Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:38

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Wendy:
Delighted to have you back. I've missed you. So glad you have found your niche in the world of WOEs

Dawn:
The trucker story was skeee-rrrreee. So glad you reported this guy and the company actually did take it seriously. Hope this fellow finds another profession as he just doesn't seem to be cut out for trucking....

Thanks for the morning laugh - and snot joke.

Ellie:
Glad to to hear TOM has stopped being a pain. Your menus look fantastic. 94 F ????? I'd be roasting, but I guess your humidity is real low.

Songberrie:
Wow - 40 lbs!!!!! Congrats to you.

Paris:
Hope you are doing OK - check in with us.

Robin:
How are things going for you today?

Bawdy:
Are planning to be a CAD? {sorry, I couldn't resist} .

Michele: (acipenser)
Your an official member - you've started the thread

Did you make it back to the gym?

Kat-
Know you are enjoying the great weather

Wish the "I hate Ice Cream" diet worked that well for me...

Lizette:
Glad to see you posting - hope we hear more from you when the calving season is over - shall we send Bawdy over to help out

Unity: Happy Birthday

Eightc
Hope you are having a better day today - I have days when all I want to do is eat as well - I drink a lot of water on those days - it helps me. I know you are ready for spring - hope you get a few warm days to tie you over until it arrives.

Nelson:
Welcome to the thread - You sound a lot like I feel some days. My weight was inching down for quite a while. I lowered my calorie intake (to between 8 - 9.5 calories per pound) to get it down a bit for the hiking season and it did work, but it has been tough.

You mention measurements have not changed, but weight has increased slightly. It is possible you are putting on muscle mass. I mention this because I appear to be do this. I have keep a journal for years - and it contains references to events for which I have pictures. I wore a dress to a funeral on Sunday that I wore to my husband's mother's funeral several years ago - I weighed 155 lbs when I wore that dress years ago - today I weigh 172 lbs. This seems impossible, but the dress fit.

During this process, my bust-waist-hip measurements were not changing much - but my upper legs, upper arms, calves were - and the 'pouch' between my waist and hip measuring area was getting smaller.

Elaine-
So good top see messages from you - keeping you in my prayers

Kat-
Know you are enjoying the great weather

Wish the "I hate Ice Cream" diet worked that well for me...

OK group - here's the plan - first we go to Joisey to hunt down the missing Yeti and then we swing up to Canada to search for Marnie. Who's going with me?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 13:07

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi all, been busy at work and getting ready for surgery next Thurs. Yikes!!!

Man, I wish that Breyer's diet worked for me. That's what I crave. Tried some Ben and Jerry's Carb Karma, thought the taste was kind of flat.I like Edy's No sugar added. I like the breyer's carb smart but I seem to not be able to stop eating it.

Had actual pizza for lunch yesterday. Went out with some friends for lunch. Had not had any real pizza for MONTHS. I enjoyed every bite!
Going to spend part of the weekend cooking and freezing meals for the next few weeks after surgery. (can't cook THAT much, I only have a regular apt size freezer )

I've been tinkering with my meds-taking 1 1/2 synthroid pills and using 2 estradiol patches instead of the one twice a week since nonstickpam said my levels looked really low. I feel a little better, a little less achy and tired. After my surgery, I have an appt with one of the about-thyroid.com's "Top Docs" and will see about permanently raising the dosages on both. They both go off the same receptor site in the body. That Pam knows her stuff!!!!

Just to relax before surgery, I was watching Stephen King's "Kingdom Hospital"

Thank you for all the prayers, they are most welcome and comforting.

Dawn, that trucker story was something else.Glad you are ok.

Lissette, get out there and show those cows who's boss Well, at least get out there

Hi Bawdy, Orang, Ellie, our long lost Wendy, acipenser,blu, Nelson, Songberrie and anyone I neglected to mention!