Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 07:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/137/125 Female 62 ins
BF:
Progress: 66%
Talking Starbucks and others getting it together!

Hey all!

Did you know that Starbucks has made their sugar free vanilla and new hazelnut syrups with Splenda now!!! YAY! So a tall, Breve, sugar-free hazelnut latte is a wonderful thing! They are getting it! Breyers ice cream now has a new ice cream and ice cream sandwiches called Carb Scoop....made with Splenda! It is soooooooooooo yummy! I love this cause Maltitol just sends me you know where. I dont have it often just those pre-TOM days! Anyway just wanted everyone to get updated! Happy l/c ing!

Mitz
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 07:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Whole Foods Diet
Stats: 193/133.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 103%

I was at Starbucks last week and they didn't have a lc drink per se (like Caribou Coffee does) but the person waiting on me had heard a co-worker make something a few days earlier so we talked about it and I made a few suggestions and now I know what to order. Vanilla latte -- ask for SF syrup (they have 2) and heavy cream (sometimes they only have half & half but usu cream is available) and then get it over ice. Perfect summer drink! I also got one at Gloria Jean's, ordered it the same way and they had about 6 choices of SF syrups to choose from. I just feel so normal when I can get what I want! :-)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 08:32
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I really like my coffee, but notice that I only drink it at home nowadays. But it is good to know so when out I have a choice that is in my WOL.
Angel
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 08:34

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz
Hey all!

Breyers ice cream now has a new ice cream and ice cream sandwiches called Carb Scoop....made with Splenda! It is soooooooooooo yummy! I love this cause Maltitol just sends me you know where. I dont have it often just those pre-TOM days! Anyway just wanted everyone to get updated! Happy l/c ing!

Mitz

Careful with the icecream sandwiches....yes they are made with Splenda BUT.... if you look closely they also contain SUGAR and other no no's ! I had a box in my hand as the front of the box states something like "only 5 grms of carbs each" until I read the side of the box and the #'s were more like 10 grms. I have not tried the icecream yet...a thread was started in the Canada forum about this stuff. I also heard that Costco is now carrying the Atkins icecream bars... have not tried it yet either.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 08:54

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

As an avid Seattle Starbucks goer, I love when they embrace the low-carb stuff, they recently got Spenda packets, I was SO happy! But funny, they had to have a meeting about the packets, apparently people swipe them like crazy because they're so expensive! So they don't put a lot out at once, and people go through the drive-through, order their drink with one splenda and ask for 10 more packets "on the side". Amazing they had to have an employee meeting about this, but they had to cut people off because they were losing so many packets!

I get drip coffee or an iced americano or iced coffee, great summer drinks!

LL
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 09:42
Contributing Member

Stats: 205/185/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I'm so thrilled to hear that Starbucks is getting it together! There is SO MUCh money to be made out there, if people would only realize that Low Carbing is a way of life!

YEAYY!!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 10:38

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I love Starbucks!! I ordered a breve latte one day and the guy behind the counter was kind enough to tell me about the sugar free vanilla and now I'm addicted! I don't even need the splenda packet! And when you get the latte iced - yuuuummmmmm!!!!!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 11:18

Stats: 231/172/175 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/19%/17%
Progress: 105%

At our Starbucks (Belleville Ont.) they have a low carb muffin, low carb cookie, low carb mini-cheesecake, and for a while, splenda. I really miss the splenda, they claim it was only for the US, they got it by mistake. I bet that is because we at least have a better sugar twin then the US, but still, I want my splenda back, sometimes I forget to bring my own.

brobin
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 11:38

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

I love my grande, decaf, breve (heavy cream if possible), sugar-free vanilla latte's! I hate to order them though It cracks me up everytime and I'm sure the person behind me must be thinking "Can't you just order a freakin' cup of coffee!)

Of course then, I'm always wondering, is it really breve, sugar free and decaf! I'll have these once or twice a week and it is a real treat!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 11:59
i see stars

Plan: My own way
Stats: 168/165/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I hate to burst your bubble, but the SF Hazelnut is made with Splenda, while the SF Vanilla is still made with Asparteme.

I work at Starbuck's, and I'm the resident "low carb" barista

Personally, I enjoy an Iced Decaf Quad Tall SF Vanilla Heavy Whip Extra Ice Latte - the extra ice makes less room for the heavy whip, so I get just a hint to make it oh-so-creamy!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 12:05
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbjo
I also heard that Costco is now carrying the Atkins icecream bars... have not tried it yet either.

The Atkins icecream bars are bland and the chocolate covering comes off in clumps, very messy eating. NOT worth the price IMHO.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 14:35

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

So, Celestia, how bad am I when I order a tall, decaf, breve mocha? I love mochas!!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 20:41
i see stars

Plan: My own way
Stats: 168/165/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

For a tall Mocha, Breve, no whipped cream:

Calories 400
Fat Calories 270
Total Fat (g) 30
Saturated Fat (g) 18
Cholesterol (mg) 90
Sodium (mg) 105
Total Carbohydrates (g) 30
Fiber (g) 1
Sugars (g) 13
Protein (g) 9
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 25%
Iron 15%

You can get this from Starbuck's website - it's pretty cool, really. And Breve isn't as LC-friendly as some people think - there are 15 carbs in a tall Breve Latte. Unfortunately, SB hasn't updated their site to allow Heavy Whip as an option right now, although you can have that substituted for your milk in stores.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 21:11

Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLucy
But funny, they had to have a meeting about the packets, apparently people swipe them like crazy because they're so expensive!

Ha! I noticed there weren't very many out, and figured this was happening.
I imagine once the low-carb bubble bursts a little, and the price of Splenda levels out, people will calm down.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 05:27

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Celestia, what do you mean w/ no whipped cream? Of course I get whipped cream!

But for budgetary and dietary reasons I'm trying to avoid SB and CC as much as possible these days. When I'm desperate for a fix, I've learned to make a pretty decent mocha at home w/ whipping cream, not half/half.