Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 10:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/280/225 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default 1/3 of the way after 30 days!

Started July 5th ~ 327lbs. I'm doing Atkins, bicycling, and gym workouts. I am currently (Aug. 5) at 295lbs and feel better than ever. Energy just oozing, even more than my first time 6 years ago. I got to 245lbs. and hit a wall, gave up and ballooned over the last 6 years. I'm more motivated and working out more this time and with all the extra energy I have it's had sitting still. My original goal was 60lbs. by New Years and 90lbs. by April. So far I'm ahead of schedule and looking forward to maybe nearing my overall goal by the end of the year!
Bill

Last edited by traxiii : Wed, Aug-05-09 at 10:38.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 11:25

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Bill

Great job on the weight loss!

Wishing you continued success!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 07:39

BF:

Thanks Elizabeth, same back at you.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 08:14

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

WOW, that is great. Keep up the great work, you are a motivation to us all!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 08:48

Stats: 203/186/148 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

Great job! Keep it up!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-12-09, 07:51

BF:
Default Been working out a bunch and did a carb up day

Carbed up on Saturday then went back at it and lost just short of 5 lbs. last week! Riding 40 miles a week on my bike, two 12 mile days during the week and a 20+ on Sunday, and 3 days of 45 min. upper body at the gym is really toning things up and burning the fat. I try to alternate riding and gym days, but I was really sore monday so I just walked, then rode and went to the gym last night. All my jeans that were tight or too small now fit good or are loose. Hoping to keep it up, but even a couple pounds a week will get me there faster than I had hoped. I think I'm going to do the one carb day, not real huge, but I did have a couple slices of pizza and a beer once a week on my rest day.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-09, 08:08

Plan: IF
Stats: 219.3/174.8/147 Female 158cm (5ft 2in)
BF:Too much!
Progress: 62%

Well done traxxiii that is brilliant. You have done so well and keep it up!

I see you cycle as well as go to the gym... it's funny because lastnight I ordered myself a mountain bike (haven't been on a bike since 2004) to get more exercise in my week, I also try to go to the gym 3 times a week.

I don't see many people using bicycling as part of their exercise regimen, it's normally running (for outdoor activity), so it's good to hear someone else doing it and having success.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-09, 08:21

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 310/310/250 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wow! That's great. I hope it goes as well for me.

I just started on Wednesday, at a svelt 310. I want, no, make that need, to be at 250 by Dec. 6th. and utimately want to be down between 200-210 - a weight I haven't seen for about 20 years. As I said in my intro post, I'm going to do zero carbs for three weeks and see how it goes. I'll use a Ketostick Saturday to check how the induction is going and I'll do my first weigh-in on Tuesday.

Maybe it's the relief of finally getting off my butt taking action, rather than just sitting around thinking about starting, but I slept better the last 2 nights than I have in a quite a while. It's good to wake up feeling refreshed and energized. I should have done this months ago.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-09, 11:05

BF:

It's funny, but I didn't get a chance to workout as much this past week and I blew through a little stall on my weight. I rode only 15 miles rather than my normal 20+ on Sunday. It was HOT and I had been riding mostly in 20+ degree cooler weather during the week. I went through all my water and decided to cool off. Monday I did just a bunch of walking, mainly at work. Tuesday went for a short ride to the gym (6miles total) and did 45 min. of upper body. Wednesday 10 miles on the bike, Thursday just walking, and yesterday I did 13 miles on the bike with my seat lowered a little. A serious road biker had told me it was too high. Man I had a lot more power, but it worked a some muscles that have been getting a free ride. Had some leg cramps this morning, but weighed in at 285. Haven't been there in 4 years, on my way back up after falling off LC. As for food, I am keeping it around 20gr. or below, I'm eating less and not hungry. Today is my carb. day. I will probably do in the 60-80gr. range though I don't really count. I don't do the total load up that others do, but it seems to work.

As for the bike, I like it as a low impact (except for hills) cardio. I work mainly on endurance, a nice pace and look to do lots of gentle grades with a bridge "hill" thrown in every once in a while. I have been riding off and on all my life so my build up has gone fairly well, just try and go a mile further each time, if you have the time. If it stays under 90 deg. I'll try and get 25 miles tomorrow.

Good luck to all of you, I KNOW you can do it!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 08:01

BF:

I had my first weigh-in this morning. Down from 310 to 296. It's getting cool enough in the mornings for a quick five miles so it's time for me to dust off the bike and get going. I find that when I exercise my appitite actually diminishes. Go figure...

Oh, and how do you folks put that ticker thing in your post?
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 07:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaToad
I had my first weigh-in this morning. Down from 310 to 296. It's getting cool enough in the mornings for a quick five miles so it's time for me to dust off the bike and get going. I find that when I exercise my appitite actually diminishes. Go figure...

Oh, and how do you folks put that ticker thing in your post?

I have found the same thing. I have been less hungry and had almost zero cravings since I started this thing.

To set up a ticker, double click on one of them and set up a new account, it is very easy.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/187/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up

Wow! You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 08:43

BF:

Thank God I haven't had any cravings, but then it's still early in the game for me. I'm not into sweets at all so that's good, but I do miss my martinis. Today might be a bit tough - I'm going to meet a friend, whom I haven't seen since 1976 or so, for happy hour. The good news is the place we are going has a great rack of lamb and a great seared ahi tuna. One Martini and lamb or tuna shouldn't be too bad. I just don't want to stall.

I tuned up my bike a bit yesterday when I got home from work but it was too hot to ride - 105F. I'm going to have to get up earlier and ride in the mornings while it's still in the high 70s-low 80s. If I lose enough (220 or less) I might even ski this winter.

#14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 11:51

Plan: Bari post-op, lowcarb
Stats: 497.1/328.8/275 Male 6 feet, 2 inches
BF:Goal = healthy
Progress: 76%

Keep on rocking it. Don't forget you can never go back to the old ways, that's why it's a lifestyle change. Otherwise, in my experience, you just gain it all back and then some.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 01:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpj46
Keep on rocking it. Don't forget you can never go back to the old ways, that's why it's a lifestyle change. Otherwise, in my experience, you just gain it all back and then some.

I made that mistake my first time, lost 60 lbs. hit a wall and fell back into the carb trap, never again!