Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 16:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Netscape errors

I used to be able to press on netscape errors when I was not recieving the pictues (host images) and it would send me to a simple press here. Now I am sent to get an up grade to 6. Which would be fine I have it but I can't get the newer version to use my old address for mail so I've been using the old form for my low carb stuff. Help.
My lack of computer knowledge is showing again.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 16:24
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Jo-Ann,

I had to remove that link, since my attempts to be compatible with older Netscape browser, have cause more errors to none Netscape browsers.

You should not worry about email. You can use the old Netscape for email, and the new one for browsing, if you want to.

You can install Netscape 6 in it's own directory (Tell it a different name like NS6) and it will install beside (not over) your old Netscape.

I currently have 6 Netscape browsers (and countless others )on my PC with no problems (for testing)

4.6, 4.7 and 6.2.1 on Windows 98
4.6, 6.0.1 and 0.9.6 on Linux

You'll be very impressed with how fast NS6 is compared to 4.x

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 06:24

BF:
Unhappy Still need a little more help

I liked being able to get my mail and then click directly to the site. Now I have to go to the old Netscape for subscribed thread information and then go to the New Netscape to view it.
The problem is I don't know how to set up my mail to go to the new netscape.
I'm really embarrassed to admit I am so out of my league when it comes to computers, but everyone has been so helpful here I'm sure someone might be able to help me.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
P.S. You're right the loading of the page is faster, which is good for me because I'm on dialup. I promise I''m slowly coming out of the dark ages, I don't subscribe to cabel yet though.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:51
Forum Founder

No problem Jo-Ann, we can help you. First, congrats on the upgrade, and glad you found it faster

Now, there's 2 ways I think to make it easier so you don't need to use both browsers at the same time. One way is to make NS6 the default browser, and the other is to migrate your email to the new browser.

I recommend migrating your email, do you want to go through that? I'll write down the steps to back up (in case you want to go back to the old email) and upgrade. Wanto to try it?

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 14:47

BF:
Default yes please.

I am willing to do anything you are willing to suggest. This bird is ready to migrate.
You're the first person in my life that said congradulations on an upgrade. I find I'm willing to take more chances now that I have better control over my eating.
Take it slow Wa'il. Please
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 22:54
Forum Founder

Hi Jo-Ann,

Didn't forget about you

First, I think the Netscape problem is fixed, so I may removed the upgrade link shortly.

However, since you already have the latest, here are a few steps to upgrade you Netscape email account as well.

Netscape should have imported your email settings. Click on the email icon and check if they have been imported. Try the "Get messages" function to see if it works.

If this doesn't work, the import may not have worked properly. Click Edit/Preference from each version of Netscape and click the email and newsgroups setting.

Simply copy the information/setting from the old 4.7 to the corresponsing field in the 6.2

Hope this help.

Wa'il