Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-06, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/194/165 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Intro

Hey all. My name is David and I am from LA, California. I was looking around the internet and found this interesting board and decided to join. Anyways, I am a 2nd year college student majoring in Econ who one day wants to make big $$$. I have been doing Atkins for about a month and everything has gone well, but with school starting again, it's going to be tough! This board is for college students and teens, so I hope I can take part in this forum and make some friends. Happy holidays and happy New Year!

Last edited by SoCal : Sun, Dec-31-06 at 10:42.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 01:34

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

hi welcome to the board!nice to have a new face
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 12:43
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks bluesfan88. Nice to meet you. How is Missouri? Do students/teens consistently post here?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 21:35

BF:

missouri is great .i love living here!

No students/teens do not post here as ofter as i would like . people get busy with school and other activities and do not come on here as much . the students and teens that come on the forum are always changing which kinda stinks.

even though the teens are not a big part of this board, i still really enjoy it on here, and the adults really aren't that bad. i actually really enjoy posting with them. they give good advice even though they are not our age they still know how to encourage you and are lcing too and understand the reasons for why you are lcing.

Feel free to post in my journal , i tend to be on here at least every other day.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 05:02
Registered Member

BF:

That sucks that young people just stop by and don't really stay. Although I myself start school this Friday (Jan 5), I will try to stop by often and check things out.

That’s cool that you frequently post here. The only thing I worry about is how I can survive away from home with the stress of classes and everything while staying on Atkins! That sticky post up there was helpful, though. So, are you in high school? College?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 11:26

BF:

i am a senior in high school.

and while i am not yet in college . it is hard to avoid the dessert cart in the cafeteria at college . you just have to go to the salad and eat the good stuff . it takes alot of willpower to eat the right food and not go over and pig out on the high carb foods .
the last 2 summer i have been on college campuses for a high school version of sleep away camp , but it was held on Yale's campus and we take fun classes . or i have been on other campuses for dance camp ..... i am not looking forward to next year when i will have to fight the temptations , but you just have to learn to go with what will make you feel good and not sick .
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 12:46
Registered Member

BF:

College is always tempting. I am a second year and live off campus, so I have to cook my own food. I consider this to be both good and bad. The good part is that I know exactly what I am eating, but I still have to go out and buy ingredients to make my own food. It is easy to just order a hamburger from the cafeteria and just not eat the bun...

College is definitely different than HS. You meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and it’s really a great experience. However, there is tons of reading and midterms and finals are really stressful.

I actually went to Yale to see my brother graduate from business school. I think he graduated in the same class as the president’s daughter. I love how the campus is made from really big stones and New Haven is not too far from NY and Boston. Plus, Yale is considered one of the best schools in the country. Hopefully I can go to Yale business school one day!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 20:33

BF:

hey , sorry i haven't written . school took alot out of me . but that is great that you live on your own and can cook.use your inner power and make great tasting lc food in your apartment. you will do fine .

I think new haven is really pretty too. i am going to school someplace near home ! i seriously can not wait until college even though the exams are stressful , i am excited to experience it all!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-07, 03:28
Registered Member

BF:

Yeah, I've been trying to cook. I've eated a lot of chicken and sirloin steak lately. Burned food a couple of times, but that OK. You live and learn.

Where you attend college is very important. I knew I wanted to stay close to home and so I only applied to schools in California. However, you should also apply to any school that is of interest. Apply to Yale! Maybe Harvard. (boo)
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 17:56

BF:

i applyed to places in the midwest. nothing in missouri but the surrounding states. i really do not want to go to the east coast. we have totally different personalities and view of life . I found that i am a midwestern girl, and am proud of it too.

great job on the cooking . chicken and steak are great things to eat. i say that i am a chickenaholic because i eat chicken all the time and it doesnot matter for what meal!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-07, 19:10
Registered Member

BF:

Good luck getting into your #1 school.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-07, 21:27

BF:

thank ya . i am already into my 2 top schools , i just need ta decide on one . which is going to be a huge amount of fun, and i really do not want to do . i wish one of them rejected me which would make my decision so much easier.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 01:06
Registered Member

BF:

Congratulations! Make sure to visit each campus and become familiar with everything each school has to offer. Also make sure to submit your intent to register on time and find out about possible grants, scholarships, and financial aid. What will be your major?
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 01:37

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins Diet
Stats: 140/130/110 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hah, I used to go to school in LA! But I decided to transfer back home because what I was looking for in LA was there with me all along.

Not that I wouldn't mind going back there to live sometime in a few years. The city life isn't for me, but I love the land around it. California is so beautiful!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 03:03
Registered Member

BF:

Hey, Winterrose. Where did you go to school in Cali? Southern California is very beautiful and a great place to live. So, where are you now?