Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 05:12

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default It's all a matter of being deprogrammed

It's been exactly 14 days since I got my act together and started doing something about my weekly rapid weight gain.

I'm very happy to say that in this limited period of time I've lost 11 pounds of weight, most of which will undoubtedly be water. But what the heck, I don't have to carry this weight around and it's no longer blowing my up anymore.

I faithfully drink my 8 glasses of tapwater and a couple of cups of back coffee a day and have tea of pure peppermint leaves (so without tannic acid/caffeine).

The only fat I have is 2 tablesppons of olive oil (the virginal first pressing) a day. I've substituted meat and chicken by soja"meat", because after the first 10 days I couldn't bear the site and smell of meat/chicken anymore. That was the reason why I quit the SB Diet the previous time, so this time I made sure that wouldn't happen again and took care of an effective vegetarian substitute.

My huge belly (like I was 8 months pregnant) has disappeared, my legs and knees don't feel old and swolen anymore and because I eat enough, I feel quite energetic.

In the morning I start with 2 glasses of tapwater and one black coffee (Senseo), after which I have a varied Greek salad with 2 boiled eggs. The coffee gives me an enormous boost as if I could conquer the world so after breakfast I'm totally fine.

The in between meals consist of low fat "kwark", which is a kind of curd, being the residue of cheese making. It contains hardly any fat and is very rich in proteine. With that some vegetables, like cucumber and tomatoes, which are ready available when I'm on the road.

For dinner I have a huge and tasty salad with lettuces, tomatoes, cucumber as basic elements. I have bought broccoli and beans but the warm weather makes me want fresh salads in stead.

In the evening is when I fight my true battle of getting myself deprogrammed: after dinner when the "wanting to cheat" demons want to take over all my efforts and good resolutions. That's where the peppermint tea comes to my rescue and makes the safe bridge from dinner to the moment I go to sleep.

It's all a matter of being deprogrammed!

I've never eaten nor drunk anything in my car nor in my bed in order to never associate those places with food or drinks. It is therefore stunning to see that when I can hardly control myself at night, wanting to eat the entire European sugar industry at one go, this urge totally and immediately disappears the moment I get into the car or when I go to bed.

There I have the same brain, the same stomach, the same metabolism but the agony I just went through is gone. Totally gone without exception. But when i lie down on the couch, it's all still there...

Being deprogrammed, those are the keywords for me. I hope the peppermint tea will keep on being a reliable substitute to fall back on in times of sheer agony.

How about you all? Do you reckognize elements of what I'm saying?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 05:22
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

i hear you on the deprogramming..

it took me years after the Fat Free craze to realize that little to no fat would make me sick and could have horrible lasting effects.
that took a lot of de programming.

to think that i don't need fruit and vegetables to sustain a high quality of life was one of the hardest to de program from.

now, finding out that all the human body requires is fat and protein was life changing for me.
how could anyone think that eating low fat, being a vegetarian, or even limiting the daily fat could actually harm the human body... that was the hardest for me to deprogram from..

for the first time in 40+ yrs i finally get it!
good subject thread... deprogramming from deadly mistakes the media is telling us to do...

i lost 8 pounds in 16 days just by following the proper diet.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 19:06

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 216.2/207.6/135 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I think I am still deprogramming myself now....We eat at the table only, but I used to have a nasty habbit of eating garbage foods in my car. I don't do that anymore. I am only 14 days in right now, so I think I need more time.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 05:18

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

Sounds very good!

PilotGal, congratulations with the loss of 8 lbs!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-16-09, 13:30

Plan: Carnivorous / WAPF
Stats: 168/152/145 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliz
after dinner when the "wanting to cheat" demons want to take over all my efforts .... It is therefore stunning to see that when I can hardly control myself at night, wanting to eat the entire European sugar industry at one go...

this isn't exactly making me want to adopt your vegetarian high-carb diet.

It is why so many here have abandoned this carb-based nonsense and started eating animal foods and especially animal fats like we are built to consume.