Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 19:22

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 194/194/165 Female 5 feet 12 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Weight gain expected?

Hello, Just waiting for my book #1 to arrive so I can start reading about this wol. I am very interested in looking for something that will not restict me on certain foods, but yet at the same time, I do want to lose about 30 pounds to feel good about myself. I was wondering if there is any truth to what I have been reading that you will gain weight on this plan before I lose? Can someone give me a lowdown on this? I tried atkins with no success other than feeling really lousy by day 8, and Suzanne Somers plan is okay, but really crazy on the restrictions, I feel this might be something for me. Any input before my book comes would be great.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 10:08
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi cutieshirl :

Try looking through the sticky at the top of the forum. It will give you lots of information. It explains the differences between book 1 and 2. And yes, if your hormones are unbalanced, it's quite possible that you will gain weight until they heal. If you begin gaining weight, you can reduce your saturated fat intake, something she addresses in book #2, not book #1.

Book #2 addresses fitness, stressing the balance of cardio and weight training. I'd highly recommend that you start lifting weights if you haven't already. This is a sure fire way to increase your metabolism. Weight-lifting is anabolic, which is healthy for you and your hormones.

Just remember, you aren't adding carbs on top of an Atkins high-fat plan. I made this mistake when I started and gained weight. This is a moderate carbs, moderate fat and moderate protein healing program. When you add carbs, you naturally decrease saturated fat.

Good luck and welcome!

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Sun, Oct-12-03 at 13:37.