Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 02:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 352/307/165 Female 5'11"
BF:55/45/25
Progress: 24%
Default Anybody Else With 200lbs To Go Losing Weight At A Snail's Pace!!!

Well its gutted from down under tonight!!!

3 weeks in - 2 at Induction and 1 at about 30 carbs.

Originally weighed at Doctors as I dont have a good enough scale at home. Went back to Doctors today certain I had lost weight. Got weighed on a different scale by the nurse who said I was 3lbs heavier.

Not happy so I thought I have got to get me a scale so went and spent my $100 - got it home and yes I am 2lbs heavier than when I started.

So I got out the tape measure that I measured a week ago and no movement on the tape.

DH has lost 10lbs and only has 30 to lose. I didnt cheat on induction and havent cheated this week - although I did jump up 10 carbs.

5 years ago I was on Atkins, 100lbs lighter and lost 30lbs in 2 months or so.

Less active now and didnt have huge expectations but I am pretty dissapointed.

No I didnt exercise and yes I will get on and do it now.

On the bright side my Blood sugar is muy bueno and I dont have to take Losec (priLosec) any more. So I figure I have to just carry on regardless but I'd really like to now if anybody else has had this experience.

Misery loves company
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 03:11

Plan: IF
Stats: 350/235/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:generous
Progress: 57%

I am not really currently going at a snail's pace, but I've had that problem in the past. Have you had people look over your menus? Maybe 30 carbs at this point in your journey is too high until you get more weight off.

Keep with it though. Your health is obviously improving. That in itself is enough to give you a huge round of applause.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 06:30

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

I don't really have any answers for what might be happening with you.

I just want to offer some ecouragement. You have made changes and it shows in your meds. So keep at it.
You'll get there in your own time.

Enjoy your journey.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 07:08

Stats: 189/182/130 Female 67inches
BF:start 33% goal 20%
Progress: 12%

I've been on Atkins almost five weeks now and have wanted to quit EVERY DAY for the past three weeks!!! But I didn't (thank god!!) In the 1st week I lost 7lb and I've been loosing and gaining 2lb a week the past 4 weeks. All I can say to you is to stick at it. I'm in a size smaller pants and I feel much better inside!! I thought I'd look like Victoria Beckham by now but I guess I was expecting to much to soon!!!!!!!!!! If I can stick this (even though I'm not really loosing weight) then so can you and it will be so worth it in the end!!! Best of luck!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 08:22
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I exercise for over an hour a night (while watching tv, so it's no thing), and it has really made the difference for me.

Definitely get those slow-twitch muscles moving!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 12:33

Stats: 311/240/199 Female 5'4"
BF:Fat ALL my life
Progress: 63%

I'm 11 weeks in and only 16 pounds down.....Some people who have to lose as much as me do that in the first week... But I'm also a diabetic and it has helped me control my glucose readings. So I'm sticking to it....Slow but sure still finishes the race.

I would suggest putting all your menus into Fitday.com maybe you are going over on your carbs a little. It will at least help you see whats going on in your diet.

Hope this helps.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 21:07

Well I kind of had some good news!!! I was up all night going to the loo and felt moody and miserable this morning.

Had a sneaking suspicion that Hormones were up to something so weighed myself before breakfast and 5 and 1/2 lbs were gone. So I now think that I was retaining water and that I may have actually lost a few pounds. I will weigh again next week and see.

I am sure my ankles are slimmer!!!!

I will check out Fitday (didnt know about it) as I have this week discovered hidden carbs in a couple of things. (All the bacon here has sugar in it and 4 rashers = 1 carb etc)

I will drag the treadmill out and get it put up and even if I start with 10 minutes - its a beginning.

And yes - I have a lifetime of locarbing ahead (either that or I'm struggling with Diabetes) so I figure I have 40 years to get the weight off!! So worse case scenario - thats 5lbs a year
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 03:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKaha
Well I kind of had some good news!!! I was up all night going to the loo and felt moody and miserable this morning.

Had a sneaking suspicion that Hormones were up to something so weighed myself before breakfast and 5 and 1/2 lbs were gone. So I now think that I was retaining water and that I may have actually lost a few pounds. I will weigh again next week and see.

I am sure my ankles are slimmer!!!!

I will check out Fitday (didnt know about it) as I have this week discovered hidden carbs in a couple of things. (All the bacon here has sugar in it and 4 rashers = 1 carb etc)

I will drag the treadmill out and get it put up and even if I start with 10 minutes - its a beginning.

And yes - I have a lifetime of locarbing ahead (either that or I'm struggling with Diabetes) so I figure I have 40 years to get the weight off!! So worse case scenario - thats 5lbs a year

Huge contrats on the loss. We have the same problem with bacon in the UK. It's really hard to find it without sugar. Even harder to find it without sugar and all the bad little nitrates. I've bought some fresh rashers and seasoned them myself, but I am going to try a farmer's market or Whole Foods for totally free stuff. As for the fresh rashers, I am going to try to contact a butcher about getting them sliced thinner or even finding fresh streaky bacon. But you have my sympathies. Can you get rusk free/wheat free/ sugar free sausage easily in NZ? I have a huge problem with that here.

You have a great attitude. I wish you the best.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 04:48

Plain sausage meat, nitrate free Bacon - whats that? Ha, Ha!

They can get it in Australia (sausage meat without sawdust!).
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 05:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction 4eva
Stats: 393.8/290.4/198.0 Female 6' 1"
BF:Not today thanks
Progress: 53%

I also lost a lot of weight on Atikins about 5 years ago - I lost it fairly easily and fast! I've been back on now for 3 months (except for a small christmas break) and it's not going nearly as fast even though I exercise 5 x per week (weights) --- but!!! I am a size smaller and I feel absolutely fabulous - this is the only way for me. Don't worry about what the scale says, there are too many factors which influence the numbers!

Congrats on the loss! Keep going and enjoy!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 04:24

I figured it out I think - I did the fitday thing and discovered that I probably did induction at 24C and am doing OWL at closer to 36 than 30C. It is all the little carbs in things like cream and cheese, pate etc which I hadnt counted. Drinks are where a lot of it ends up.

I have sent off for some Da Vinci syrups so I can add some to coffee and get off the cream. Also some to put in the occassional glass of diet soda. Drinking water all day gets really boring and I end up having 3 and 4 coffees a day rather than 1.

Does anybody other than Netrtion sell Da Vinci syrups that post outside the US? Netrition charges US$15 for delivery on each bottle. I was horrified but didnt have much choice.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 04:30

I am not sure about internet orders, but you can sometimes get them directly from coffee shops. You could call around to see if they might even ship them to you.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 08:06

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Was just popping to see how you are doing.

Glad to hear you lost more water. That has to feel better too.

Good Luck with finding an outlet for the syrups. I love using them.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-08, 00:35

Smile

Thank you all for getting me to check my actual Carbs!

All through this week I have found hidden carbs everywhere (some smoked salmon is 3C per serving, some is 0, I didnt realise eggs were 1C each etc) and have been getting my daily intake down to about 24 - 28C a day. Weighed myself this week after the dissapointment of the preceding 2 or 3? weeks and I have lost 5lbs!!!

And I guiltily admit I havent yet got that treadmill out but I will do soon.

So thank you all for the sound advice, it has made a big difference and I am finding that now with such great blood sugar control I am never hungry to the extent that I have to force myself to eat midday!!

Thanks again for the support!

Last edited by KiaKaha : Tue, Feb-12-08 at 00:37. Reason: mistake
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-08, 03:19

I am glad it's helped. You're doing great.