Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 20:46
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 230/200/120
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default For those with serious chocolate cravings...

I found a new (to me) product at the low-carb store. This is a low-carb chocolate spread made in Holland. It is callled sugar free Twist. It has 2.2 carbs per 2 tablespoons.

This morning my children had donuts and I had a mock danish made with this. My concoction was as follows:

2 T. cream cheese
2 T. Twist
a few drops of vanilla
1 beaten egg

I mixed the cream cheese and the Twist together after they had softened in the microwave for 15 seconds. I added some double strength vanilla (regular would be fine) and then the beaten egg. No additional sweetener is necessary. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.

It tastes somewhat like a brownie or chocolate cheesecake. Yum.

Last edited by SusanD : Mon, Dec-17-01 at 09:25.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 09:54
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Being a chocoholic, this is something I must have! Any suggestions on where to find it?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 20:13

Plan: not sure
Stats: 192/192/130
BF:
Progress:
Default chocolate

What excately is a modified carbo diet?

I don't do well on a low carb diet because I can't eat much fat. I tried those low carb bars and got sick from them..way too much fat. I don't have a gallbladder to help digest them.. I also have a reflux problem...
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I absoutely hate cheese...help

Linsue
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 230/200/120
BF:
Progress: 27%

I found the sugar-free Twist product in a low carb store in Vancouver Washington. I'm not sure if it can be found online at one of the low-carb stores, but I'd check there.

As for a modified low-carb diet, all that means is that I am not as strict about induction and remaining in keytosis. My son is diabetic and I have been trained to fear it.

Also, Linsue asked about what to eat that didn't have as much fat. I too have had gallbladder problems. It was removed 10 years ago. It has been interesting that this way of eating (including the fat content) has not been a problem for me. I was far more likely to have digestive problems before I started.
The options for lean food are still fish, chicken, lean beef and pork. The veggies are basically anything low-carb (non-starchy).
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/185/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Sugar Free Twist

I bought Twist from netrition.com. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I had to have it! Now I know what to do with it! Thanks!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 13:27
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Linsue, have a look at Doreen's post in this thread. Too little fat can cause you as much discomfort as too much fat. Low carb bars are not particularly high in fat - they're high in sugar alcohols, which cause discomfort for many people.

Whichever plan you choose, stick to real, unprocessed food as much as possible, and you'll probably do really well.