Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1681   ^
Old Thu, May-18-17, 14:15

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,
How is everyone doing today?

Karen.... so sorry to here you had to pay so much in truck repairs! That stinks but way to go on staying on plan.
DSIL dad just had a stress test and his main artery 85% blocked. They admitted him going to do angioplasty on Monday. So DD and hubby heading up there on Sunday. Kids will stay with me since still in schools. Oh boy this will be crazy especially with the little one.
Have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #1682   ^
Old Fri, May-19-17, 05:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Friday, 19 May 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Crazy busy at work getting things off the "end of year" to-do list... Working on school-related computer stuff the last couple of mornings before school which equals no time to come post in here...

Hard to believe I only have 1 week (5 Days) of school left after today!

Seems early to be out of school, but our district always has let out before Memorial day... only means we start school earlier too...

Back to school on 7 August with mind-numbing in-service days for an entire week... Hey, they pay me to be there, so I can't complain one iota!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“You can eat a lot or a little and still lose weight without a moment’s hunger as long as you cut carbohydrates down low enough.”
~ Dr. Atkins A '72 pg 40

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo.... great to see you! Luv the inspirational message!
Thanks! I've decided to start quoting Dr. A b/c I've run out of my usual quotes...but he does say some very valuable things that are worth repeating, JMO!
Quote:
DSIL dad just had a stress test and his main artery 85% blocked. They admitted him going to do angioplasty on Monday. So DD and hubby heading up there on Sunday. Kids will stay with me since still in schools. Oh boy this will be crazy especially with the little one.
I'll keep your DSIL's dad in my prayers and thoughts...

Wow, you're gonna have your hands full this weekend! I hope your DD realizes how lucky she is that you are available to take care of the grands... I know you'll be über busy...hope you find time to take care of you TOO, my dear friend!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
trip crazy

$1,100 in truck repairs

what a long couple of days here but fun and pain at the same time, I know ya'll know these kinds of days
Welcome BACK, girlie!

Wow, sorry to hear about the expensive truck repair, but crap happens at the most unpredictable times!

Hope you still had a great time at the beach despite the truck issues!
Quote:
have a crapload of stuff to do....no chat time, will be off a few more days to take care of life here.
Hope you get everything squared away so that you can post with us here!
Quote:
thank goodness I brought TONS of my food on this trip or if I didn't have it available I swear I would have eaten off plan but I made sure I had my choices available and at all times a warrior makes the right choice!! THAT IS WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR BECOMING A WARRIOR!

just alive and good and on plan and feeling great, just life is trying to slap me down right now HAHA
Woot! Woot! WTG, Karen! You're ROCKIN' this!

De: I know you're still on your vaca in the PNW! Hope you're having fun and finding that perfect area for your upcoming move and DH's retirement!

We miss you in here!
  #1683   ^
Old Fri, May-19-17, 08:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast 2 sec post

and I GET THIS FROM THE TEACHER TODAY A BIT AGO:

We are collecting items to give students prior to taking the EOGs. We will have 3 days of testing so I need items for all 3 days. Please let me know if you can send in any of the following items below. I will also be getting some fruit as well.

I am in need of the following:

juice boxes/Capri Suns--we have 22 students
Jumbo Rice Krispies
Little Debbie Oatmeal cakes
Cereal Bars or Pop Tarts

I AM LIVID ON THIS EMAIL...........OMG I AM ZC FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE----I WANNA GO THRU THE ROOF!

My kid will be eating smoked sausage or link sausage and scrambled eggs on those days before!

sorry but when I SEE THIS I wanna scream so loud I am beside myself

ok off to get crap done but I had to 'tell someone' and you guys KNOW!!!! You guys get my anger and all this

hope everyone is well...off I go to get life handled!

JO you are in school all the time and must see this all the time omg how do we change people? the world? the situations? I guess we can't so we best change ourselves one by one and hope all see

ugh
  #1684   ^
Old Fri, May-19-17, 15:57

BF:

Hello warriors,

Quick post crazy day and we have a rainy cold day with wind chill of 35.

Karen.... Crazy when you see that stuff at schools. When they ask for treats for the parties we only send those cheese sticks or yogurt. Yogurt ain't the best but better than the sugary crap.

Jo... luv that quote from Dr A. We can eat a lot of food as long as it is not carbs. I have to watch my portions but still a lot more than when I ate carbs.
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #1685   ^
Old Fri, May-19-17, 19:20

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.8/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Good day today. Staying on plan, eating all the right stuff. I joined a gym for 2 weeks while here, and hired a trainer as well for 6 sessions. Now that I've lost so much of that dang excess fat, now I'm ready to learn some new gym routines to firm up better. Also a NSV victory today....a summer dress I bought at least a year ago, and which "almost" fit then but was too tight to comfortably wear last year (I was hoping to get into it soon when I got it), it now fits perfectly and is almost loose! Yaay!
  #1686   ^
Old Sat, May-20-17, 04:49

BF:

thanks Bernie, great idea. yogurt and cheese sticks is way better than what is listed!!!

it just hit me SO wrong seeing that sugar list

HI ALL
nothing much to report
busy as a nutjob here have so much to get done. just seems all right on top of me but working on getting it all handled and done to where I am caught up!!

Congrats on that dress Carole! LC works so well, we stick to it and get great results!!

everyone have a fab day
  #1687   ^
Old Sat, May-20-17, 06:01

BF:

Hello warriors,

Carole: awesome job on getting to the gym and having a trainer whilst on vacation! It will be so much fun working out, enjoying all the beautiful sites and activities in Hawaii and eating on plan on top of that! Life doesn't get much better!

Karen... sorry to hear still crazy busy after trip. Isn't that always the way. Nothing gets done when we leave!

De... hope you are having a fabulous vacation!
Hello dear jo how was the school outing?
Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
  #1688   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 08:08
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Sunday, 21 May 2017

Happy day, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

My ISP decided to do a total upgrade of their equipment yesterday (between midnight and 6 am). So I didn't get a chance to get on like I normally do in the wee hours to come post in here...

Yeeeeeeeeha! Only 5 days of school before my 72 days off for summer break! I can't believe how quickly it went by this year...

“...if you CHEAT, if you start loading in carbohydrates, suddenly you’re starved. You hate yourself but you can’t stop eating. The pounds and bumps and bulges pile back. Up goes your weight, down goes your energy.”
~ Dr. Atkins A '72 pg 34

Karen:
Quote:
and I GET THIS FROM THE TEACHER TODAY A BIT AGO:

We are collecting items to give students prior to taking the EOGs. We will have 3 days of testing so I need items for all 3 days. Please let me know if you can send in any of the following items below. I will also be getting some fruit as well.

I am in need of the following:

juice boxes/Capri Suns--we have 22 students
Jumbo Rice Krispies
Little Debbie Oatmeal cakes
Cereal Bars or Pop Tarts

I AM LIVID ON THIS EMAIL...........OMG I AM ZC FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE----I WANNA GO THRU THE ROOF!

My kid will be eating smoked sausage or link sausage and scrambled eggs on those days before!

sorry but when I SEE THIS I wanna scream so loud I am beside myself

ok off to get crap done but I had to 'tell someone' and you guys KNOW!!!! You guys get my anger and all this
I do understand your outrage!

Hey we feed our students crap here too!

Our district is on the federal free-breakfast program... so our kiddos can eat breakfast for free here no matter their socio-economic status... So lots of our students get breakfast twice, the one they eat at home and the one at school.

School's breakfast is a CARB-AGE smorgasbord... remember CARBs are cheap and most don't require refrigeration! Since this program is federally funded, this is where our tax $$$ go to help grain farmers etc... that's JMO!
Quote:
JO you are in school all the time and must see this all the time omg how do we change people? the world? the situations? I guess we can't so we best change ourselves one by one and hope all see
Nothing we CAN do about it, Karen! Not with our government's SAD requirements plus the fact that Big Pharma, Health Care professionals and Big Food producers make billions of $$$$ each year off of us getting sicker and sicker eating all that CARB-age crap... We need a paradigm shift in all those areas, but it ain't gonna happen any time soon since our government is ran by those 3 big groups of peeps who are only in it for the profits, the HELL with people's health!

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now!
Quote:
busy as a nutjob here have so much to get done. just seems all right on top of me but working on getting it all handled and done to where I am caught up!!
Sounds like you need another vacation, girlie!

Berni:
Quote:
Quick post crazy day and we have a rainy cold day with wind chill of 35.
YUCK! Sorry your weather is crazy!
Quote:
Jo... luv that quote from Dr A. We can eat a lot of food as long as it is not carbs. I have to watch my portions but still a lot more than when I ate carbs.
Yeppers, Imma the same way, Berni! I gotta have portion control even with perfectly OP foods, but it SURE does beat the alternative when I wasn't LCing = weighing 265 lbs or more, in my case!
Quote:
dear jo how was the school outing?
Weather was dicey, not really hot (mid 70s) but the wind would whip up every once in a while. We did stay out longer than we've ever done in the 17 years I've been going out there with the school... got to school with 10 mins to spare before the dismissal bell rang! No time for the kiddos to be 'bored' etc... PERFECT!

Carole:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
Good day today. Staying on plan, eating all the right stuff. I joined a gym for 2 weeks while here, and hired a trainer as well for 6 sessions. Now that I've lost so much of that dang excess fat, now I'm ready to learn some new gym routines to firm up better.
2 x WTG with staying totally OP plus hiring a personal trainer!

You'll have to share what you learn with us!
Quote:
Also a NSV victory today....a summer dress I bought at least a year ago, and which "almost" fit then but was too tight to comfortably wear last year (I was hoping to get into it soon when I got it), it now fits perfectly and is almost loose! Yaay!
Wow, I those kinds of NSV! Nothing better for the self-esteem then fitting into something that didn't fit before! Woot! Woot! WTG!
  #1689   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 11:03

BF:

Hello warriors,

Happy Sunday everyone!

Just getting ready to head over and pick up grandkiddies till Thursday! I will be trying to work an earlier shift so I can get the older ones to school!
I feel very calm and just going to go inch by inch.
Luv this wol in the past I be stressed and having carb cravings! Not this time may eat more but I will be on plan!
Have a super Sunday and take care of yourself!
  #1690   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 04:27
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 22 May 2017

Sneakin' in to get the ball rollin' on our HC A '72 thread this am:

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Maintenance Update: 3 years, 2 months, 3 weeks and counting... Wt this am = 116 lbs.

Nothing I can do about the fluctuating weight... it is what it is!

“What people fail to realize is that while protein and fat have satiety value, carbohydrates actually PROVOKE HUNGER by stimulating the insulin release that sends the blood sugar plummeting down.”
~ Dr. Atkins A '72 pg 32

Berni:
Quote:
Just getting ready to head over and pick up grandkiddies till Thursday! I will be trying to work an earlier shift so I can get the older ones to school!
Wow, I had no idea that you were watching 'em til Thursday.
Quote:
I feel very calm and just going to go inch by inch.
Inch by inch is the way to go!

Wish I was there to lend you a hand...
Quote:
Luv this wol in the past I be stressed and having carb cravings! Not this time may eat more but I will be on plan!
That's AWESOME that you've already come up with a plan IF the stress gets too much and increases carb-age cravings! You've GOT THIS as always!
  #1691   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 05:12

BF:

JO your soapbox rant was good I realize it is not a game one can win. We can only win individually and hopefully by showing thru example!

yes carbage is cheap....for how long tho is what gets me. The doctor bills are starting to rack up at earlier ages now!! The young ones are feeling the bad of it all sooner and sooner! UGH but you are right, only when one need big change can they find this path and make it work for them.....when ya rely on others in your 'food menu' it can be horrible! I get ya!!

Bernie I so agree with you! I am 'a different mind set' and have dropped alot of 'eating feelings' I used to have. This way of eating is a life saver, no doubt about that!!! Good luck with the kiddies!! And if ya eat a bit more of the good lc food, then you are fine as we all know

Is DE still gone and having fun?

HI ALL
just so busy
today is open pool between rain drops. like 4 days of rain around and gonna drive me nuts but little sunny now so gonna drag hubby outside and I can get the pool happening.

have a bit more RV to unload

have other work I gotta get done as usual

staying on plan and doing fine. today I am eating some burgers for lunch and I think a nice sirloin steak for dinner on the grill tonight. Yum

fab day all!!
  #1692   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 19:43

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.8/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Hi y'all, greetings from sunny Hawaii. Boy oh boy, the locals sure do eat a lot of carbage, major carbage. It's everywhere. Lots of fried stuff with breading. Lots and lots of sugar. Ay Yai Yai. It's very difficult to eat out around here, so we aren't dong that so much. You can find great fish and veggies, but not so much beef. Spam is very very popular, but who wants to eat that? It became a Hawaiian staple back during World War 2, apparently. Meat in a can that keeps forever. Fry it up in butter! It's on all the breakfast menus....eggs and Spam! You can find ball caps with "Spam" on them, and other popular goodies with the Spam logo. And in the stores there are multiple varieties of Spam that you would not believe. Spam with pineapple, for example. I'll have to take a photo of it all. Dozens of cans of Spam lined up on the grocery shelves as far as the eye can see. And big CASES of Spam at the local Costco. But it's not for me...it's carb laden and besides that, I don't like it. I actually remember my mom cooking Spam when I was a kid, and I didn't like it then, either. I'm sticking to my bacon and eggs breakfast, although the bacon is expensive.
  #1693   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 03:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific Tuesday in every single way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“This diet is deliberately UNBALANCED to counteract the metabolic imbalance that causes people to get FAT in the first place.”
~ Dr. Atkins A '72 pg 2

Karen:
Quote:
JO your soapbox rant was good I realize it is not a game one can win. We can only win individually and hopefully by showing thru example!
Exactly! The MORE of us that are successful at losing weight + keeping it off and IMPROVING our health doing our incredible LC WOE will eventually (hopefully) start swaying those around us that we've truly HIT on something world changing...

Heck Dr. A didn't call it a Diet Revolution for nothing, eh???
Quote:
yes carbage is cheap....for how long tho is what gets me. The doctor bills are starting to rack up at earlier ages now!! The young ones are feeling the bad of it all sooner and sooner!
But that's the POINT, Karen... to keep us "pill poppin" earlier and earlier and to continue to pop those pills well into our old age! At least that's my theory! That's the only way Big Pharam, the medical professionals and Big Food Producers make all their $$$!
Quote:
UGH but you are right, only when one need big change can they find this path and make it work for them.....when ya rely on others in your 'food menu' it can be horrible! I get ya!!
Quote:
This way of eating is a life saver, no doubt about that!!!
PREACH it, sista Karen!
Quote:
just so busy
today is open pool between rain drops. like 4 days of rain around and gonna drive me nuts but little sunny now so gonna drag hubby outside and I can get the pool happening.

have a bit more RV to unload

have other work I gotta get done as usual
Busy keeps you out of trouble, girlie!

I do envy you your pool... not all the work that it takes to maintain it and all that jazz...

Carole:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
Hi y'all, greetings from sunny Hawaii. Boy oh boy, the locals sure do eat a lot of carbage, major carbage. It's everywhere. Lots of fried stuff with breading. Lots and lots of sugar. Ay Yai Yai.
Sounds like Hawaii is keeping up with the rest of the world as far as sugar and major carb-age... gotta give the tourists what they want eh???
Quote:
It's very difficult to eat out around here, so we aren't dong that so much. You can find great fish and veggies, but not so much beef.
Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties eating out... but at least they have great fish and veggies!
Quote:
Spam is very very popular, but who wants to eat that? It became a Hawaiian staple back during World War 2, apparently. Meat in a can that keeps forever. Fry it up in butter! It's on all the breakfast menus....eggs and Spam! You can find ball caps with "Spam" on them, and other popular goodies with the Spam logo. And in the stores there are multiple varieties of Spam that you would not believe. Spam with pineapple, for example. I'll have to take a photo of it all. Dozens of cans of Spam lined up on the grocery shelves as far as the eye can see. And big CASES of Spam at the local Costco. But it's not for me...it's carb laden and besides that, I don't like it. I actually remember my mom cooking Spam when I was a kid, and I didn't like it then, either. I'm sticking to my bacon and eggs breakfast, although the bacon is expensive.
at all the varieties of SPAM! I have never eaten spam in my entire life... sounds totally nasty...

I can't WAIT to see the pictures of the variety of SPAM available there! For reals!

De: When you coming back??? I thought you'd be back by now... I know you're having a lovely time on your PNW vaca!

Berni: I know you've got your hands full with the 3 grands until Thursday! Sending you lots and lots of patience and strength!

I know Friday can't get here soon enough for you! Same here but for totally different reasons!
  #1694   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 04:07

BF:

I agree JO big pharma wants us buying those pills all the time and want us addicted to treating symptoms from bad eating with that pill! How else they gonna get billions of our dollars? HAHA Sad isn't it!!!

I was truly amazed as I went down that carb ladder how much better I feel. I mean 'truly FEEL' in my body. I love that about very low carb. You just 'feel' in a different way. A healthy way vs. the sluggy tired foggy feeling when stuffed like a turkey with carby crap!

Yea the pool is a pain while getting it ready but OH SO worth it in the end LOL

Carole, omg you had me laughing about ALL the spam!! Yes I would spend a small fortune on bacon also instead of that. Mom and Dad loved that stuff, and us kids did not I hear ya on that crazy spam can!

HI ALL
nothing major today

dragging hubby along running here and there. rainy as usual, like 3 more days of this!! BOO!

decided on breakfast out. not lunch, I can control breakfast SO MUCH easier and simpler. bacon cheese omelet and done

new pool ladder came, hopefully hubby can get it put together today for me between rain drops. Have to take old ladder to landfill dump today.

usual run here and there everyone have a fine day!!!
  #1695   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 11:31

BF:

Hello warriors,

Have all grandkiddies and they all sick.

Was starving yesterday and horrible headache ate some more protein and I felt much better.

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday and warriors take care of yourself!
Closed Thread