Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1906   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-10, 22:36

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Hello Ladies, we all had the flu over Thanksgiving so a meal wasn't even planned or eaten. DD and DGD were to have gone to a friend's place near Orlando. As it turned out, I did spend Thanksgiving with them, just not in the way I would have wanted. Read over the posts--hope things are better for all. N2L
Sponsored Links
  #1907   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-10, 05:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 383.8/345.4/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

I have been having so much trouble with my computer getting on this site so if you don't see me on here it's because I can't get on,have been trying for over one hour and had trouble yesterday.Sunday had a real hard day,wanted to eat everything and anything,I wanted to order out,pizza,pasta,just any carb I could think of,I had such a battle with myself and I was justifying all my reasons why I should,I am disappointed with my loss so far I feel I should of lost much more then I have in because of my size and not cheating....I don't know if it is because of my age or my meds. but it is discouraging!!!!! I didn't order out ,I did eat on plan but it was a day like I haven't had since I started.I feel myself getting weaker,I think alot has to do with the Christmas parties coming and all the goodies around,today we are having a birthday cake for one of my neighbors,I have declined invitations to events because I was afraid to be tempted and want to be able to go and enjoy myself,it seems every get together revolves around food......Geesh!!Car is in the garage getting the brakes fixed,who knows what this is going to cost,another Geesh,lol.Well enough of a rant from me,I get Chase today so I know it will be a good day,hope everyone else has a good day....Glo
  #1908   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-10, 07:55

Plan: none
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 5'7'
BF:
Progress: 35%

N2L sorry you were sick! Hope you're feeling better!

Glo-hang in there! It's harder at our age to lose.

I am thinking of scrapping WW again. I just can't control myself. I'd like to get back to low carb and stick to it! I have to do something....
  #1909   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-10, 08:57

BF:

I have decided that I am through stressing over food during the holidays with the different parties and functions I have to attend,if I eat off plan which I'm sure I will,I will try and watch my portions,until then I will eat on plan and will get right back on and get really strict again after the holidays,on induction again.I have so much to loose,and it's going to take so long anyway,I am not going to fret and complicate things like I always have,it won't be the end of the world(I am such a perfecionist,I want to do everything perfect) soooo what!!!I know what I have to do,I'm a big girl(no pun intended LOL) and I know what I have chosen as my WOL.Pam,I know for me I couldn't do WW because I would always be hungry,it's a great way for alot of people,just not for me.N2L,sorry you were sick,hope it is behind you now!!Everyone have a great day....Glo
  #1910   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-10, 05:20

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I have also tried WW and wasn't successful......one gal said she thought WW had a 'revolving door' which I thought was funny. I haven't been here to post in a while...we have just been really busy.....so much going on for us this month!!! Programs involving two granddaughters.....SS party....Windy's part-time job party dinner.....my cousins' Christmas night......getting ready to having the kids all day 24th.....friend coming from Norfolk, Va early 21st to 30th.....having company in on 28th for our "dinner n Dominoes" night.....NYE with friends out to eat and back here.....at least SIX couples!!!! See, our lives here are crazy!!! Do the best you can here in Dec. and then Jan. will be easier!! (we can only hope)
  #1911   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-10, 07:54

BF:

Yes,lets hope Jan. is better than this month!! Vicki,you make me tired,I don't know how you do it!!!!!!! This time of year is busy for me and it all seems so daunting. I have appt. at the eye Drs. today,last appt. for the rechecks on the cataracts,I get fitted for my eye glasses...he said they will be so weak I will only have to wear if I am driving on a long trip or doing alot of reading.Looks like I am going to have Chase for the weekend....wooohoooo!Have a great day!...Glo
  #1912   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-10, 06:26

BF:

Good Morning Ladies! IT's been a week! One of my vendors took a big payment when they shouldn't have-still don't have it back. Went out to dinner one night. Hubby bit into a chicken wing and his temporary crown (he's had it for 4 years....) fell out. Now he needs $9000+ work done (his teeth have been bad for a long time) We knew that before, but our dentist always wants to do such big chunks that hubby wouldn't go back. Now he's in danger of losing his teeth if he doesn't do it, not to mention they look awful and he's very self conscious. We've put it off too long so it's time.

I'm still eating anything and everything....I just can't settle down!!

Have a great weekend! It's turned cold here.
  #1913   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-10, 08:23

BF:

Good Friday morning everyone!!! It's a sunny 27° here this morning...they are putting the gutters on the older part of our house...I am doing 3 loads of lalundry today. Tonight, we are going an hour west to Ind.Wesleyan Univ. (our son is prof there) for the oldest gr-dau's musical/food!!! Madrigal Program. She is a wonderful singer....check my older posts on FB and you can hear her with her friend sing.....she sings the higher parts......tomorrow noon is the SS lunch, and tomorrow night is my Hubby's work dinner over in Ohio about 45 min. east......PAM, so sorry about the huge teeth bills!! Perhaps the dentist will work with you and do it in small parts......or work out a payment plan of a certain amt. per month.....Glo, have a grand time with that special gr-son!!! Well, I have a BIG day here today...lots to do!!! My hubby wraps ALL the Christmas gifts and they are under the tree----only a few more things to get and we will be done--yeah!!!! I am now going to the chiropractor....supposed to do this exercise 2x day....I get nauseous so can't do it as much as he wants.....lay crossways on the bed and hang my head back over the edge---ugh!!!! I can do it just a wee bit, not all the way over, and then only for about 3 min. so far. Need to go do that for this morning...but it does make me feel nauseous...I hate that!!! 3 cervical vertebreas out of whack I guess.....he will also be working on my lower back--an old injury down there from April 1988!! Oh, getting OLD is such fun, isn't it??? Hahahahah Have a great day and week-end!!! Miss N2L----come back Girlfriend!!! xoxoxo
  #1914   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-10, 16:12

BF:

Hello ladies,I have Chase here this weekend and we are having a great time together,he is so good for me I have absolutly no problem with him,we went to a craft show today and Jeff came frm Albany with his wii system which he is playing on now.Vicki,that exercise I think would make me nauseous too,hanging my head over the bed,you are so lucky your DH does your wrapping for you.Pam,yes too bad about your hubbys teeth,I have so many crowns in my mouth,which I have had for years,not to mention the expense,I'm to the point now if they go I don't want any more pain,I think I will get dentures.I still carry dental insurance though.Well I cheated for a couple of days and I'm just like a drug addict....still cheating,I decided I'm not going to worry about it for now and will get back on 01-10-11.I'll just watch it til then,too much going on now!!......Glo
  #1915   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-10, 08:13

BF:

Pam,so sorry about your dog,you have had her a long time and we love them so much,as long as she isn't suffering,I'm sure you will make her as comfortable as possible.I am trying to watch what I am eating,so I don't put too much on this time of year.I get Chase today so it is a good day!!! hope everyone has a great day....Glo
  #1916   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-10, 06:52

BF:

Hi Everyone! I have been really busy and not taken time to post here.....we shopped all day Tuesday....just a few things yet and will be done! My cousins' Christmas Dinner is tomorrow evening in Lima, OH (just over an hour east of us) & I have a dessert to make. There are 4 of us cousins + nephew's girlfriend, who comes up from Baton Rouge, LA and joins in. Our hubbies do not exchange gifts like we gals do, but everyone brings a $5-10 gift for our Christmas Bingo game. Next year will be my turn once again. The hostess fixes the base of the meal, and the others bring extras. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad--we have some snow on the ground, now, from overnight---plus rain is forecast for tomorrow --- turning to snow late....so hope that holds off until we are all home tucked into our 'widdle' beds. I am going to fix the dessert today....or begin it--a layered lemon---another cousin is bringing choco dessert (I shouldn't even be talking about desserts.....I am hoping to just stay with more healthy stuff, maybe just one spoon of the dessert!!!) I am also thinking that this Christmas Season is a killer to most diets, but I haven't been doing well otherwise either.....ugh ugh ugh
Have a super day everyone.....
  #1917   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-10, 05:59

BF:

I have been extremely busy also and haven't posted,yes this time of year is very difficult to stick to any type of diet....if I hadn't cheated(I have been like a heroin addict eversince)and I really feel the difference health wise.,I felt much better when I was sticking to lc.Christmas party tomorrow night,need to make my cheeseball,going for groceries today.Oh well,I will get back on the first of the year.Light snow last night and bitter cold,no significant snow yet,potential snow this weekend.Have a good day....Gloria
  #1918   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-10, 06:45

BF:

Good Morning ladies. I have been busy, not with Christmas festivities, but gearing up for our busy season at the store-Jan-Mar. We will go to local son's for Christmas Eve and then spend a quiet Christmas day at home. I'm going to attempt WW, I am paying for it. Never started back on LC. Don't seem to have any self-control....

I'm taking my sweet kitty for another x-ray Fri. She doesn't act like she's dying. I just want to be sure she's pooping and that the first x-ray wasn't a fluke.

Have a great day!!
  #1919   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-10, 07:31

BF:

Sorry I haven't been here much.....just very busy with chiropractic appt (M) and hair appt + shopping yesterday.....have so much to do.....friends coming F for supper....friend from Va coming in next T morning early on Amtrak.....Christmas with the kids here all day 24th.....company coming T 28th.....for Dinner n Dominoes.....and 8-10 couples will be here NY EVe...then our family back here on the 1st for our daughter's JAN B-day dinner...so, you see, I have plenty to do. I am thinking of you all....trust you will have a glorious fun blessed happy Christmas......I will be sure to begin again after the 1st....and back on counting my carbs-----I allow myself about 120 or so per day......that is what a dietician & doctor told my friend, and she lost many pounds.....it limits your carbs, but you don't feel quite as deprived. I just need to get back on it and stick to it!!!! Hope WW will work, Pam....maybe when we meet you in March....probably that first full week, we will be bringing nephew & wife to Red Barn.....and we will be out there a couple more times with other guests!!!! we will have lost a few pounds anyway. Just because you are on WW, please!! keep coming here, because we are Buds now and want to stay that way. xooxoxo Merry Christmas to you gals....I WILL BE BACK~!~~
  #1920   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-10, 07:47

BF:

Pam,I thought your sick animal was a dog,but you say kitty,I guess I just misunderstood,anyhow I hope she doesn't suffer. Vicki,you certainly are busy,but I bet you love it or you wouldn't be doing it all,Christmas here will be the family and all the Grandchildren Christmas Eve and a quiet Christmas day with only a few....it is soooooo bitter cold here,the high today will be 21 degrees,I have to go out and am not looking forward to it,this cold goes right through you!!!!Brrrrr.I have a Christmas party tonight,there will be 100 of us,always a good time.Have a good day and stay warm....Glo
Closed Thread