Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-16, 05:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, I stayed near the airport one time in the Litchfield condos.
Is that your place?

yea the hurricane nailed that area good.
sorry on your sisters place, smoke is super nasty, no one wants that smell, hope it all comes thru ok for her
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-16, 07:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Bummer about your sister's apartment! I hope they can air it out, and that she has no other damage. Enjoy your 80 degrees!

Trigger- It is totally weird that I am eating more chicken! When I was LC before I got sick, I seldom had chicken at all. I used it for the kids. I haven't had a steak or heavy beef dish since I started eating normal again, nor a burger. Strange! Not that I can't, I just haven't yet. And yes, what happened this time is EXACTLY what happened ten years ago, and the prescription acid blocker seems to have healed everything up. When I see the Dr again I'll get his take on it. I am just grateful to be back to eating LC again, no pain, and no surgery necessary!

YAY for the hubby being gone for a few days! I know what you mean about it being a bit easier with dinners and such. I still cook for my boys when DH is late (as he is 2-3 nights a week) but I don't worry about the fact that I ate earlier, and I am often in my jammies when I serve them up. Plus I can feed them whenever, it is all very casual.

I've gone the opposite way with the decorating and such- it used to stress me out and I was bothered by it. I've been embracing it more the past couple of years. No idea why! I think because as my kids are aging out of the home, it brings that feeling of family and all the good memories and surrounds me like a warm hug!

Jaz- I hear you on knowing about the medical field and not wanting surgery and such. Is an ablation a big procedure though? I didn't think it was, really, but I don't know for sure.

You know, just enjoy the dinner, enjoy the company for tonight, and don't worry so much about quantifying it. Things will work, or they won't, but take tonight as it is.. a dinner with a new friend. Relieving the stress of feeling like you have to know or make a decision right this second and just be in the moment. I can't wait to hear about it. It IS tonight, right?

Weighing every other day could work for you, or just knowing that you seem to have a lot of variance and accepting that number as an average.. either way, same difference. Every other day could mean that you only happen to weigh on high number days and that would suck!

Meme- so going back to what you wrote a post or so back, sounds like you are a heavier veggie eater? What are your favorites? That is one area that I run hot and cold on. I am not opposed to them, will eat them just fine but don't miss them when they aren't there.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

So my eat-y day didn't have any effect one way or the other. 137.2 today- that's either the same or down .2, I don't remember. Either way, happy and doing fine. Very comfortable with where I am and loving it.

Meeting my SILs for lunch today outside Baltimore. The friends of one of my SILs opened a restaurant. I'm leaning toward wings, but might get a bunless burger. No desire to be off plan at all for this meal, which is a good thing!

Some low-level stress with trying to get this XC Banquet up and off the ground. It will be over come Friday evening and I will be glad to have helped it happen, but only a handful of days to plan it has left me feeling a little frazzled.

The pool rehab is FINALLY FINALLY almost done. Ugh, we started in early October, being told it is five days to do it, and now it will have been closer to five weeks. Pain in the BUTT! Nonetheless, soon will be finished and we will be happy about it next summer, plus all the work paid in cash. Yay!

Ds14 was moaning and groaning and generally being a pill this morning because he has lost a cinch sack that has his gym uniform and one of his new pair of uniform khaki pants. Told him that if it doesn't show up by Friday, then the new pair of pants and the new shorts are coming out of his bank account. We were both mad, for different reasons.

That's about it around here. Just chugging along.
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-16, 09:17

Plan: ZC (started w/Atkins)
Stats: 164/132.8/124 Female 5x2"
BF:27%
Progress: 78%

Hey there everyone!!!

After much consideration I am moving to a more hard core thread...it's not anything personal I just don't much want to read about the delights of cheat days...it makes me consider what I am doing is wrong & I don't need that to deal with mentally. For me abstaining from carbs works best & that physical & mental focus is what I need.

You all are wonderful people & I know we all are different & go about things differently so I totally respect that.
But I am new to this & I need to focus on the plan I choose & not always be wondering if I could get away with a cheat day a week...

I will probably stop in & say hi every now & again if that's ok!

Hope you all keep up with your WOE/WOL choices & enjoy your journey!

God Bless!
Charmie
  #124   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-16, 17:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Charms---Totally get it. Nice of you to take the time to tell us where you're going. So often we just never hear from someone again. Good luck to you and absolutely come back and say hi now and then, and let us know how you're doing.

Meme---Yep, that's why I'm on a "our way" thread. I am so all over everybody doing this the way that works for them but struggle w/LC militancy being pushed for everyone. I don't eat enough veggies to worry about it. I like my salads and green beans, but I LOVE tomatoes in almost every form. Fruit, I know but the point is the same. It's the only fruit I eat besides berries, and I'm not givin' it up. I use them w/knowledge of

Bottom line, we all have to know what we can live with LONG TERM, as in yeah, I could cut out tomatoes in some kind of uber LC "diet" to lose weight but for me, that wouldn't be realistic. Because the minute I go back to something realistic for me long term, I gain back what I lost for being unrealistic about who I am.

As long as I've been at this, one thing I know is true. Wherever I land in how I eat MUST be sustainable and comfortable as a lifestyle.

Jaz---I hope you are having a lovely night with G/Mr. Big. Totally understand your experimenting with it, despite my "sack him" advice. There are so many feelings/instincts one can't totally translate on a blog.

I'm glad you have an appointment w/a OB-GYN coming up. Know you will be honest about what you've been going thru. Jaz, it doesn't have to be like this and I worry about it for you. Know you're scared, me too, about anything having to do w/a doctor or surgery. But I think you need to get more current info on the options. Not every surgery is BIG.

Trig---Whatcha doin' with the Pork Chop gone? Total chill?

I'm like you in terms of the holidays. Thanksgiving---been trying to get my family to go out for it for the last couple of years, now that our kids are grown up and out and many of them can't make it home. But no one's biting.

Christmas---I do a 4 ft table top tree, which makes it feel like an 8 ft tree. Then I do our mantel, which is totally fun for me and different every year. LOVE doing the mantel-scape, it is a creative joy for me. That's it. Nothing else inside or outside. No Xmas tchotchkes. A lovely tree, a pretty mantel, and a roaring fire is plenty-O Xmas for me.

Nic---…and following right up on home and hearth and home, I cannot tell you how much I agree w/this:

surrounds me like a warm hug!

Exactly. That's how I feel about my home. It is my ultimate refuge, and I want it to hug me every time I walk back in thru the door.

THIS, really made me laugh:

"We were both mad, for different reasons. "

Oh man, I so get it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today I came slam dang up against the difference between my low, and now. I went pants shopping.

Had to do it. I LIVE in slim leg black pants for work, add whatever to the top and you look professional enough. I always need a few fresh pairs in the fall, as I work 'em like crazy.

For basic slim leg black pants, (NOT jeggings, for me) I love Chico's. Several lines/body types to chose from. Anywho, I'm up one FULL Chico's size, not just a .5 up. :thrown:

But I had to deal w/what is, and w/my bonus bucks got two pairs, one in black, one in a sienna brown, for a very good deal. Chico's pants aren't cheap, but then, I'm looooooooooong past being able to buy cheap pants. I need quality and fit.

I didn't like that more severe evidence of my gain, and has me thinking a lot.

Also gals, just have to share this. My biggest client, the one that's been causing me so much heart burn lately, just gave me an unsolicited 10% raise on my retainer, which adds up to a significant plus in cash flow per month.

Yeah, happy for the money. But, MOST HAPPY, to feel valued enough to have it given without asking for it. Yeah, it WILL come w/more work, they see that ahead and acted pro-actively. Good for me. Good for them. Happy camper.
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-16, 18:35

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Somebody ? just said they were cooking oven pork chops and that what I have in the oven. With the pork rinds coating too!(just as good as the chicken)
Wow, there is a lot to read!!

I hope it didn't sound like I was selling veggies, just an example of what sets people off thinking we should all eat the same.

Nicco, yes I am definitely a veggie eater and I like almost any with the only exception being spaghetti squash and acorn but every other one I love.
I only cook fresh and started cooking them years ago getting daring with new ones because of a fruit and veggie co-op I joined. There were 12 of us and we all took turns, two at a time going to farmers market then coming back to the house and dividing it all with 2 full paper bags each for $10, all before our DH and children woke up for school. We would place the the bags on our back patio or up the driveway and the ladies would come by at their leisure throughout the day, take their bags and put their money in the bank bag and go. It was actually fun going to farmers market at 4:00am although I can't believe I use to do that, for 5-6 years and we all had a turn to go twice a year.
Later, got to go eat my pork chops, cabbage with pork/butter and also a little carbie mashed yams with butter but I haven't eaten today At All so I'm STARVING!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm back and dinner was gooood!

Lauri~ I haven't gotten to say hello to you yet because you've been on vaca but I so hope your condo is OK and you don't have any smoke damage.

Blue~ I can so relate to the pants problem, that is always an issue for me to find some new (nice) ones and the old ones have all gone to the donation place. I have tons of tops but few pants, tons of skirts.
Congrats on getting an increase without even asking, that's so great!!!!

Something a little funny or sad, depends. I just watched a grocery store commercial, they were advertising ingredients to make tamales which is the first time I've seen this one. The scene went from the kitchen and ended at the dinner table. What did I notice? Everybody at this table was 100 lbs overweight! You know what they say, the proofs in the pudding. Don't eat tamales or this will happen to you... was my take-away on that one.

Gotta go read everybody's posts again, forgot half of everything I read before dinner.

Last edited by Meme#1 : Thu, Nov-03-16 at 20:02.
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-16, 21:41

BF:
Progress:

meme---

You absolutely don't have to worry about "selling veggies" just because you happen to like them, and they happen to be an important part of your woe.

On LC we have some choices that go beyond just meat and eggs. if that were all there was FOR ME, I wouldn't be happy on this woe, and I could not maintain as such.

Now, if you were here selling baguettes as an important and needful part of your woe, well, that would be different.

IMO, all that matters is that we're coming in AT LEAST under 50 carbs a day, and for me, it's under 30 carbs a day. THIS, is VLC. eating. Where we land on that spectrum, is up to us and what works for us at the time.

And hey sister, I have tons of tops, they're SO MUCH EASIER. Struggling to find a good fit in pants is a whole other thing. Which is why when I find a good fit, even if it's a size above what I wish it was, I buy two of 'em in different colors. These will take me thru the winter.
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-16, 21:54

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Blue, I found these a few months ago and they are amazing. They're mostly Rayon with a stomach panel sewn in and they look very professional. They're VERY slimming. Not your grandma's stretch pants

https://www.amazon.com/Alia-0016025...nts=p_89%3AAlia

I first bought the shorts, knee length with a cuff at the bottom and I was so impressed that I bought two more indifferent colors then I found the slacks and I am in love. I have black and white just came for next summer. I bought white because I knew if I didn't buy it now it wouldn't be there later.
Now I need brown...
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-16, 04:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wow- Ladies- take 1 day off from the thread- and I'm outta the loop!

Blue- Omg- I shop at Chico's as well, I just love their no wrinkle fitted shirts- when I am feeling slim. I like their pants too. I KNOW what it feels like to go up a size there and not by .5 urghhhhh....nothing like a dressing room to smack us with reality.
YEAH on your "bonus" and what a great time of year to get it! WELL done my friend.

Trig- ROFL- ya I'm needing FIR!!1 :lol; Some of my typos are really funny. My fingers fly faster than my brain. !!!HAHAHA
Hope you are enjoying your "down time"- you are so right- I love my space. There is something really nice about only having to deal with me. So enjoy your time out- and send the kiddo to school! Lol- glad you all didn't get super sick- and it seems to have departed!

Leeann- It is great that whatever took you out has resolved and you are getting back to LC. I agree with you regarding chicken. I am not a big fan, for the most part. I like it grilled- but that is about it. It tends to get dry. they don't call it "foul" for nothing. LOL

Lori- enjoy your last couple days- keep us posted about the apt-

Meme- tonight really is pork chop night. I use the mayo and pork rinds- in the oven for about 30 min. Bam- good eating!

All-
So I see there has been some discussion regarding cheat days, tomatoes, and different food. I want to weigh in on that discussion.

I am only going to speak for me. But we didn't get big the same way- and we aren't going to get it off the same way. Our bodies are different- the way we process carbs and our pancreas is different.
Do I have some food envy- yes. Do I deal with it yes. I really wish I could eat dairy- for those that can tolerate it- it's a great add on to LC. But I know that for me- I need to eat what I can tolerate. My pancreas is very carb sensitive right now. So I need to keep it low. I have tried having a meal here and there. I always end up with bloat and gain. I just can't do it RIGHT NOW. Maybe down the line- but I am not there.

Like you Blue- I love tomatoes. Because I am so limited to what I can have- I allow for it. I love a great tomato sauce on just about anything. I use tomato paste in a good many dishes. I don't think I could do LC at all without it. That being said- I pay for the top quality sauce with low sugar. Rao- makes a great product and low sugar.
And I make chili- very often -no beans.

So as a wrap up- I am comfortable with where I am. Wishing the weight would come off faster. But I am confident that if I just keep plugging away it will come.

Ok- so Mr. Big- cam with 3 dozen roses, and a bottle of wine. We had a great time. Really it was a great time- we laughed, danced, and walked in a moonlit night. I really enjoyed his company. He was a perfect gentleman. I can tell how "into" me he is. I will admit I sorta like that.
I however was happy to see him depart to his own place. There was not a single thing I could find that wasn't perfect last night.
I am beginning to think I have a issue. I think I could get used to being around somebody like him. He does check almost all the boxes. I know that nobody is perfect. Not to mention that a hunky guy usually have wondering eyes.
However I am wondering if I am too set in my ways. After all I was married for 28 years- and single now for the last 7. I really like my SPACE. But I don't want to be alone forever. the longer I stay set in my ways the harder it might be.

I am in no rush- I will leave it at that.

So happy today is Friday! Now that I am working- the weekend holds a special place.

Down again to my low- TOM is gone- and life is good, stable, and happy ....knocking on some wood.
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-16, 05:05

BF:

Nicco that is SO interesting that this ailment went the same way so long ago....and an acid blocker med fixed ya back? Whatever it is, take it cause we all know things can be so much worse. I am happy you are back to eating your way. It is hard enough point blank to make our changes in eating, let alone have to change off that path! And into almost no food and scared to eat!

I hear ya on the warm hugs the house gives when it is full of memories and decorations and more. Like Blue said there is nothing like your own home!! I love travel but after a big one getting home is key....open that front door and the world melts away...safe and sound

Blue, Chico's...we have one pretty far away. Went there a long time ago, I did like the quality of their clothes. Barb was shopping for a rehersal dinner dress, they didn't have what she wanted, but I sure checked out their items. Nice. Little pricey but it is worth it for work clothes. Of course my work clothes then were muck boots and jeans and flannel shirts
CONGRATS on that work raise! Nice to be valued

Charms, I totally get what you are saying big time! Do what ya gotta do for sure! This path is hard enough, when we find something unsettling we gotta make that change.

Jaz, WOW Mr Big went big! I know if anything at all happened to hubby I would NEVER remarry. I would get a companion, for 'you know what'--WINK--and going out to dinner and travel and more but never move that sucker in at all LOL You live there, I live here and we meet up when we want and go our own ways--at this age no way I could re-do the living together type situation. Ain't happening for this old gal........but it sounds like you had a great time. Go slow, nothing in this life is pushing anything, just let it happen as it happens!!

Meme I like those pants you posted. Not your Grandma's pants They are making some fine clothes that are more comfortable like those you posted.

HI ALL
nothing major. off to grocery, they got--center cut pork chops on sale...$1.99/lb which is fab! Gonna stock up the freezer for sure. T-bones at $4.99 from $11. WOW. Won't get as many of them, hubby likes them, I don't much.

hit bank and deposit some checks and other little things.
hubby having fun at cabin. this guys wife is a hunter and she goes and she cooks these crockpot meals, hubby is raving about them Well that is cool, he found a woman who can cook finally LOL I told him to eat up good cause he won't get it here funny, he had me laughing!

nothing much more, usual day of this and that.
gonna buy more ribs and ribeyes today.....will eat that whenever. I have been loving the ribs lately. I guess I will til I tire of them

everyone have a fine day
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-16, 07:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- So very glad that the date night went well. I really am! He sure does know how to turn it on! Yay for being back to your low! Go Girl!

Trig- Enjoying your freedom with the hubby being fed by another woman! Made me laugh! Since you eat your own thing, what do they usually do for dinner?

Blue- I like Chico's too, especially in sale or even better, in a thrift store! Sorry about the rise in size, making the assumption that they are not cutting them differently? Hugs. Sweet sweet raise!!! That is great and well earned my friend!! You have no doubt earned it. Happy for you!!

Meme- I am a take or leave it veggie girl, in part because sometimes they don't like me! Salads can either go well or give me quite a bit of a stomach ache. Love green beans, artichokes, broccoli (new development over the past two years) as long as it is cooked and not raw. Love corn on the cob as a rare summer treat, otherwise can do without corn. Like well done zucchini and yellow squash! Some days I eat veg, some not. Sounds like you have got the veg prep working for you! I do find that I am making/eating them more since I got my McSteamy.
Those pants look great! May have to look into a pair for myself!

Charms- No worries and thanks for letting us know. I hope you didn't feel unwelcome here. But yes, this is very much a "your way/our way" thread and not a strict one, so I get it. Cheers!

••••••••••••••••••••

Life is going along here.. prep for XC banquet happening today and the banquet itself is tonight. Pool is being officially closed today after the project that was to take five days took FIVE WEEKS instead.

Next week is looking much calmer and I will welcome that.

Did I tell you guys that DS18's GF is transferring back home?

Weight at a pseudo-low today.. I think I got to 136.2 back when I was so ill that I was refusing solid food. Today I am at 136.6, which is my low for still eating. Will be LC all day today and then focusing more on portion control for tonight at the banquet.

Have a great FRIDAY everyone!
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-16, 08:47

BF:

Nicco my eating is whenever hungry. I go by 0 schedule.
But mostly it is about 1pm some food and then 3 pm some food and I am done for the day. Sometimes I combine it into one giant meal around 2-3pm and done for the day. I COOK for everyone at the normal times when I am 'forced'. which is like, every single day LOL I think that was easy before, but now I am finding it super annoying and taking up my time and for foods I do not eat. Yet I do it for 'them' cause, well, we gals do that and smile when they love it But life would be so much easier if we ate my way but that will never happen!

what gets me is I am trying to avoid food yet I am around it ALL the friggin' time and that is a killer but I adapt and do what I must. times will change in the future, I do it mostly obviously for kiddo....when she is in college and off the hubby will have a monster rude awakening about how I will eat and how he will have to feed himself mostly but that has yet to come but I tell him and he might listen---but since he does cook well I am not worried about him one bit.

food is getting to be a word like 'work' and 'f' and 's' and all those other 4 letter words we worry about LOL

Girl you need a quiet week and be sure to make next week a good and easy one for yourself. We push, stress, run the rat race and in the end, no one ever gets much out of it other than misery and being tired I know, I been there and still have those times....more and more I plug for easy. I used to think that was bad cause we grew up with big work ethics and go go go and succeed but now I realize it never has to be that way at all. Life can be slow and satisfying and easy, it is up to us
Older I get the more I see!!
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-16, 14:58

BF:

Girls- not much different than what I posted in general this morning- to you all.

HOWEVER I just had to go somewhere to frekin write it out.

So Mr. Wonderful- such a gentleman is that way for a reason. He was very silent on text this morning. So finally about noon - he texted - not even called- but texted the following

"I have something to confess. I really so enjoyed last night I can see a future for us. But I need to be honest. I am not attracted to WOMEN" goes on to say- "in my position I need to have a "normal family life" "I know I could keep you happy by giving you a provided for life. I will happily sleep in a spare bedroom as I toss and turn with my C-Pap machine anyway that is really loud."

Ya know I just can't make this up- OMG OMG OMG - Boy there were red flags....... But I really want the fairy tail ending and was seeing stuff that flat is not there. Couple days ago I tried to hold his hand and he snatched it back so fast..... I let it roll.
NEXT- NEXT - NEXT-
I was having issues anyway with how fast he was moving. I guess people are starting to wonder about him- and he just wants to find a "wife"

No offence to being anyway you want- but I have an issue living a lie. WOWOWOWOWOWO
Trig, Blue, Leeann, SMACK me up side the head a little harder next time.... OMG - oh well at least he was honest. I would have figured it out eventually- this is just a time saver.

I have had the hungries ALL frekin day. Even before this news. Long Long time since that has happened. Started spotting again. Sighhhhh... ablation is out due to the apple size fibroid. I have a appt. to get in with a gyno really soon.

I don't know why I am bothered that Charms left but I do understand. She was too at least honest. But we are who we are.

stayed mostly on plan- I am not weighing tomorrow- today is behind me-
Pork chop have been pushed to tomorrow- perfect for a fall day!

enjoy the evening
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 05:14

BF:

Ahhh, Jaz just write it off as you found a lopsided Porkchop out in this world who is having major troubles, and blow past it fast.
It doesn't matter in your life.

What did you text back? I would text back something like this:
I understand what you are saying and I had fun but I am severing our relationship at this time. I hope you find what you want in life!

Then I would be done with it. Continuing this is gonna do nothing but get you dragged down the rabbit hole and mess with your 'new life' and routine and get in the way of finding a new Mr. Porkchop that suits you better.

No joke, RUN THE HECK AS FAST AS YOU CAN. No kidding here, stop this now before it snowballs into misery....and we all know this can happen fast LOL He has his own situation to work out in this lifetime.

HI ALL
nothing major today.
I got wonderful Tbones and ribs and tons of pork chops for freezer. Sale ends Tues, might go tomorrow morning and grab a few more for the freezer. Prices were that good

today is pork chops and small NY strip steak whenever.

Hubby coming home tomorrow but me and kiddo might take doggie to the walking track to get out. Our weather has that BBrrr factor it it now. Our 80s are dwindling away, I feel that fall weather right here now. At least AC is off again

nothing much more, taking this weekend in a lazy easy fashion.

hope all have a fine saturday! enjoy and be on plan
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 08:27

BF:

Good Morning GALS!

Trig- I totally agree- and severed it- and happy about it- it really did just roll away- happy it didn't drag out. I cut him off the same way- through a text!

Enjoy your space and time. Fun that you are hanging out with the kiddo- and doing a walk today. You said that the temps are finally dipping alittle- us too! And I am very happy about it. Ready for a true fall. 85 does not feel fall like.

I took Bella out this morning- and for the first time felt a difference in the air- a hint of crisp!
So I was thinking of you yesterday- I get hooked sometimes on HGTV. So they have this new series out called "bought the farm"- it's these families that what farm life. It was really cool. complete with horse barns- lots of open land- and just an entire way of life. It loved it- I could do that, just not single. But the life style is totally different than urban living. I am still a suburb gal. I wouldn't mind owning a small piece of land!

Blue- you are a whirlwind of activity. But you have found a workable way to work your WOE. I bet you are having a pretty Fall! I will beg for meatball soup recipe!

Leeann- So glad you are getting things figured out for yourself and in your happy zone. Also happy that whatever mystery illness has resolved.
You can now move on and do what feel good to you. You will know what that means.
Oh- I am still wondering if you are still as excited about your IP pot and if you think it's worth it. Any new things you have made?

Lori- Cheers GF- enjoy your last day on Vacay

Meme- my pork chops got pushed back by 2 days- hoping they are still good. They will get the sniff test!!!! Any other recipes?

All-
So relieved Mr. Big- resolved and done- NEXT

So today though I was hoping for a R&R day. I am in need of a recoup day- to play, walk, shop, and rest- I am in of some down time. Just to regenerate. We all need that at times. My life for months has been so high octane stress- that coming off that, ya crash. In a good way.

However I am in high anxiety right now as I write this- My DD, may have had a miscarriage last night and is on her was to get an ultrasound in the ER as I type. the nurse in me is scared as crap- the mom in me is worried. She doesn't want me to come yet until she knows. We don't know what her plan is.
IF- she is still with baby she will be on bed rest for awhile- and may need me to come at that point. IF she has lost it- there is nothing I can do except bring soup I guess. She and her hubby will get through whatever is the outcome.
FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR HER.

I have pork chops- or chicken strips- one or the other and kale salad. I want to get a walk in. I have come to grips that I can't lose right now unless I get as low as I can- and maintain for awhile before I can start adding stuff. I need to restart my body- and let it heal. I am OK with that. I am still bigger than I want to be- but feel healthy. But this size is not healthy- I need to keep that in mind!

Funny I have the opposite of anorexics - they see fat in the mirror. I see a THIN gal- until I see of pic of me- then I'm like- no that is not me - that person is fat. HAHAHAHAHAH

Ok- off to do some laundry, and wait for my phone to ring.
  #135   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 10:37

BF:
Progress:

Hi all!

Meme---Those pants look GREAT. They are EXACTLY the line of pants I like---smooth waste band, no buttons that squeeze the mushroom up, LOL. In fact they look just like the ones I bought at Chicos for twice as much. Think I'm going to order a pair, like the idea of a tummy panel and can never have enough slim chic black pants. Thanx so much for the link.

Nic---Wow, GF moving home huh? Do you think it's because of your son, or she just didn't like that college? Combo of both?

YAY for you on 136 eating LC with well considered treats. I think this works well for you because as you said, you don't eat big helpings. It seems you don't have the portion control issues some of us do, like me for instance.

Trigger---Once the pork chop retires I bet he'll take even more of an interest in cooking. Sounds like he doesn't mind doing it, but not so fun to do it when you get home from work. When does he plan to retire?

Jaz---Well, glad that roller coaster episode is done. I actually feel sorry for Mr. Big, as I would for anyone, as you said, "living a lie." He should find himself some nice guy who he can really love. However, he should NOT be on dating sites selling himself as something he isn't. To paraphrase Bob Dylan, "he just kinda wasted your precious time…don't think twice it's all right." LOL, always a tune in my head.

Meat ball soup recipe coming soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been very on plan since last Sunday night, including out to restaurant last night for BFF's 60th b'day party. Tonight is my treat night because we are going to a couple's house for dinner. She is an excellent cook, and it will be whole and healthy, but I know there will be carb choices I'll want to enjoy.

Starting today, I'm adding to my 6/1 plan in this way. I am going to more emphasis on eating less LC food the other 6 days. Figuring out a little list of nips and tucks for the 6 day woe. Still not ready to track calories, but am ready to simply try to eat less, even if it's just a bit here and there.
Closed Thread