Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-16, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF - My own rules
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default First 20 lbs!

This past week I finally hit my first 20 lbs lost. Although it took over 4 1/2 months, I have no complaints. I know from past weight loss efforts that I lose slow. In the past few months, I've lost several inches (will be getting a new body scan in a month to see total there...was 25 in July). I've seen so many strengths and improvement in my workouts. Lifting heavier weights, running faster, breathing better, etc. My clothing has dropped about 3 sizes. And my relationship with food has changed so much. It doesn't control me the way it used to. I am happier when I look in the mirror and can see all the physical changes that has happened over the past few months. I am back to work now and it is TOUGH but I've been back for 6 weeks and have still managed to transition well. Very very happy and grateful to finally have real control again. All is good!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-16, 19:11

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

way to go sara, your positive attitude is shining thru! breathing better is way good. we don't have to do a lot of things but breathing is way up there on the list of stuff that you should be able to do good. you made me happy today seeing someone grateful for change.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-16, 19:15

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Nice job, Sara! Keep it up and don't worry so much about the scale. As you're seeing, that is not the be all, end all.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-16, 21:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Well done, Sara. 20 lbs in 4 1/2 months is almost 5 pounds per month which is really great! That's not slow weight loss by any means. It does take time and it's healthy to lose at that rate.

So nice to hear you enjoying the non scale victories also, like, looser clothing, easier movement and gaining control. Congratulations. Keep up the good work because it's clearly paying off.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-16, 21:39

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Woohoo! Way to go, Sara! That is IMPRESSIVE!!! You have a GREAT attitude and you've got proven success!!! Glad your transition back to work was good- and you are in it for the long haul!
BRAVO!!
20 pounds is not light! Just lugged home a 20 pound bag of somethin' for the grain eaters here-It's HEAVY! No small feat.

Well done!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-16, 09:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Nicely done, Sara! And losing five/month while building muscle: no WONDER you are losing sizes so quickly. It took me that first 20 to lose ONE size!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 06:24
Registered Member

Plan: A'72
Stats: 170/170/135 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Way to go!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 06:43

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Congratulations!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 20:10
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

The good news is: the more you have to lose the faster the fat comes off the first time on LC!

Don't ever give up or stop the plan. I thought at one time; "Oh well I am invincible now, I can afford a few treats like nuts, dairy and dried fruit, eating out etc., several times a week" -- not!

If, after regaining the lost weight, getting older, or close to goal this LC plan gets harder, but it's still double with determination and the addition of intermittent fasting.

A full-length mirror: the best 'weight scale' there is IMO!

I was at Walmart earlier today for a grubstake. The full figure ladies, mother and daughter apparently, in front of me in line bought only processed carbs: crisps, donuts, canned biscuits, pastas, crackers and cookies. Perhaps their healthiest purchase was, two big bags of Apples?

I had my usual meats. My grocery bill, for two heavy bags, was less than theirs -- not including the possible medical bills?
It's just amazing what people will do to their bodies not having any idea of proper nutrition. Just eating for taste -- only eating what tastes good to them.
It's a national tragedy -- I had to hold my gob not to speak out, but I have seen this before so many times and it is just sickening

The line between being helpful and rude is very thin when it comes to diet.

Last edited by mike_d : Tue, Oct-04-16 at 20:54.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 20:43

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Excellent, Sara, and having the patience to work through this and get those results is the ultimate reward! You now know how to work this, and you know your approach is sound. Enjoy the journey!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-16, 13:27
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Got my 3rd body scan and have lost another 13 inches, making 38 inches gone in 6 months! Trying to tighten up the reins a bit more, but happy to be 1/3 of the way to my goal. Gotta get through the holiday season, but planning another scan the end of January, so that's some motivation Changes in clothing have been HUGE!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-16, 14:41

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Body scan? What's that?

Congratulations!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara9683
Thanks everyone for your kind words! Got my 3rd body scan and have lost another 13 inches, making 38 inches gone in 6 months! Trying to tighten up the reins a bit more, but happy to be 1/3 of the way to my goal. Gotta get through the holiday season, but planning another scan the end of January, so that's some motivation Changes in clothing have been HUGE!!!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-16, 06:42
Registered Member

BF:

body scan - 3D body scan done at my gym, that takes cool pictures and gives a detailed report of measurements, bf%, etc.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-16, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Insulin lowering
Stats: 144/134/122 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

That's so wonderful! And how motivating, to lose all those inches and sizes. Do you know what makes me feel good? When I soap up in the shower and I FEEL there's less of me to soap up! Then the scale and tape measure don't matter. I know I'm doing good. Keep up the victories and the GREAT attitude!