Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-07-13, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:
Default 2 lowcarb days per week?

has anyone heard about the latest plan; 2 very low(20)carb days a week, then following a moderate plan, 60 to 100 carbs? supposedly you lose more weight by changing things around so the body doesnt get used to a set pattern.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-13, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD / Fast 5
Stats: 293/163/163 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiedo
has anyone heard about the latest plan; 2 very low(20)carb days a week, then following a moderate plan, 60 to 100 carbs? supposedly you lose more weight by changing things around so the body doesnt get used to a set pattern.
this sounds a bit like the 2 Day Diet, by Harvie. i started this yesterday. i'm awaiting the arrival of the book in the mail, but the main gist is 2 back-to-back almost no carb days, with 5 moderate days. no calorie restriction!

basically, on those two days, you can eat all the meat/eggs that'll satisfy you, and on the 5 days, you can eat what your body typically burns. she mentions 1800 calories. of course, for those of us that have been dieting awhile, it may be less.

i'm very excited about this diet. it sounds like something that could actually be enjoyable for now and in the long term.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-13, 09:05
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power and CAD
Stats: 287.5/199/187 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

This definitely sounds interesting. I started losing weight with Weight Watchers and lost 10 lbs in the first week and a half so my body can definitely let go of weight with lower calories as well as lower carbs. So this 2 day low carb and 5 day low calories may be right up my alley.

I have already changed up things a bit in the last week by intermittent fasting and am still losing about 3 to 5 lbs a week. So maybe I will give this a try too. I am going to continue the 2 day a week fasting at least through September and see if it results in a greater weight loss total for the month. If it doesn't this sounds like my next eating plan
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-13, 10:32

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

One of the major benefits of low carb is that it lowers your blood sugar and your insulin response and allows better access to stored fat. If you are insulin resistant, it can make all the difference between losing and maintaining (or gaining).

If you are insulin resistant, eating low carb for two days, lowering insulin response, then eating higher carb again may leave you with high blood sugar following then low carb days, and possibly reactive hypoglycemia as your body adjusts to different carb and insulin loads.

If you are relying on ketosis for weight loss, cycling between high and low carb could leave you in a situation of constant adjustment (aka Atkins flu) - ugh.

Myself I find I lose best if I eat in a consistent manner. I used to be insulin resistant but after nearly 10 years of lower carb, my insulin is now in the low normal range.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-13, 11:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

I personally cant see the point! I like keeping my carbs under 20g most of the time. It keeps me on the straight and narrow and I enjoy what I eat. Each to his own I guess

Jo xxxx
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-13, 06:01
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD / Fast 5
Stats: 293/163/163 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

definitely to each her own. i vary my carb intake dramatically. i've found that it has served me well. i do better varying it because i like to have my cake and eat it, too. lol