Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-16, 22:08

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%
Smile New Parsnip Chips at Trader Joe's

Recommend -- they are very low carb and taste a lot like sweet potato chips. Crispy, salty, and slightly sweet. Wish I'd picked up a couple more bags since I have to travel 3 hours to my closest TJ's. Also picked up the frozen cauliflower rice while there, and loads of other stuff, of course.

Between the Whisps at Costco and the Parsnip Chips at TJ's, there are plenty of snacking alternatives. And not too expensive when you mostly IF and snacking is rare.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 05:28

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hi Kat, did you see this thread? http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=452984

Other shopping lists to help you make the most of your next TJ run. (THREE HOURS!! Yikes) I mentioned the parsnip chips there but found the minute you open the bag they seem to lose their crunch, or never had much to start with. However, the Whisps stay super crisp for weeks..so long I'm beginning to wonder what is in them but great to have both when you need snacks. Add a can of macadamia nuts and large hunk of English coastal cheddar from Costco, I'm happy.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Jul-17-16 at 12:44.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 07:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Yep Janet, Kat and I live about an hour away from each other and our closet Trader Joe's are 3 or 3.5 hours away... hence the reason I've never been to one! There are several in Albuquerque and one or two in Santa Fe as far as I know...
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 08:05

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Yep Janet, Kat and I live about an hour away from each other and our closet Trader Joe's are 3 or 3.5 hours away... hence the reason I've never been to one! There are several in Albuquerque and one or two in Santa Fe as far as I know...
Overnight trip Jo!! I wish I could go with you. We don't even have them in Canada. We have a Pirate Joe's in Vancouver but they're an unauthorized, unaffiliated (were sued won) reseller of Trader Joe's products in Canada. Next time I'm there I'll check it out.

Kat, the parsnip chips sounds delicious !!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 09:43

Plan: south beach
Stats: 224/168/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I read on another forum that the stats on these chips are wrong. They used the NI for raw parsnips rather than cooked/fried. My experience was that they were extremely delicious and addictive, which lends credence to this misstatement of carb content.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 22:22

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

I thought these were brand new since I didn't see them the last time I went to TJ's -- hence why I created a new thread. But since I only get there every few months, I guess my news is old

Anyway, these days I eat so few snacks (maybe once or twice a week?) that I don't worry about a carb or two (but if they are significantly higher, I would be upset). I got a treat this evening from my husband with the parsnip chips toasted with red chile powder and Himalayan salt, served with some great guacamole. Wow -- now that's a snack!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 03:00

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

No problem, if it didn't have its own thread would we might not have heard about the questionable stats. I read about parsnip chips on a paleo forum about 6 months before they made it to our store. Some items may never go into all stores since the manager has flexibility due to limited shelf space in a typical TJ, or a product is not supplied to a regional warehouse. There are differences even among the stores in our area, e.g. more frozen prepared meals and snacks for lunch boxes vs less produce.