Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 10:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

While the medical model has a loooong way to go in terms of properly teaching diabetics and all folks how to eat properly, I'm beginning to see more understanding out there in the general public for LCHF. My boss keeps telling me she needs to start this woe as she knows low-carb is the only way. I love telling people you don't eat MORE protein, you just eat less crap-carbs. They give you that dazed look, like "darn, you mean I can't discount that woe with a lie?" Cute little buggers.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 11:57

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
I am not a gardener, and when I tried it, I failed miserably so I have a few questions. When I see the plants on the nursery shelves in the early spring or fall, they are never anything like leafy greens. Do they grow in hot climates? Where are you located? I am in Houston, TX. Other places get hot in the daytime but the climates that most challenge the more delicate plants (edible AND ornamental) remain hot at night. That's us.

Ann, Start small with something like this. I have one similar to it and it's great for all of my herbs and on top you could place a lettuce and snip leaves daily.
http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-RZJ...ywords=planters
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 14:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/143/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Greekribs- the other day I was chatting with a coworker about my WOE and she said, "Oh yeah, I did Atkins once and lost a ton, but it doesn't work because the minute you go off of it, you will gain it all back and more!"

I was thinking, well, yeah... I mean I don't know of a single "diet" that you only have to do once and the weight will stay off forever. That would be magical!

Sadly too many people don't understand that it has to be a lifestyle change. If you go back to eating the way you did when you gained weight to begin with, you will inevitably get the same result.
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 18:32

Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue.

I'd ask, innocently, "Did you go back to eating the way you'd eaten before you ate low carb?"

And, of course, the answer would be "Yes."

Then I'd ask, "And is that how you gained the weight in the first place""

..."Yes."

Then I'd just say "Hmmmmm."
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 18:35

BF:

MickiSue, in my head, I did!
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 20:17

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I had my annual doctor visit last Friday. My BMI is not in the normal range (and may never be), but for the first time in 29 years I was not obese. Of course my doctor was very happy about that. At one point in the examination she asked me to lay back and she started poking around my abdomen with there hands. She said gleefully and with a smile on here face "There is nothing here! Just look at that. Nothing!" I don't think she was talking about a tumor. Having a boatload of visceral fat and a protruding belly is the norm for people my age and my doctor was astonished to see how flat my belly now lies.

This deserves its own NSV post. How exciting.
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-16, 09:15

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glimmergai
Greekribs- the other day I was chatting with a coworker about my WOE and she said, "Oh yeah, I did Atkins once and lost a ton, but it doesn't work because the minute you go off of it, you will gain it all back and more!"

Reminds me of running into a bunch of my husband's relatives after a several year gap, and they were telling him how good I looked, and he goes, "Yes, she does Atkins."

And they were all, "Yes, but the problem is, you have to stay on it."

And he and I were privately all, "Dur!"
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-16, 10:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glimmergai
Greekribs- the other day I was chatting with a co-worker about my WOE and she said, "Oh yeah, I did Atkins once and lost a ton, but it doesn't work because the minute you go off of it, you will gain it all back and more!"
LOL that's always a winner statement. Sort of like, the minute I stopped brushing my teeth, I got cavities, what's up with that
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-16, 11:49

BF:

I know, right? It boggles the mind.