Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 16:02

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 243/216/105
BF:
Progress: 20%
Cool I, Jessica

totally understand about hating exercise!!!!!!!!!! First of all, I work so much when I'm not working I just want to relax or I always have things to do that have to be done. My schedule HAS to be Modified. There's just no excuse. But I will do it.

And I was the one who mentioned Water Aerobics, Yes I swear by it because I have a real bad Knee and I can't move around like normal people. Walking is an effort. Water Aerobics is easier on my joints...................

Talk 2 u soon!!!!!!!!

Jessica
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 20:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey Jess and the other gals replying to this post

So how was your weekend:? I went to a ladies night out PJ party at one of the motels where I live. WOW what a blast!!! Now I knew I had to be prepared cause I wasnt sure what kinda snacks they would supply so I came armed with fried chicken..lol. They had lots of chips and cracker type things and they also had a plate of veggies and dip. A few of them saw me wolfing down the chicken and veggies but all they had were strickly the veggies and so they asked" how on earth do U stay so slim eating all that fried chicken?" WEEEELLLLLL..... So I told them how I eat low carbs. They were fascinated and im sure I converted a few ladies that night..lol Anyway thats about it here for now. Will check back tommorrow. Peace Out!
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 21:00

BF:
Wink HA HA!!!!!!

Well, weekend was good, worked alot and all. I go through that too, I'll be stuffing my face with steaks, eggs, bacon, chicken, ect....... and people around me wonder how I could be possibly losing weight eating like that!!!!!!!!!!!

glad your weekend was good Gwil, I'll talk 2 you tomorrow hon.

lUv,
JESSICA
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 01:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Hi everyone.

I hate exercise too...but I found something that is not harmful...or hurtful and does not leave me feeling like I am going to have a heart attack...and...the best part...I only have to do it 2 times a week. It has really started taking the inches off...I am just amazed...in just a couple of weeks, I have lost mega..[Don't know for sure how many..cuz I'm scared to see the numbers]...but anyhow...if you are interested...Buy the book...Strong Women Stay Young. When you look at it...you might think it is only for women over 40...but it isn't...and it is a real good way to start. I have so much more energy...really. I have the nasty Smoking habit...so it is good for me...because it doesn't leave me breathless. And....it is done in the privacy of my own home...so I don't have to be embarrassed at a gym...and it is relatively inexpensive...so...anyhow...just thought that I would through that out there.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 01:45

Hi everyone.

I hate exercise too...but I found something that is not harmful...or hurtful and does not leave me feeling like I am going to have a heart attack...and...the best part...I only have to do it 2 times a week. It has really started taking the inches off...I am just amazed...in just a couple of weeks, I have lost mega..[Don't know for sure how many..cuz I'm scared to see the numbers]...but anyhow...if you are interested...Buy the book...Strong Women Stay Young. When you look at it...you might think it is only for women over 40...but it isn't...and it is a real good way to start. I have so much more energy...really. I have the nasty Smoking habit...so it is good for me...because it doesn't leave me breathless. And....it is done in the privacy of my own home...so I don't have to be embarrassed at a gym...and it is relatively inexpensive...so...anyhow...just thought that I would throw that out there.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 01:47

oops
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 09:43

BF:
Default morning Jess and Lilwannabe

good to hear your weekend was good Jess. Did u go out and do anything? Thanks for the info Lil' there are a lot of books I want to get. I am lucky cause I pushed myself to exercise [ Im a smoker too so I understand" but it has paid off. Because I have fibromyalgia Im never sureif my muscle pain is from that or just actually working out too much but so far I havent caused any damage..lol...oh and U know Jess we will have to start a new post soon cause this one is gonna run out. I wish we could email directly or how does this buddy list thing work? I put U on mine but I dunno what to do from there..lol
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 13:27

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up Hi Jessica!!

Hi there Jessica.... I'm fairly new to this site but I love it too!! So much info. I read some of your replies to my threads and read your journal. I AM YOU... YOU R ME!! hahaha! I've been low carbing (Atkins) x 1 month with my fiance. It gets frustrating because he can even cheat and still lose the weight. His stix R still dark purple after having a "bad carb" day and if I slip up I'm either at trace or negative... frustrating!! I too love food... too much but I do feel soooo much better low carbing. Right now I've had a really bad week... fell off the diet totally and got carb crazy. Oh welll. Back to phase 1 ... tomorrow is a new day. I did this diet 2 yrs ago and lost 30lbs in 2-3 months! It was great!! I do get really creative cooking wise so we rarely get bored on this diet... I make a killer hazelnut cheese cake.... virtually carb free! and have fun preparing meals. Keep up the good work! Just one question.... do you or have you been exercising the whole time? I find I feel like the wt comes off faster ( ie I feel lighter) while I exercise on the plan. I need to get back into the gym as well as I have not been in a couple of weeks. Again..keep up the great work and try not to feel tooo badly if you do fall of the wagon once in a while... we're all human!! Jo.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 19:38

BF:
Wink DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwil why is this thread gonna run out????????? That sucks eggs!!!! I didn't do much over the weekend but work and went Car Shopping. That is a Nightmare in it's self!!!!!!

Email me anytime, it's
MocaClit~Yahoo.com

I don't really understand the Buddy thing either.

LowCarbJo: Hellllllllllooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! How r ya hon? Just be patient, men seem to be luckier with Metabolisim. All my male Coworkers look like toothpicks and eat like Gorrillas!!!

I love this place, I love u all*************

Your right LowCarbJo, we are only Human, (that's our weakness!) ha ha Talk 2 u soon Keep up the Grrrrrreat Work.

Jessica

email me anytime

MocaClit~Yahoo.com
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 09:12

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Talking Inspiration to me!!

GREAT START!!!

Hi! I am just starting today and I looked over your introduction - it sounds great. I helps to know that others are out there. Okay, experienced one, any tips for me a newbie on day one??

Was it hard getting started and what did you eat - I guess a menu suggestion is what I am asking for. Did you snack and if so, what did you eat?

Anything helpful would be great or mistakes or suggestions or whatever. I gotta be a winner.....

P

P.S. How do you people get all those cute pictures on your replies? I am new to the board too!!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 20:44

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up message to: A thin me

Hello!!!! It can be really trying the first few days but it isn't too hard to be creative. For instance my fiance and I eat the following items: Breakfast: bacon, omlets with ham and cheese (very filling)
Lunch: a salad (chefs with egg, turkey,etc) or greek salad( easy on the onions and tomato) , roasted chicken ( can also go on the salad) Supper: steak, ceasar salad, prawns with garlic butter, or any various type of meat with a salad, or green beans with garlic butter . Need to watch carb grams.
Snacks: nuts, celary sticks with cheese, lettuce leaf covered with cream cheese and slices of ham all rolled together, pork rinds with a low carb (usually home made) dip.
A dessert treat: Diet Jello with a dollop of whipped cream, I make my own cheese cake using crushed hazel nuts as a base and using cocoa sweetened with stevia drizzled on top, or a few bites of a chocolate protein bar(out of the fridge is the best) with a cup of coffee( decaf). These are only a FEW items we enjoy and have success on the diet. Hope this helps!! It takes patience and will power, plus this site is a God send!!! Lots of info, recipies and support!! GOOD LUCK and keep in touch!!
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 21:50

BF:
Talking welcome a thin me!!!!!!!!!!!!

heeeeeeeeeelllloooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cute Icon can be found in the "Edit Options" section at the Main Menu. The Cute Faces are on the side, just hit "Get More" and if that doesn't work click the Bar on the Bottom of your page, it likes hanging out there once you've used it!!!!!!!!!

CREATIVITY: It's a must in this dieting way of life. Just try to rotate your meals so u don't get bored easy. LowcarbJo has some great ideas, my diet is very similiar. i love Macadamia nuts or the Atkins Bars for in between meals so i don't get so hungry where i'm tempted to eat the "forbiddian" things!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE ALLREADY A WINNER A THIN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have taken the most important step and that is to jump on the Low Carb Bandwagon. YEAH!!!!!!!!

Yes, in the Beginning it IS hard but take it one day at a time, as cliche' as that may sound it is sooooooooooo true!!!!!!

Good Luck and Welcome, you'll love everyone here.

jESSICA
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 09:37

BF:
Default hi Jess

Just wanted to say I mailed your addy but not sure if U got it. Just let me know..lol
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 13:44

Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Hi there

Hello there I am Sabrina and I have just gotten done with reading your post. I must say that you are doing wonderful and please,please keep up the fantastic work. I have to agree with you in the sense that I am the same way you are when I am depressed or have relationship problems, I too tend to want to eat. But you know after I would do that I would feel twice as bad for doing it. So now I get on the board and type. It's another way for you to get your feelings out. There are some of us that are here for you when theres other things bothering you besides your WOE. Hope everything is going good for you now. Good luck and HANG IN THERE!!!!! I would like my weight to come off faster but that's life. We need to sacrifice. Because in the end we'll be glad we stuck in there and can share our stories with other newbies.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 19:12

BF:
Wink SO SO TRUE SABRINA^^^^^^^^^

You know as much as you guys will hear me vent about wanting to pig out on carbs and Junk Food, i ONLY KNOW i'LL REGRET IT AFTERWARDS!!!!!!!

So, I Jessica will make a commitment to a Low Crab Lifestyle, NOT JUST A DIET, and promise to uphold my end of the Bargain and get to my desired Goal weight of 105 pounds. Yeah!!!!

I WILL be one of those in the Sucess Stories Section just like LC Sponge. Did you guys catch her pics,????? She looks HOT!!!!!! We can all do it.

Hey Gwil, I'll look out for your mail, how r u sweetie?????? Any Dancing lately?????? Maybe one day I'll join u in one of those competitions!!!!!!!!!! Love Ya

Jessica