorient this little wayward sheep.

Blue- you are doing awesome! 4 days on plan and making excellent choices with just a tad of leeway to allow yourself not to feel strangled. Well done!

Jaz- Glad Trig clarified what you were eating bc I was stumped. lol
Newsies was a show at the dinner theater. The next one up is Mamma Mia and we are hoping to get a giant group going the night before the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. We have subscription tickets to the dinner theater.

Trig- you sweet thing with the bird in your garage. You really are a gem with a soft heart. Sorry you had the rain. We FINALLY got a break yesterday and today is nice so far too, then it is back.

Lori- Big hugs to you, so sorry for the stress. I can come and sit beside you on the stress boat if you want some company.

KMom- Thinking of you.

••••••

So as I said, weekend of highs and lows. Actually a really good weekend until the S hit the fan last night. We are all worn down and tired today- walking around like emotional cripples. Thank God for black humor bc I am drowning in it today!

Anyway, this storm will clear, as they do, and God love him, he's a good kid and he will be fine.

Going to go out to the park and take a nice long walk. Currently listening to an audiobook- right now it is The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. I couldn't listen to it while mowing the lawn bc the reader is too quite and measured. I'm going to try today while I walk, but honestly my brain is so busy and freaked out right now that I am pretty sure I will be defaulting to music. I think I won't be able to concentrate on a book.

Leftovers for tonight.
  #2003   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 08:34

BF:

Nicco, the S-Show
we had 2-3 of those over the kid's 13 yrs on this planet HAHA
and I only got ONE!!!

yea at some point you have to go ALL in sometimes. The nice parent, give ya slack even if we chatted about what was wrong sometimes has to leave the building and you go hog wild and go into a throw down

I bet I have one of those coming HAHA

But kids are kids. We can shove so much at them and at some point you have to SHOW it like it is with electronics gone and more. I have threatened kiddo with no Xbox, no phone, no computer and never took them cause she REAL fast fixed whatever it was cause they are so precious to her at this stage, but she is young. I don't have the older kid coming into her own yet to really take me on LOL Oh boy will that one be a doozey when it goes down

eh, relax, you know all will be good!!

weather just stinks here
2 big laundries, sheets etc going down here and I hate it. Had to clean the stupid ceiling fans from dust and got it all in my nose of course sneezing like a maniac now.

just pfffting around cleaning this and that.

Hubby got irked at kiddo yesterday. At 6 I said are ya hungry? Nope. (of course she just ate a pack of Sweet Tart Ropes that I didn't know of)
At 7, are ya hungry? Cause I am shutting down the kitchen big time and I AM NOT cooking. Nope.
At 8, ONE LAST chance for food cause early bed is coming for Monday school. Nope (little did I know the Cheez Its got hit sometime after the ST Ropes candy LOL)

Well we all basically skipped dinner time cause no one wanted anything til hubby started cooking a small ham steak at 9. NOW kiddo was hungry!

Hubby went into 'how can she get food now if we asked and asked...and blah blah blah and he was ticked and I said, cool your damn jets. She is a kid LOL Then he smiled and thought, eh, whatever. No biggie.
So I made her a sausage and cheese omelet and made myself one at the same time

Then hubby hits me up with 'when we say blah blah and she does xyz and blah blah.....I just looked at him and said, it is darn near 10 at night, at this point I just don't care about any of it -HEEhee-he got my point, just leave it alone....ugh

so yea we all get the stupid going down with kids, lordy 1 is truly enough for me!
  #2004   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 17:13

BF:

OMG- TRIG, we need to keep a side bar of funny things written on here. Half of us are posting first thing in morning without coffee yet, Blue and Kmom post at night, winding down.
HOWEVER My fingers so do fly! I am WELL known at work for these typos as well- everyone laughs!!!!!! ME too!!!! Too funny!

Oh..... the rain here last night was too like hail. Buckets and Buckets!!!! 3 night in a row! - rain on and off here predicted for the next week.

So the kiddo ate at 9- and went to bed at.......? wow...... But you were hungry. I also agree sometimes ya gotta pick the battles! A simple omelette is not a battle- it's a frekin omelette. Nice.....

I have several laundry loads to toss in, but outta soap and to tired to head to store to get soap! - MEH..... tomorrow.....

NIC- Head to head with "THE BOY"....... sometimes a parent NEEDS to pull out the stops. The good news? You and the hubs are ON THE SAME PAGE! That was always an issue with me and my ex. I was the one to discipline and he was soft and ALWAYS gave in and then I was the bad guy. Happened EVERY time! SPINELESS- good on you to stand united!

I am NOT a mower. Even with a dime stamp lot- I really hate to mow. I sweat, bugs stick on me, grass sticks on my sweat- it's just nasty....... Not something a lady should have to endure! But I am to cheap to have it done. Truly it only takes 15 minutes and the going rate for my size yard os 30-40 dollars. Forget that!

Hold STRONG GF!!!! You can come here and vent anytime!!!!!

Lori- OMG- about your DH cousin! However at 89 and she is still living on her own. Maybe she will accept just a little help here and there in the home. I know how stressful it is though to have family decline, and feel the stress of having to come up with a plan.
You can rest on your trip- after your race! You are doing great! What is the count down now?

Trig
- again- I write like I think! is your pool up and going? Not like the weather is any good?
Meatloaf sounds really good about now!!!! Do you use sausage too?
-------------------------------------------
As I sit here and type this I am watching the news. It just never seems to STOP...... Sometimes I just need to unplug. Overload.

Where is that love mesg??????????

I am back to my routine, and happy about it. As much as I love company- I love my space! Not sure if that will happen with happen again with that guest. I am thinking we are both on the same page as not. We are better phone friends. But sorta awkward at this point. Nothing else to add there.

School is going well, really great. At a 98%- after my debacle I have slowly brought it up from a 96- to 98- still an A.
I have an outstanding paper that was a 20 pager.
Just turned in a post- that was about 2 pages. Knocked it out today at work actually on my lunch hour!!!! Subject: The legal and ethical obligation of policymakers in healthcare.

BLUE- I know you want in on this one!!!!!! HAHAAHAHAH

Dinner- the "peed" shrimp will be tomorrow! Had 2 grilled sausages and mustard! Too good- but LOADS of salt. Will not weigh for a few days!

All good here

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, May-21-18 at 18:17.
  #2005   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 18:40

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals!

((((((Nic)))))))---you get my first reply and hug today. Lord love a duck girl, my son was absolutely the most difficult from 15 to about...hmmmmm. Seriously, 15 to 18 was the hardest. Sometimes it felt like war. And I really understand how draining it is to go thru this w/a kid---particularly when you got maybe a bit more unguarded w/the first two. When they were a bit easier? And you thought you had it down?

I also know, like you, your youngest son is a good kid, and he will do just fine in that mythical future we all worry about for our kids. Mine was/is too. But he was one to push the envelope. And then push it once again, and just in case you weren't beside yourself yet, push it one more time.

Seems like your son ebbs and flows. Moments of brilliance and great behavior and you think he's on board, and then KERPLUNK. I so get that. And it is really upsetting when this stuff happens. Sometimes when a parent says "this hurts me more than it does you," it's actually true on levels our kids can't understand till they have their own kids. And then boyo, the tables sure turn.

"I know this much is true" (borrowing a title from one of my fave books ever, by Wally Lamb---check it out---it's a gob smacking fabulous book, and I think you will love it.) Your youngest IS going to find his way in this life, because he has been shown how with love and consideration. May not seem apparent that
is true today, but trust me, it is.

LOL, and I'm kinda hoping for your son that he gets a clue about what works with loving parents, and what doesn't. Because right now, he's doofing himself and I get so upset when my kid is a doofus, and hurts himself unnecessarily. I, like you, don't demand perfection, or that he do it my way. But when they're working strongly against themselves in the doofus category, it sets our hearts to a tizzy.

Trig---Yeah, the kiddo is still just a kid. But maybe if you don't feel like making a meal on her schedule, she can begin to learn to do it herself? Came a time hubby took son aside and said, look, you can cook simple stuff. And he did. Not much good in the kitchen, as y'all know, but when son was 12, I taught him how to his own GD laundry the way he wanted it done. They are so totally capable of this.

Every family has their own ways, and there's no right or wrong as much as imo, there is better and worse. Kiddo is smart as a whip, artistic, and engaged. All SO good. But trust me pal, she needs to learn to cook her own stuff if she misses the time you're willing to do it, at least on most occasions. We moms like to do special things for our kids now and then, like cooking them a dinner at 9 at night. BUT, think your hubby was right about this---please don't hate me for saying so. But tell the pork chop, I heard him. I bet none of our hubbies get direct messages from LCOW gals. But, Sometimes, our mates are actually right and cover ground we're not likely to, or unable to.

OTOH, I'm no expert at parenting, and seems every lesson I have learned at it, I've learned the hard way. It's like when Nic said, you assume good faith in your children, when sometimes we shouldn't. Not because they don't have good intentions, but because they are still KIDS, and their JOB is to slide one by us. As often as they can and for a certain smart and contrary kind of kid, well X100. Don't know about the kiddo, but pretty sure Nic and I have/had that kind of kid.

All food for thought and conversation. No lecture intended. Just really interesting to me to see you younger gals deal with what I did years ago.

NOTE:I did good on translating "love you always," to my son. Most important thing, no matter what else you do well or don't. WOULD do other things differently if I had to do it over again. But Trig, you and me just did it once, so that chance doesn't come again. And even if it does for those w/more kids, no kid is the same, and each and every one of them will humble you in some way, just when you think you've got all the answers.

Jaz---NO ONE does typos like you. Somehow you are mostly never run of the mill with your typos, and so many of them are hilarious. How do you do that in such an entertaining way?!?! Like "peed and divined shrimp." I just giggle my head off. Don't ever stop. We get you, and you're so much fun as you are. Just let your fingers fly girl---you've got a talent for the funnest typos around. Ya can't do this at school or work, and know you don't, but be free here! Again, fun for those of us who love you which is every single person here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So right now I'm juggling 4 projects, 3 from new clients, one from old big client. I am freaking swamped with work, and it all needs to be done this week.

I am thrilled to the gills to feel busy and overwhelmed with work again. Funny how you appreciate that which you used to complain about---when it disappears, you feel its absence. It's been a long dry fallow time for me. But all or a sudden my new business efforts are paying off, and for now, it's all coming at one time.

Know that I could be w/out a project two weeks from now, so just going to enjoy this busy busy time. For right now, I choose too busy as my problem, rather than not busy enough.

TOTALLY on plan today, and feel the mojo growing again.

Lunch: Had one slice of LC bread w/deli ham and Swiss on it, and another great thing I found on my trip to Trader Joe's---Wasabi Mayo! I LOVE hot and spicy, although this is not as hot as say, horseradish, which I also love. But it sure has a nip and was great w/baby Swiss cheese and ham.

Dinner---crack slaw. Haven't had it in weeks, looking forward to it.

20 to 25 NCs for me today. Exactly where I need to be, for me. Feel MUCH better, although not sure how much of that is psychological---knowing I'm making a real effort again and not giving into my worst eating self--and how much is physical. I'll take either/or and run w/it, and hope it sees me into another good day tomorrow.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, May-21-18 at 18:58.
  #2006   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 19:58

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Whew!

Life slows down "a little" starting tomorrow. Lots going on. Oldest daughter and her husband and four kids cancelled for cruise. I am really bummed, but understand and respect their decision. Her husband got a job with the Federal Government. He is deaf and companies are not fast to hire a deaf person. He has a business degree and is very smart. They would not give him time off and he did not want to jeopardize his job in any way. But HELLO...what a mess sorting it all out. All the families were intermingled in rooms because a four person room was SO much cheaper per person. So basically had to redo the whole thing. Quite a few hours on the phone. Tried to breath deeply.

Company left his morning. They were here for 11 days. Also here for 11 days a couple of weeks ago. Now won't be back till fall. They are delightful and SO helpful around the house.

Not much energy tonight. Bathroom is a mess. Thought I was just getting new linoleum put down. Nope! Four layers had to be ripped up and the sub flooring replaced in parts. No toilet on main floor for three days. Had to go down to the basement two or three times a night. Was so afraid of falling. But I went very slowly.

Sorry this is all about me. Will try to read back tomorrow.

Doing pretty well on my woe. Nothing major, but holding my own.

Hoping for a strong couple of months before the cruise. I am about ten pounds away from the cool LL Bean capris and three tops from JJill from last year. I absolutely love that look! I SO want to wear them on the cruise!

K-mom 10x4
  #2007   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 20:23

BF:

KMOM- so glad your back honey
  #2008   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 04:45

BF:

KM, you know got an inspiration piece clothing like Blue does
Sounds like your bathroom reno is a lot more work than thought...but will be done soon and you will love it!

Blue, so great your workload is hopping and you are finding it refreshing to be working again You know that will come and go HAHA

You want me to tell the Pork Chop he was right?
Have you lost your mind?
I think when things hit me later at night I am winding down and I can't 'go back up' into shouty, tense type emotions. My gosh it is late at night and I let alot of things slide at that point

Yea she can cook a few things and she does. But she is mostly lazy. Point blank kid lazy. She is one of those mooshy types. She is not into doing anything taxing in any way...haha...is she in for a rude awakening when life gets real

Jaz you got that tough rain too...ugh. everything is mushy mushy ground to the max. Glad so far it is over a bit...but for how long? who knows. I hope we now go into a very very dry summer. Love when the grass dies and we can shut down some mowing!

Pool, just waiting for super hot. I have to get in soon and vacuum. Water is sparkling and ready to go tho.

Never worry about your salt/brat weight salt leaves the body. It is more important to eat the brats cause that is what you want than to worry about a lb or so from salt, means nothing.

Lori must be getting super excited for her trip!!

Hey all
LOOKS like sun today? Fooled me the other day. Sun came out a bit, nice day and WHAM the skies got black and boom! So will see if this nice sun holds today.

this and that, nothing big today

hop hubby goes mow his mom's place. I need him gone a bit. Kinda stuck together for too many days LOL, need my space again, now!!

other than that rolling easy here

eating up some leftover meatloaf
brunch time food, not sure, maybe lobster? who knows

great day all
  #2009   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 05:01

BF:

Good Morning! I don't have much to add from yesterday afternoon. I had the writing bug going!

Blue- Did I read that correct- 3 THREE THREE NEW Client projects!!! plus working on another project for the "old" client!!!!! Wow- that is flowing MOJO!!!! You go girl! - love it love it! - We will expect details!!!!

On top of all that- you are rolling with a sweet pot on LC. One day at a time- just one TODAY. Let tomorrow take care of itself!

Trig- Ya know- BLUE has a great idea. Teach the kiddo to cook! I BET she would love it. Let her get her artsy with food! Ya never know!
Are you doing any summer plans? I bet you would thrive in a RV. I could totally see that going down!!! Oh ya...... "my RV LIFE"- featuring TRIG and CO. ......HAHAHAH- You know what? That is MY dream. Taking an RV and touring the US- with no agenda for a year. Just the open road and whatever hits my fancy! I am telling you if I ever win the lottery I want to do exactly that!
I could see me rolling up in a RV with sliders. Rolling out a carpet piece and , putting up the shade, pouring a beverage and chilling- oh yea.....bonfires in the evening! Nothing better. And then when it hits me- roll it up and fire up the engines and roll on. It just tickles my gypsy spirit! Sighhhhhhh someday!

How did I go off on that tangent? Morning dreaming- something beside cube life! I would write my book on the RV tour. Writing a book is on my bucket list- typos and all!!!!! HAHAHAHAH= editor!

I think that is why I am sorta digging school. Tons of writing! Just a bit directed. At some point I will be able to pick what I want to study. But not for another year and a half. Then I will hit the wall with the capstone project. Got a year to think on that.

Lori- so where are you in your readiness????? Are you quoting work? Vacay? How long are you going to be gone? What part of Scotland are you going to be? I want to google it. Living vicariously!

Kmom- So you are rearranging your cruise? I get the fact however about a job getting preference! But can't the wife and kids come? Just a question.
I am confused about the couple that came and redid your house. Who are they and why are they redoing your house? Didn't you say they are elderly? You are redoing flooring? OMG what a project!

I pulled up J.Jill yesterday - to browse too!....... You will get into those capris! That is always the thing- CLOTHES!

Nic- Girl you got your hands full. But I second what Blue said. 16 is such a rough time. OMG- think about your life at 16. Such an awkward age. You feel so "grown up"- and the body looks like an adult- but the head, wisdom is not there yet!
But agreed- you are giving hard love and sometimes that is what is needed sometimes.
We got your back! We have been through that. They really do turn out ok!!!
--------------------------------------------------
I am getting bored at work. Yea I said it. It's a sweet gig truth be known. I am not taking the blessing for granted. It keeps the lights on.
Yea the boss IS a piece of work- yea I love the team. The money is good. I don't work weekends, over time, holidays, or in a hospital. I am not exposed to the staffing nightmares most nurses face. I have it good and I know that. So what is my issue?

It is not challenging. I am blowing through my work- and doing school in the afternoons. Maybe I need an outside outlet? I need to quit whining. I have it good, stable, settled, and bored. I don't think we were meant to sit in a cube farm 8 hours a day. Or sit behind a computer for 8 hours a day either.
Maybe the computer!!!!! at a standing desk! I need some physical activity.

Food is really good right now. I have nuts and tuna stashed in my desk with a case of water, and my vinegar. So that is good. I really don't eat at work. Last night was the sausage- awesome! But the sodium hit me! - I said I wasn't going to weigh but I did!

All good- have a great day
  #2010   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 05:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Last shift at work done for the next 2 weeks! YAY!! I got home about 10:15 last night and to bed at 11. Slept well until the cat decided she was hungry at 4:45. Brat!!

Today I have some errands to run & then I get my hair cut/colored this afternoon. DH has a dinner meeting tonight, so no cooking for me. Tomorrow night he said we will go out for dinner, so looks like my vacation is starting early.

I really have to work on some of my packing today. I don't know why I can't just make a decision and get it done! I'll check the weather forecast again and make a final decision. I do need to pack my cosmetics.....which won't take long. Going bare bones this trip. Now that I got the last night of work behind me, it's getting real! I'll be getting in the car at Noon on Thursday and heading for Baltimore. Flight is at 7PM to Iceland. 6 hour flight and then a less than 2 hour layover before a 2 hour flight to Edinburgh. I just hope my flights are on time and uneventful. Keep good thoughts for me please.

Jaz....thanks so much for the pictures you sent. Ava looked so cute. Did you end up kissing the frog? ROFL!

KMom...so glad to see you back. When we decide to remodel our bathroom & kitchen, we will have the same situation you describe. Need new subflooring and who knows what else. It will be so nice when it's finished. Hang in there!

Blue...a busy week for you! YAY! You will have such a sense of accomplishment when it's all complete.

Nic...hope things are settling down with DS. I well remember dealing with our 16 year old daughter...OY....they sure can test your nerves!

Trig...I hear you on needing your space for a bit. Most days I have at least several hours to myself, which is nice. I think everyone needs their alone time now and then.

Well, I'm off to put some bacon in the oven and then I think I'll make myself a couple eggs too. Feeling hungry this morning, as usual. When I run my errands today I have to get some protein bars, trail mix or something to be able to take on the plane with me. I don't like to eat that stuff, but I have to have something go see me thru. I would like to take beef sticks, but I'm not sure I can take them into another country. I know they are funny about bringing some foods across borders. One more thing to worry about!
Closed Thread