Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-15, 13:31
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Afternoon, Kids.

Nice to see you, weezy! Just wanted to share this cartoon that made me smile. It's how I've been for the last two months. I need someone to kick start me square in the pants. Anyone brave enough to give it a shot?

Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-15, 16:32
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb/ IF
Stats: 185/175.2/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 25%

hahahaha....I immediately saw the 3 characters on ths right as "me", "myself" and "I".

Wellllll.....I'd like to give it a try, in being "brave enough" :

BLUE! STOP BEING YOUR 4 YEAR OLD SELF, GROW UP AND RETURN TO BEING MY FEARLESS ROLE MODEL! It's as simple or as complicated as you want to make it, right? Simple is.... well.... simpler ...eh?

Now, once you make sense of that, please return the favour! I am needing a serious talking to. I have no excuses. It's getting rather old....and it makes me feel old when I start to think how easy it used to be in my twentys and thirtys. If I decided I needed to lose 10 lbs.....well, I would just cut out sweets,eat smaller portions, and whalaa....2 weeks later, I would be 10 lbs smaller. geeeze louise!

Susan, you really are to be commended for getting close to goal and maintaining. It is no easy feat!
  #168   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-15, 16:38
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

For those of us in the mode that could use it....

Last edited by Labhrain : Wed, Sep-02-15 at 17:18.
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-15, 17:13
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Lab!

Just showed my husband and asked if he could make this for me.

He looked at it, chuckled then said "uh huh....only I would use bigger boots" lol
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-15, 17:18
Real food!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronchin

He looked at it, chuckled then said "uh huh....only I would use bigger boots" lol

Hehe. Well, I actually feel like I need bigger boots to go with my bigger everything else!
  #171   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-15, 07:21
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

There's the butt kicker I so know and love and need. I've been eating "okay" but not spot on. Ronchin, I appreciate the scolding!!!!!!! It was perfect! You're right, Four-year-old Blue (FYOB) has been running rampant with free rein. Time to stop that nonsense. I AM down a couple of pounds so I'll try not to screw that up.

We've been painting the interior of the house which is a royal nuisance. Our house has been packed up since July for the floors to be put in and we haven't unpacked because we want to get the painting done. Now I can't remember what bin holds what items and when I look for something I'm surprised to see what's in there. I've had so many instances of "Oh yeah, that stuff. Okay, now where are the things I'm looking for..." Sick of it. But I'm gaining on it. My sister and brother-in-law are coming for the weekend to paint their little hearts out. Maybe then we'll get this house back in order. It really is starting to look good. One mess at a time...

Jim is the messiest painter ever. E. V. E. R. I'm doing my best not to lose it but he is making it hard. With reinforcements coming this weekend I have hopes of finishing this chapter of home improvements.

Okay....have to scoot. More work awaits. I took off yesterday and today in order to get the guest room ready for the painting help. It still stinks in there after days of drying and I just don't know how to get that smell out. Oye. Now the rest of the house will follow suit.

Later 'gators.
  #172   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-15, 11:47
Real food!

BF:

Oh, Blue, I do sympathize regarding all that painting and redecorating stuff. We just painted upstairs, in one room, last weekend. We're also in the midst of moving lots of things around. We bought a new TV, and we're playing TV do-si-do. The one from upstairs is now in the downstairs living room. The one from the downstairs living room is now in the downstairs bedroom. The new one is upstairs But, to make us all crazy, we decided to turn the upstairs office into the upstairs TV room and vice versa. So, we painted the office-turned-TV-room over the weekend and switched out all the furniture between the two. The new TV arrived Wednesday. The sound system for downstairs got hooked up Wednesday night (Lab's job.) The sound system for the new one got hooked up last night (Lab's job.) I also got all the network cable pulled and connections in place. Jim mounted some speakers to the wall, though, and held a flashlight for me. He doesn't "do" the modern hook ups. In all fairness, though, he did the worst part of the painting, so I can't complain too much about that part. And, he moved lots of heavy furniture. Amazing for a man who couldn't walk on his own a few short years ago! Today, the DirecTV (satellite dish) people are coming to install a Whole Home High Def DVR system with 4K capability (the new TV is 4K.) It's been a real mess in the house. I can't hardly wait to get my house back in order and enjoy the new set ups. Yeah...I do enjoy TV/movies/streaming content of various types, both audio and visual. It'll be nice, especially when winter comes.
  #173   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-15, 19:19

Plan: Keto
Stats: 204/157.0/138 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronchin
Thanks Lab!

LOL reading this your hubby is a brave man
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Sep-05-15, 06:00
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

Just a fly by for me. The guest room looks wonderful. Still stinks but looks great! Today...living room, dining room, hallways, foyer. The crew arrived last night and we're ready to go.

I had bourbon neat last night and wine with a keto friendly dinner. Up two pounds. I retain water like a sponge, especially with alcohol. I don't know if that was FYOB or Stupid Old Blue (SOB, ha!) but while I enjoyed it, I also am paying for it. Hmmmph. I'll work it off today maybe.

Gotta scoot.

Later 'gators.
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Sep-05-15, 07:03
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezyb7881
LOL reading this your hubby is a brave man

I know eh? sometimes just a smart a$$

Blue, hope you have a productive painting day and you get to enjoy your newly painted rooms.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone.
  #176   ^
Old Sat, Sep-05-15, 07:37

Stats: 204/157.0/138 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

good luck painting Blue and enjoy. sounds like a busy weekend but I'll bet there's lots of laughs. Nothing like a group to make a big job lighter. Good thing for this OE. It gives us so much energy and it lasts through out the day.
  #177   ^
Old Sat, Sep-05-15, 11:03
Real food!

BF:

Blue, my newly painted room was stinky for about 5 days or so after painting. It's better now, after a week. Opening the window helped. Glad it looks great!

Ladies...I dunno. My eating is certainly heads above what it was 5 years ago. But, it's far from perfect, and I don't know that I'll ever be as thin as I'd like. Sometimes, I am fine with that. Other times, not so much. I fast when I can and eat things I like otherwise. Seems to be where I'm at.

Anyway, outside of some cable management, the new set ups (TVs, sound systems, room changes) are pretty much done. Jim is doing cable management right now. I'm going to do upstairs later. It's been quite a week at work, and I just want to veg for a bit this morning. Listening to some Pandora over the new DirecTV box right now and surfing the 'net. Perfectly find with that!

Have a great day, Ronchin, Weezyb, Blue and whoever else happens upon the thread!
  #178   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-15, 08:03
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

Whew! Done (for now)! The guest room, living room, dining room, two hallways and the foyer are now painted. They look great and I'm pleased to have the hardest of the bunch behind us. Am I ever! Crawling around on the floor doing the cut work above the baseboards and climbing to work all around the doorways took a toll on my knees. Yow! Overall we came out unscathed. At least it looks finished. Before it was builder grade off-white everywhere.

I didn't lose diddly and gained instead but then again, I ate (and drank) off plan. Now that company has left and the house is not in a great upheaval, I'm back on plan. FYOB has left the newly decorated building. Ronchin scared her away.

Jimmy Moore is doing another n=1 with fasting. I'm going to have to backtrack and read about that. May be just what I need...if I can do it.

The gynecologist has suggested I take my low dose Premarin every other day to see how I do. A week later I find I have interrupted sleep with the off and on cover rumba. Not sure I like this much but will see if I adjust. I didn't adapt to a year and a half with no hormones and do not want to go back to that misery.

TGIT. I couldn't face a Monday.

Later 'gators.
  #179   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-15, 09:45

Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Hello Lab Rats!

I just got back from a wild and crazy extended weekend at Dragon Con Atlanta.

I.

Had.

So.

Much.

Fun!!!

Stayed busy, did a lot of stuff and pretty much stayed on plan.

Came home to being back down to 200.4 this morning!!! I think just relaxing into this, doing the best I can and not sweating it has been really helpful for me. I've concluded to like where ever I am in this journey and it feels good. If I go back up tomorrow or the next day? So, be it.

Ah, painting. That's the next item on the agenda for us. I want to wait until the new windows are installed and then it's the entire interior of the house that's getting an overhaul! I can't wait to jump into this because I'm excited to see the finished product! I'm hoping the windows will be installed within the next couple of weeks. The guy we've hired is finishing up on another job and hopes to be done pretty soon.

Our house has lots of wood paneling and it always seems so dark. I've decided to paint the sheet-rocked walls with a white that has only a hint of blue and then trim in bright white. I had been thinking to go very neutral, like a very light tannish color, but for selling I just feel that brightening up this place will go a long way. I know whoever buys the house will come in and repaint the way they want it so I'm really just hoping to show the potential this house has to be lively!

Happy day all!
  #180   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:21
Registered Member

BF:

Good morning!

Kathy, great to hear you had so much fun, and, as always, love your attitude. I aspire to adopt a similar mindset, while, at the same time, not using it as an excuse to throw in the towel....which is a balancing act for me.

Painting is in our future too. Kathy, you will absolutely love the light your renovations will bring. We took down dark wood panelling downstairs, put up drywall and painted a light colour, and, wow, what a difference.

Blue, ha, if you knew me, you would know I would have trouble scaring anyone, but I shall take the crdit, haha. I would be very interested in Jimmy Moore's fasting experience.......will have to check that out.

Does anyone hear from Lois, Zoo, Bambi, truman's mom,Liz,? Just wondering how they are all doing. A wave out to Sherri, Linda, Susan Lab.......hope you are all having a good day/week.

Unseasonably hot and muggy here.....but considering the cold and snow that's ahead, well, I will just shut up now.....

Off to look for Jimmy Moore......ciao for now.