Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 04:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/224/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Thumbs up "home at last"

Hello, I am 59, and like many of you have been yoyoing all my life.
Diets, starvation, shots, liquids, acupuncture. This summer my daughter was visiting from UK and introduced me to Atkins. Since that point i have never looked back. I have lost almost 45 lbs and still have a good 20 to go. Not a daunting task at all. Low carbing takes the guess work out of losing weight, in my opinion of course. Now my oldest daughter and her friend after seeing how happy i am, and if i may say so myself feeling great, got on the bandwagon with me.
i am finding that looking in to mirror somewhat disconcerning, the person looking back at me is someone i just dont recognize. My face has changed so much, just does not look like the one i have been looking at for the last 25 years or so since i put on this weight. I was wondering if any one else experienced this.
Good luck to all my fellow low carbers....we got it right at last.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 06:41
Canuck Conundrum

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

Welcome

Now next step is a journal, ya gotta catch up to me!!!...

Sam
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 09:41
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Hi Cleo!

Welcome to the forum!

I don't exactly have the mirror problem...but I do have something similar. I have a hard time accepting that I am a size 12 or a "medium" now instead of 14-16 and XL!! When I go shopping for clothes, I still grab the 14 or a L first....and 95% of the time I have to go back and get the smaller size!! You think I would have learned by now (after 4 mos or more) that I could save myself a lot of time in the dressing room by getting the RIGHT size the first time!! It really is finally starting to sink in....but it's still weird!!

Congratulations to you on your success so far!!