Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 22:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 155/152.5/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default What do you order at Starbucks???

What does everyone order at Starbucks or your local coffee shop? I was confused this morning! They have soy milk but not low carb! The gal asked if I was doing Atkins and suggested this:
Venti, Sugar Free Vanilla, Latte, Breve

It was pretty big and tasted fabulous. She said it was made with half and half. I would love to hear your thoughts and/or other suggestions!

Thanks!
Melissa
Oh, and I know I can't have the Frappaccino's
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 22:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 172/165/155 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default starbucks

I love fraps and almost anything else aat Starbucks. Lately I have gone to adding chocolate SF syrup to coffee or any other flavor of Davinci SF syrups. Also Italian soda's are GREAT!!! I make them with half and half because the cream wants to curdle on me??? I was using Diet sprite and Club soda works best.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 22:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

Tall sugar free vanilla americano. The breve latte, particularly one that is a Venti would still be pretty high in carbs. Half and half still has way more carbs than heavy cream. And a venti is HUGE - there might be more than 15g carbs inside?

Last edited by faeriegirl : Fri, Feb-27-04 at 23:04.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 22:54

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

Dark Roast, Black
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 22:59

Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

"Medium coffee."

Then I put half and half in it.

I hate the pretentious nonsense of Starbucks. I love their coffee but I refuse to buy into their ludicrous "venti" and "grande" and so on. This is not how the Italians order their coffees and I won't play the pseudo-caffe game.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 23:15

Stats: 238/217/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 20%

I order a heavy cream latte with sugar free vanilla syrup-it's very good.
Also, I buy starbucks coffee and make my own lattes at home with hoods low
carb milk.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 23:19

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

I work at a Super Target and we have a Starbucks. A guest told me the other day that the sugar-free vanilla latte with heavy cream is awesome. I'm gonna try it soon!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 23:53
46 Reasons!

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 279/266/258 Female 5'7"
BF:more than enough
Progress: 62%

I would LOVE Starbucks!! However, I don't know what to order that won't throw me over my carb count for the day, since I'm still in induction. Even a tall is a pretty large serving of heavy cream or half and half. I didn't know they had heavy cream, I thought Breve was the heaviest they had. This is good news when I finally make the decision to go!!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 00:08

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

I used to work at Starbucks, and breve is half & half. The only other cream they have is whipping cream, but i don't know if you could even steam whipping cream? The barista might look at you very strangely if you asked
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 00:12

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 230/203/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I have no trouble asking for whipping cream, though I usually first ask for "heavy cream, otherwise known as whipping cream." Otherwise the person behind the counter might pull out the can of whipped cream instead!

-G.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 00:19
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I get a cappachino. I should probably remember to ask for half and half, I guess they use milk normally?
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 01:46
Registered Member

Stats: 240/202/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 48%
Smile

Ooh Ooh!! I have a good one. But it only works cause i can store sugar free vanilla soy in my fridge at work. We have a starbucks right across the street so its so hard when co workers are constantly going over there and getting goodies.. and reg old coffee just doesnt do it for me.. So.. i played around on their website and found something i could mix up.

So.. i get a grande ICED cafe americano (basically shots of expresso) in a venti cup with extra ice and extra water. (So its not as strong) THEN i come back to work add some splenda (which they have out now at starbucks!) and then add sugar free vanilla soy. I mix it all up and this ends up tasting (to me anyways) like an iced vanilla latte!... I had been doing this for a couple days now, playing around with my mix up. AND the woman i work most closely with was finally like.. what is that? can i try it... She loved it and loved that it was mostly guilt free... especially if you arent on a low carb diet.. SO today i got one for her and mixed it up...

Anyway.. this is my new drink of choice, it gives me something to sip when i need it, and ussually lasts all day and i ussually dont finish it..

So anyway... Hope this inspires. Try it! Its good....

Sugar free vanilla soy is cheap and has about 1 carb per cup (i think) 4 carbs minus 3 fibers...

-Heidi
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 03:10

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Good idea with the vanilla soy milk! I have to watch the fat as well (even before BFL - as much cream as goes into a latte just makes me nauseated), so I usually just get a cup of brewed coffee with a shot of espresso added. Then it is the strength of coffee like I make at home. Sometimes I get a double espresso. Now at home if I have leftover coffee I make iced coffee with a little cream and chocolate daVinci syrup. The other day I made a protein shake to drink before my early morning workout that had coffee, unsweetened soy milk, whey protein powder and daVinci - surprisingly good! Got my caffeine in without trying to brew coffee at 4:30am.

Jen
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 03:52
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Soy slender makes a great latte for only 1g net. Maybe if you picked some up in the store they would be willing to make it for you?

I just get the coffee of the day with a shot of vanilla SF syrup (the only kind this place has). Then I add half & half. It's cheaper on carb count, and a heck of a lot cheaper on the wallet.

At home I have an cappachino machine I picked up at Walmart. Decaf espresso with some steamed soy slender is a wonderful before bed treat that warms the tummy. You could also use carb count down, cream or a number of things at home until you foudn the blend you liked.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 07:57

Stats: 250/205/180 Female 69 in
BF:
Progress: 64%

Tazo tea! I like Sweet Wild Orange and Passion... both actually have no tea at all in them. Just extracts and herbs... so delicious!!!!