Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 19:15

Plan: CAD
Stats: 110/110/100 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 28/05/04 Friday CAD/CALP Daily Support

Good morning all!!

Yes, im from Singapore and if any of you ever come for a visit, i'll bring you around, show you where to get the best bargains and most of all..GOOD FOOD!! GOOD GLORIOUS CHINESE FOOD!! Not all the restuarants here add MSG to their dishes.. im someone who's really sensitive to that stuff.. a slight dose and my heart will start palpitating and i'll start to get headache.. so i know.. you've got an excellent MSG QC officer to screen all your dishes here!

Willbthin: I know how you feel, i get this unbelievable urge too when i see my sis (who's as thin as a reed) scooping mouthfuls of rice, chomping them down and digging into the delicious buns which my mum always make with flour and pork.. she loves waffles and thats why we've got an unlimited supply in the cupboard..(my downfall) someone will stock it up when they run low.. thats why i prefer to be out shopping then stay at home.. i mean i LOVE my family to bits but its a bit too overwhelming to be there when everybody's eating normally.. and CONGRATS to your loss!

And thanks for your suggestions Diane, looks like ive got to increase my protein intake..

One last thing, last saturday, i didnt take my breakfast..just had a cup of coffee with milk then head down to the gym for my classes.. i did an hour, took a break and did 2 more hours.. the funny thing is, i dont feel hungry at all.. why is that so? after that, i had a large early dinner or late lunch (around 4pm) which consisted of mainly carbs.. then i head home and had an equally large meal.. mostly carbs too.. i tot my scale would go up but it didnt and i dont quite have that urge to binge..

should i just have a meal a day?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 04:09

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Quick hi....weight is back down to 147.5 today, yippee! Lesson learned, blizzard ice cream treats are a no-no

Shepherd-Some people do better on less meals. I get weak less than 3, but 3 seems to be perfect for me. YMMV.

Have a good one!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 06:44

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Sherperd29 I LOVE chinese food and I bet the no msg is wonderful!!!! We have one resturant here but it really is salty and I KNOW it has msg...not alot of variety either.

wtg Wendy! I am looking for a little loss too...weighed this morning after a bad 4days of vacation eating.
I just want to beat myself up because cad CAN be done on vacation but I started with a continental breakfast everyday and it just went down throughout the day. (absoulutely NO protein at the breakfast..) I ate it to save money but how stupid is that???? Now I feel like spending 15$ on trimspa at the store...I am not going to though. Kind of sound like a fiber supplement to me.

Today is day one! * I CAN DO IT*
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 06:58

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning,

Not a good morning for me scale wise.Up a lb this morning. When I got home last night DH was up to his elbows with his truck and not in the best of moods. We were going to have roast beef sub sandwiches, and I was going to have a nice big salad and some veggies. Turned out I just had the sub and no salad or veggies. Not balanced at all. I ate way too much bread and it showed this morning. I will do better tonight. At least I didn't have any cravings.

Shep, I know some people only eat once a day. Heck, that is how Rachael Heller lost all of her weight. Some people only eat 1 CM and 1 RM. I usually eat 2 CM's and 1 RM. Whatever makes you feel the best is what you should do. You don't have to stick with the same thing everyday either. If one day you feel like eating the CM's do it, if not just have your RM.

Wendy. Great on the loss. I can imagine those Blizzards hanging on for dear life. I have never had one, but my Dad thinks they are the greatest. It can be so maddening to have something this good for your RM and than see a gain. It should be legal because it is your RM, but some things we can eat with no problem and other times we can't. I guess we learn the hard way.

I know the list will be slow for the week-end since a lot of people will be gone. Have a great Memorial Week-end.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 07:29
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I don't know what was going on yesterday- maybe the moon or something- that we had problems. I did a dinner that was so off plan. It was a work related restaurant dinner that started at 6:30. I held off until 7 to have the gorgeous shrimp appetizer that was served buffet style on the table, as we were just sitting down and the menu was set, so no ordering other than fish or steak. Got the salad pretty quick- but no dinner for more than an hour! I knew I was off plan, decided "what the hell" and had the whole dinner including dessert. Boy, did I feel lousy at 3am when I woke up STARVING! That 60min limit is there for a reason.
So, back on plan today. I'm cutting myself some slack as we are all human and that's that.
Looking forward to the weekend-
Happy CADing-
E
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 09:15
Registered Member

Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

The scale went down another 1/2 pound this morning

I need some good CM breakfast ideas. So far I have eaten bacon and eggs everyday this week...a bowl of cereal is so much easier to make and clean up after! BUT, I did buy cream for the scrambled eggs so I no longer have to worry about the 1% milk issue.

Have a good day everyone!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 10:02
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Hi Can you eat meat? I take left over meat from my dinner (I plan for leftovers) and cut them into small bit size pieces and add my favorite seasonings. Since no one in my home likes curry that's one of the spices, and fajita is another. I have also sprinkled in parm cheese, a low carb dressing, etc. I eat the tidbits cold. No heating. For some reason this feels like breakfast to me. I only eat an ounce or two (at the most).
Oh a non-meat thing, is celery with cream cheese or a low carb peanut butter.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 10:32

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Breakfast ideas...

Hi, everybody~! And a happy "going into Memorial Day" weekend to all.

All4Morgan, re breakfast ideas... It's a query almost everyone makes at some point or other, since bacon and eggs can get tiresome after a while. I have a suggestion, but it's to try on a Sunday or whenever you have the time to experiment. Once you've done that--and if you like the result--you can make and freeze the breakfasts to use when you get bored.

You'll need a small nonstick fry pan/skillet, Pam or nonstick olive oil spray, olive oil or butter (whichever you prefer), eggs or egg whites (depending upon your preference[s]), and stuffings of your choice--cream cheese, diced shrimp + mayo, mini chicken chunks + mayo, salmon or smoked salmon, tuna + mayo...you get the idea.

Spray the pan and then add enough olive oil/butter to make an even coating. Place on stove on medium fire to get hot. Meantime, scramble 2-3 eggs and add a little water to thin, or mix together 3-4 egg whites. When the skillet is really hot, pour in a small amount of egg liquid and swirl around to evenly coat the full perimeter/circumference of the pan; return/pour out any excess back to bowl with egg mixture. Place skillet back on heat and cook till you see the outer undersides of the egg mixture start to curl up. When it seems thoroughly cooked, take pan off fire and turn pan over a plate or cutting board, tapping or thumping to dislodge the egg round--which will come out looking like a crepe.

Go back to stove, add more oil to pan, heat, then repeat entire process. When you're through making all the egg crepes, they can be stuffed. Place a small amount of stuffing toward the end of one crepe, then fold over the sides and roll down--the way any crepe is stuffed. Enjoy!

If you like this, make enough to freeze in batches, You can pull them out when you're bored and enjoy them for breakfast.

Happy holiday, everyone!

Best, Sona
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 10:51

Stats: 220/218/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:?
Progress: 2%
Hi Karen!

I feel for you and your vacation woes . I am dreading the same thing. DH and I will most likely be going to South Africa for his job (Johannesburg specifically) in a few months for 6 wks.!!! I've read that meat is eaten quite a bit there but have no idea what other types of food I'll be encountering. It's a scary thought that I'll probably be living off of room service for most meals also while DH is at work. I hear ya on the continental breakfast . I'll just have to hope for the best in choices when I get there!

Happy Holidays everybody and enjoy your weekend!

Ali
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 13:10

BF:

Hi all4morgan,

Congrats on the loss.

I know I get very tired of the same old eggs every morning. The recipe that Sona gave you for the crepes is really good. I sometimes will make one up and stuff it with taco meat and fold it like a taco. You can add all the trimmings too if you want. The crepes are wonderul and you can do so much with them.

Another thing that I really like is the Spicy Spniach Quiche. I don't have the recipe here at work, but when I get home I will send it. You can cut it into sections and freeze it or even cook it in the muffin papers and pop in the micro
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 20:33

Plan: My own
Stats: 210/180/165 Female 71.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi! I've been lurking for several months, and I thought I'd join in. I'm really happy to see the new daily thread in CAD. I re-started today. I've been doing CAD/CALP and occasionally Atkins for quite a while, and I've succeeded in gaining weight. It's not that I gain weight on CAD. It's just that I get so frustrated at not understanding it, that I have occasional pity parties. But really, the main gains have been during the So CA fires, over Christmas, and recently, on a trip to Hawaii. Anyway, I so want CAD to work that I'm giving it another try.

Also I seem to lose more on CAD than on Atkins, and it's a lot more fun!

I also feel that it takes dedication - and I have DEFINITELY seen some dedication on these threads and in the journals! It's a matter of finding out what's individually right for each of us, and sticking with it till we can find our own way.

I'm happy to join you! (finally)
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 21:28

BF:

Welcme Katielou

I am so happy that you are joining us. CAD/CALP is such a livable plan. If you have any quesitons, please just ask. I am sure someone will know the answer.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 00:24
Registered Member

Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Thanks for the recipes, crepes is a great idea.

But I cheated today and then I blew it big time and I have only started this program on Monday So my 1 pound loss is probably gone. I will skip my RM meal tomorrow and maybe that will even it out.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 07:19

BF:

Hi all4morgan

Don't beat yourself up about your cheat. It happens and you just need to get on with the plan. NO, do not skip your RM. Just start fresh again. That one lb that you gain will come back off again.

Hang in there. It takes time to get use to CAD and get your body in balance.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:45

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

all4 yes pelas don't skip the rm. This plan will work the way it is without having to be more strict when we blow it. that is like a punishment. Also 1lb can be water weight and it will come back off. The real important weight loss happens slowly and steadily. This plan is soooo livable if we only plan and keep going....YOU CAN DO IT mess up or not. We all mess up and just have to start over at the next meal.

Have a GREAT Day EVERYONE