Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-16, 21:40

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default 90 Day Good Habit Workshop Thread - All Welcome

Title: The 90 Day Good Habit Workshop - you can join us at any time!

Outline: Pick one good habit, diet or health related, and practice it every day for 90 days. Post your data, observations, difficulties, questions or insights frequently if possible. If you have no access to internet, update as soon as you do so we don't send the cops after you.

Before joining this thread, please take as much time as needed. Formulate and communicate your habit you are working on, keep it brief. It may be helpful to restate it each time you post or periodically so others understand what you are working on. Others are here to help you and you to help them. We are in this together. We are a team.

The point of the work shop is to grow your mind, not necessarily shrink your body.

If you complete 90 days, PM me and I'll send you an official email of completion, INCLUDING YOUR NAME ON IT!!!...FROM ME!!!

PS. I am open to revisions or clarification to the above. Another set of eyes and minds may see something and add or remove something important...

Revision 20170113: edited requirement to post every day. removed penalty to start over.

Last edited by thud123 : Fri, Jan-13-17 at 09:29. Reason: added some ... so I could see if I could still edit
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-16, 21:47

BF:

The habit I would like to develop for the next 90 days is actually a habit I would like to break, snacking between meals. My plan to accomplish this non thing will be to develop a habit of hesitation and reflection when I consider popping something in my mouth between planned meals.

I will stop for a minimum of 10 breaths (about 1 minute for me) and consider if I am really hungry. If I am not, I will not snack. If I am, I my next stop will be to make a meal.

I will either get very fat or I will stop snacking I intend to stop snacking

I'll start right after I eat the last pickles from the... oh hell! I'm starting right NOW!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-16, 07:13
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Oh, this is a good one! I'll have to choose one of the many habits I need to break and get back to you.

Good luck with the snacking.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-16, 07:33

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

This is a good idea Thud. I keep saying that I am going to add strength training into my daily routine but somehow it never happens or if it happens it doesn't last for very long. So, following the annoying advice my father frequently gave me, "if at first you don't succeed , try try again" I will try again. I'll have to get out my book and figure out a schedule so I'll report back later on how much and how often. I promise, I won't overdo it

Jean
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-16, 20:38
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I'm ready for another 90 challenge. I'll start tomorrow. My last few challenges on the TDC 90 Day Challenge were about target averages over time. I could be over some days, under on others - yet I'd meet the challenge if the averages were OK. This time I want to shoot for consistently. I want to keep my eating in check everyday. I'll keep fiber and protein high when I'm not fasting. But for the purposes of this challenge, I want to do the following everyday for 90 days:

Net Carbs: At or under 45
Calories: Less than 2500

To comply, I will need to track my food more accurately than I have been in recent weeks.

Last edited by khrussva : Mon, Jun-06-16 at 06:31.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 05:17

BF:

I am short on time but have something interesting to report, a break thru of sorts. Yesterday I was coming home from a long day of having tons of fun and decided that I was going to have a meal in the evening. Earlier I was considering not eating since I had a giant omelette at breakfast but I was starting to feel some actual hunger. I stopped in walmart to pick some stuff up and grabbed some pork rinds. Since I was going home to eat, I had some in the car on the 30 min ride home. At that time I was considering it part of my planned meal. I was going to eat soon enough anyway.

This morning in the shower I was rethinking this, knowing I was going to post here today that I didn't snack and thought, "ha! I can expand my definition of "not snacking" to include eating in the car, even preceding a planned meal."

Done!

It is an easy line to draw. There is inside the car and outside the car. There is usually one day a week I look forward to this, Friday night. I have a late meeting and stop by a store that has a killer olive bar and eat 10-20 of them on the way home BEFORE my planned late dinner. This is now considered a snack Brotatochip! I didn't consider it one before. I do now.

Start over day one! This is a good thing.

Last edited by thud123 : Mon, Jun-06-16 at 08:13. Reason: cleaned up the rushed typos
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 07:45
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

I'm in.

Since I've found recently that exercising is a real key to my continued weight loss, and drinking water seems to be equally important, I commit to the following TWO things (yes, I know I'm a bit of a rebel by picking two):

1. Fitbit will show at least 10,000 steps per day. Averaging 10k is great, but I need that minimum "bar" each day for consistency.
2. I will consume at least 3 quarts (96 ounces) of water per day.

I am considering today, June 6, as Day 1. If I've done my calculations correctly, the last day of this 90 day challenge will be September 3. It will be great to start a new 90 day challenge right about Labor Day!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 08:11

BF:

Welcome Jean, Glenda, Ken and Marvin!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 10:10

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

I've been trying to reestablish a daily meditation practice, so I think this would be a great way to keep myself accountable for that. I've found that it's easier to let it slip now that I'm home more and less "busy" with running around between clients and meetings, because I don't have to look at my calendar to find the best time to make sure i do it. When my life and time are a little more free-form, I end up just putting it off.

So...

Goal: Meditate every day.
Parameters: Minimum five minutes, ideal thirty minutes. Any time of day, but evening/night is preferred because it helps with my quality of sleep.

I'll come in here and record:
1. Whether or not I meditated
2. Length of time
Optional: Interesting observations or experiences -- I'm making this optional, because sometimes those things take time to process and I may not want to broadcast all of that. :-)

Thanks for getting this started, Thud!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 10:58

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Snap! I too need a meditation habit; for one thing it is supposed to control stress hormones.

So for 90 days I will do 10 minutes mindfulness meditation. Day one is Tuesday June 7 2016.

PS I do sometimes go stay in places with no internet, please be patient if I vanish for a week.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 11:03

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:

I'm in too. I started doing squats again on the first, but for all practical purposes will count yesterday 6/5 as my Day 1.

Why squats? It is the best exercise to increase both leg and glute strength...something I need for skating and also because instead of being unhappy with the size of my thighs I am going to focus on making them strong.

I am not going to focus on doing a lot, but doing deep ones with good form. Obviously the goal is to increase the number over the 90 days, but I am leaving it open ended to any amount (even 1). I have a couple trips coming up including 2 weeks in Europe in August. Plus every squat challenge I've seen has a rest day. My rest day will be a smaller amount.

The squats don't have to be all at the same time. I am trying to get into the habit of doing some in the morning before I weigh in, some in the evening before bed, and some in the middle of the day if I think about it.

I will come here daily and record the amount to keep myself accountable.

Thanks for starting this Thud!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 11:05

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:

90 day Squat Challenge

Day 1: 6/5/2016
Day 90: 9/3/2016

Day 1

AM: 10
Mid: 1
PM: 10
Total: 21
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 19:18
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 1

Challenge Goal:

Net Carbs: 45 or under for 90 days
Calories: 2500 or less everyday as well

Today:

Net Carbs: 40
Calories: 2362
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 20:34

BF:

My 90 day "no snaking between meals" habit I'm developing.

Day 1: Complete

Comments:

My lunch is prety structured with meals already packed so that is helpful. No real opportunity to snack today but did consider for a second to have a salad at dairy queen and thought, "if you do you're going to have to order a burger over the salad too and call it it meal" I wasn't really THAT hungry yet. I did some skating late on the way home and that squashed any appetite too. Didn't know that would happen. Good find!

dex, Ambulo and Renee; Welcome!

Renee, I'll tell more tomorrow about this fantastic cement regulation size hockey rink I found in plymouth. Maybe you know about it. I don't know if you can do any type of land training but this places is vacant and the cement is glass like. wheels roll forever on it.

Last edited by thud123 : Tue, Jun-07-16 at 04:25.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 04:01

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

OK - One day in and I'm not getting with the program or at least I'm not getting with the program I mentioned, strength training. Something in me balks at doing it so I decided to start with something easier. I waste a lot of time playing hearts on the computer so I decided to give up playing hearts, Yesterday was day 1, no hearts. Maybe the strength training will be added in but for now it's no hearts.

Jean
Closed Thread