Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-12, 09:40

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Oh, I don't like beer Wish I did, it would be cheaper than the fruity stuff I like. Right now I like the Mikes Hard Fruity Lemonades, fresh out of them, good thing! I go months without drinking, then one day, I get a hankering and get a little loopy with it.

Thankfully, at 35, theres no peer pressure, but sometimes I'm tired of being different than everyone else. At home, I try to stick with a dry wine, and buy only a smaller bottle. I'm such a whine-o

Keep in mjnd, that hard liquore has its own store of problems. You will slow down weight loss with it. But, its a better option than the Fruity drinks. Beer isn't high carb, if you could keep it to a couple of drinks, that wouldn't be bad at all.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 02:14

Plan: Professor Charles Clark
Stats: 280/273/199 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
Beer isn't high carb, if you could keep it to a couple of drinks, that wouldn't be bad at all.

Unfortunately beer is high carb. It's basically liquid bread!!
There are around 13 carbs in a pint.

I did ok on Friday night... had a couple of pints, so kept within my carb limit. But things didn't go quite so well on Saturday night, and I did exceed my limit of 40 carbs a day. Nevermind, I am back at work now, after a cold chicken breakfast, and armed with pepperoni and cheese for lunch!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 05:38

BF:

Maybe the beer on the other side of the pond is higher carb? The lighter beers have 3-4 carbs in a bottle here.

One day at a time, personally, Id forgo the going out with friends and stay in, and stay away from the beer.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 06:04

BF:

Yeah, we don't do 'light' beer here... it's not real, and tastes awful!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 10:04

BF:

I wouldn't know, almost everyone here drinks light beer. Maybe thats why I don't like it? My BF doesn't drink often but he actually likes the taste of beer he will drink it with a meal if were eating out. I was surprised the first time I saw him do that, most men I've been around don't want to drink with a meal only after.

I can't say I fell off the wagon Sat but I did eat 4 cookies, i was doing a major baking expedition. Now I'm working on getting the sugar/water weight back off and Im PMSing, I just don't see it working together for a few days
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 21:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Tracy...its to early in your program to be drinking..it will absolutly slow down or at your stage of the program stop weight loss.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-12, 04:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmrickman
Tracy...its to early in your program to be drinking..it will absolutly slow down or at your stage of the program stop weight loss.

thanks for the advice, but... as I've said in other threads, giving up beer is not going to happen. Travelling around drinking real ale with my partner and friends is my life. All I can really do is cut back where I can (half pints instead of pints, perhaps?), and eliminate carbs from other areas of my diet. I'm never going to be a raving success story, but I'm just going to do what I can do.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-12, 05:23
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 216/208/130 Female 5.1
BF:ugh its everywhere

well done tracey blue, I love wine and beer, much rather lose slower and stay on track than give up things I love or jump off the wagon as I cant have what I want
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-12, 06:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latty29
well done tracey blue, I love wine and beer, much rather lose slower and stay on track than give up things I love or jump off the wagon as I cant have what I want

Thank you!
Yes... I wish I could dump all this weight in a hurry, but I would be miserable if I couldn't have the social life I want and do the things I like to do with my pals. So I will sacrifice the things that I *can* do without... bread, potatoes, sugar, pasta, rice, cakes... and try to make some progress that way. I haven't lost much weight... only 3 pounds in the last week, but I do actually *feel* better. I have more energy and feel less sluggish, so I know it's working. It's just going to be slow.