Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 16:45
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

HI! Dusti~~Cookie is a bred to death QH mare.10 now. A toddler can walk faster than her jog and her lope is alnost in place
www.cottonwoodequestriancenter.com is jodi.

JODI:
2/17/16: 160.4
2/18/16:158.6
2/19/16:155.2
#1 CN 2/28/16 Sunday

HELP NEEDED.... I had a bacon double cheeseburger no bun at McD's. that was a regular size and not the 1/4 pounder.The bacon was one slice in half.. I THINK there was an inch of tomato and one pickle chip.so not worrying about that! I hope someone here can get on the site(s) that can separate or figure out how many of what I ate !!! HELPPPPPPPpppp
I had them go on their site and it had 18g carb for the entire thing.. but fitDay had 38g carbs!!!! So, there is a big difference any ideas??? I am limited with this old crap here!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 20:07
Registered Member

BF:
Default Cns Chart

CRICKET:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 171.2
2.....2/10/16: 167.0
3.....2/11/16: 164.8
4.....2/12/16: 165.2
5.....2/13/16: 164.0
6.....2/14/16: 164.0
7.....2/15/16: 165.2
8.....2/16/16: 165.4
9.....2/17/16: 165.0
* CN...2/18/16: 164.0
DAY 1......2/19/16: 165.6

I want to track my weight and will post the inches as well for the month. I do not want to go week to week only but rather see the progress for the entire month.

I figure if anyone wants to do this too it can be C&P

HAVE a great night

oh... I just saw that sour cream and heavy cream are BOTH the same carb and fat grams and % per serving!! Never realized that.
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 07:49

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

PAULETTE:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 209.2
2.....2/10/16: 208.8
3.....2/11/16: 208.4
4.....2/12/16: 210.0
5.....2/13/16: 212.0
6.....2/14/16: 210.2
7.....2/15/16: 210.4
8.....2/16/16: 208.6
9.....2/17/16: 206.6
* CN...2/18/16: 207.4
DAY 1.....2/19/16: 209.6
2.....2/20/16: 208.6

I am posting my daily weights, too. Then I can see if there is actual progress at a glance. So far, I am down 1 lb from yesterday. And the KetoStix are showing a faint amount of color, so the glycogen IS being used up now. I hope by tomorrow I start seeing more of a purple color on them.

CRICKET - When you think of it, sour cream should be just cultured HWC, so the carbs should be exactly the same (about .5 per TBL), but I have seen some brands of sour cream that have thickeners in the ingredients, thereby raising the carb count. Which is why I only use DAISY brand which is pure cream only, with cultures. And you would think the culturing process would remove some of the carbs, but that is not calculated when they figure the Nutrition Facts... Regardless, I always record .5 carbs per TBL in my tracker.
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 09:02

BF:

I found a new food that I want to try. It is called House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti. According to the Nutrition Facts, a serving (half the bag) has 3 carbs, and 2 of them are fiber. Being as I am now starting to do net carbs, I thought I would give it a try.

I read conflicting reports on this stuff as to how it tastes. I guess you must rinse and soak them first, and simmer them for a while to rid them of the "fishy" taste/smell. And some say they are a great replacement for real spaghetti. Some say they are rubbery.

I am going to try them and use them with shrimp. I am going to mix in a little cream cheese and lemon juice. If they are OK, I will let you all know. If not, then whatever.

Has anyone else out there ever used these? If so, what is your opinion? I never ventured into something like this in the past. So I am very curious about them.
  #110   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 09:18
Registered Member

BF:

GM
PAULETTIE~~ great to post the stuff I USE DAISY TOO great minds DO think alike For the record....you will have to really impress with oooos and ahhha about TUFU anything LOL!

Remember that according to THE BOOK ( sigh) color makes no difference in the stix...I really was the person that barely shoed more than trace when dropping that ton of weight. Istill barely register..and Jodi si dark maroon while not losing or gaining on the scale.. so.. like you I AM using the stx but do not care what shade...the very early hours after CN I was in ketosis..then ot.. now maybe one ketone floating around there

TOday I will enjoy munching on celery with chream cheese, the ever present Six Star Whey Isolate one serving, and then much later mushroom and scallions in a shreded cheese omlette w/2 eggs..done in bacon grease....dinner is a small 3 oz miniute steak, sautee scallions and mushrooms in butter, add 1 TBL reduced carb ketchup to make a sauce.
I beleive the fats and proteins are ok but will put in my tracker.
Forgot Jodi's user and pw for the tracker so i hope she remembrs it!

I am down 0.4 this morning. Still a sponge and GI has slowed to an almost halt for 2 days now..

Weather is gorgeous and I will go for walk through the grove and give Cookie a spa day
CRICKET:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 171.2
2.....2/10/16: 167.0
3.....2/11/16: 164.8
4.....2/12/16: 165.2
5.....2/13/16: 164.0
6.....2/14/16: 164.0
7.....2/15/16: 165.2
8.....2/16/16: 165.4
9.....2/17/16: 165.0
* CN...2/18/16: 164.0
DAY 1......2/19/16: 165.6
DAY 2......2/20/16: 165.2
  #111   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 09:50

BF:

I just finished my lunch of shrimp with cream cheese and Shirataki Spaghetti. It was actually GOOD. It certainly had a different texture. It was rather chewy/slippery, but I could twirl it around my fork like thin spaghetti and with the cream cheese sauce it tasted like shrimp alfredo in a way.

I did rinse well and simmer first, but since I cooked it with shrimp, I could not tell if it in itself tasted fishy or not. The whole process took not more than a few minutes to make this lunch.

I will definitely be making this again. It was filling and quite satisfying. Next time I am going to grate a bit of parmesan cheese on top to make it even more Alfredo-like.

Later this afternoon I will be having eggs with a sausage patty. I am making a new batch of yogurt and have about 1/4 cup left from the last batch, so I will make a yogurt shake with my almond milk for a snack tonight. Maybe my protein powder will come today so I can add a bit of that to it. Good plan and only 13 net carbs for the day.
  #112   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 11:53
Registered Member

BF:

CHEF PAULETTE Sounds good.Of course we allknow that I will never make it LOL.. but If I ever visit, I would enjoy it

Have not had anything yet (noon).. just not at all hungry in the least..at least the GI motility is +

No omlette for me.. will just go to having 2 frozen burger patties..and the sauces w/ shrooms on top. Carbs and fats and proteins all good.WIll have tea and HC later. and the celery and Cr Cheese snack tonight I guess.
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 12:10

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

The canned tomatoes were 3 NC per 1/2 cup. Since that's all I really ate I'm not concerned. I don't eat them on a regular basis.

Today was my weigh in and I'm down again. Slow and steady and feeling great!

Just finished having 2 scrambled eggs cooking in bacon grease and topped with butter and sugar free ketchup. Drinking water now and holding off to eat again until the start of my CN. I will start around 4 as I have to leave for church shortly after that and won't be back until 6. I sing with my choir about 3x/week. Going out for supper to a new Scottish pub. Not sure what I'll have. I plan to finish off the night with a Cadbury Easter Creme Egg McFlurry from McD's along with some one bite brownies with whipped cream. We may also be going to a movie, so there will be popcorn too.

As I've said before, I don't counter, measure, weigh or otherwise track my food. If I start gaining for a couple weeks in a row then maybe I'll reconsider. Until then I will continue the way I always have.
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 12:21

BF:

Happy Carb Nite Lianne!!!
  #115   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 14:29
Registered Member

BF:

YEA CN LIANNE ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY I am going to drive everyone stark raving mad here ( everywhere )
Eggs are nice..sing like an angel ..never heard of your special treat... sounds good though ...PAULETTE & I would die if we did not track etc.I do not have weeks to guess these things and have to do it like Paulette. I am having a pretty rough time trying to ignore calories! I know KIEFER keeps stresing not to count calories but I have to think it does matter.Basics are still the same, so if I have less then I lose more fat. Your calories sound to be on the very reasonable side to me, and the carbs etc are as well.
Next Cn is already been in the works and I have changed it with every thought! Now i am onto the cold cereal thinking.. the FARINA with the butter and later if hungry first spike's Lucky Charms..it sounded TOOOOO good with a banana

DInner is still the pizza and brownie cookie..all of it! and then an orange for dessert.

WHich leads me to this question: PAULETTE.. HOW did you fare with the BS? Last I heard or read you were hoping it went down by 5pm. You are so up about this that I figure it went well???? fingers crossed!
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 17:02

BF:

CRICKET - My BS was high all day of the CN and had to inject insulin a few times. My BS was high the morning after CN, but it went back down without further isulin - by 4pm it was normal. This morning it was high again, but I just tested again and it is normal.

I am like you with the tracking and calorie counting. I do try to keep it under control and I also believe keeping a deficit is necessary. On CN I did not really care and the cals were double my norm, like you. But that is what we are supposed to do in order to fool our bodies. Today is a very low cal day for me at only 1082 - mostly because I had shrimp, which is very low calorie. I choose not to bump it up for the sake of hitting a particular number. That seems unnecessary. Tomorrow may be a 1300 cal day, so it balances out.

I thought that the sample meal plans laid out in the book seemed to be a lot of calories. The ones for those "under 150 lbs" were closer in line to what I prefer to eat. I thought the higher calorie menus were WAY too much food. I could never eat that much. Maybe a man who is active would do well on those menus, but as a middle-aged, sedentary woman, I must be realistic. I simply do not need that much food to exist.

According to KetoCalculator, the BMR for my goal weight is 1458 with a daily caloric expenditure of 1604. I figure as long as I eat below that I should continue to lose weight and eventually reach my goal. Seems logical. But we all know how this is not as simple as it seems. Perhaps sticking to between 1100-1400 cals a day for 2 years really has brought on the "starvation response" and thus caused my stall in the first place. Regardless, I try to stay around that amount. I feel comfortable at that range and rarely feel the need to eat much more! If this CNS proves to work like it claims, and I see myself starting to shed fat again, then I will surely need to add more calories once I hit goal to maintain. It will probably take a very long time to find the magic number.

By the way, I listened to a podcast the other day by Keifer where he mentioned it is NOT necessary to quit the CNS after 6 months to give your body a break. When he wrote the book, he believed that was necessary, but now he changed his beliefs. He said the CNS can be followed as a lifestyle diet. I like that idea. I am nervous about adding carbs into my daily diet. I much prefer to keep them out of my life, and only indulge one day a week. Makes sense to me.
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 17:03

BF:

P.S. Lucky Charms! Ed just happens to have a box of them! Maybe next week I will have to sample them!
  #118   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 18:15
Registered Member

BF:

WELL, we can enjoy the CHARMS together! I thought I already mentioned that the new book stated no limit of time on the CNS.. no 6 mos max before a month off..that makes a lot of sense to me.
SO, is the increased BS OK? Of you can control it and it comes into range then it looks like a green light! YEA

HEY.. about that ketocalc....I put my data in and the numbers are unliveable. No activity...20nc...my ranges are stupid. My BMR is 1153 Kcal....daily expend..1269Kcal... my caloric intake to them is anywhere from 300+ to 681 Kcal.... HUH????
SO. be my guest and tell me what I doing wrong. The macros are fine but the calories are welll.. maybe for GHANDI on a fast!

I am doing what is sane. under 1,000 is great... no more than 1100 once in a while and go for broke on CN... fats are double% than Prot/ and that is the best I can deal with.

I do go to the CN site and they stress the importance of tracking the way we do. AND the macros are he same as we strive for...so that did not change at least. If I do not track I cannot change what is not working. I want this steroid induced weight gain off YESTERDAY! and I am hopefull that I can remain on this plan. I frakly cannot see going back to never off induction type menus again. If I go on a bender it is not controlled and I am in trouble so this is the greatest thing since ( pardon me) sliced white bread! LOL

Wish I did not have to go so long between CN again and Jodi will be more than 10 days. I am hoping we leave here Thrsday morning and return friday night. Even early Sat.AM will be on CN that afternoon and nite.We will see. Depends on how well the packing goes at widow's!
have agrat nite and see you tomorrow..hopefully lighter.I am still so water logged in the mornings.
  #119   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 18:18
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

As some of you already know, I've been experimenting for a year with IF (Intermittent Fasting) and it helped me break my previous plateau. Naturally, I hit another one (plateau,) which is what led me here. I also started the ULC portion of CNS. Today would have been my first CN.

I decided to go with a different plan, the Every Other Day Diet, but customized to make the "diet day" a "fast day." This should keep my body tres' off balance.

If it doesn't work for me, I'll be tweaking it some more, and I'll stop in on this thread every once in a while to see what's happening.

Good luck to all of us.
g

Last edited by bluesinger : Sat, Feb-20-16 at 18:26.
  #120   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 20:40
Registered Member

BF:

good luck Glenda. I know you have tried a lot of different plans and eventually you will come upon one that is just right for you. This will remain a strong CNS thread so we all can compare the same experiences. WE are optomisitc that this will continue to work and is in fact designed to eleminate those stalls. Cannot see how there can be any. Always something for everyone
Closed Thread