Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2911   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-07, 07:51

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Thanks Bawdy and Lisa!

Lisa - I think you're right about variety, and it's always fun to try something new. I do a Sat morn yoga class once in a while. I like it because it feels like I've had a massage afterward! I've never tried Pilates. We do have a gal that has shown us how to do some pilates style ab work in one of my classes at the gym. I really liked it.

Bawdy - I hate how you're going along thinking everything is ok, then something in our bodies change and whamo! I can't believe all the calories I burn and that the weight doesn't just fall off of me! I burned over 6000 calories when I ran my 35 mile race. Hang in there, you'll be lookin good for you vacation!
Sponsored Links
  #2912   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 11:39
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been here in awhile. Life has been insane (see my journal for details). I wanted you to know I'm still here and still hanging in there...working out at the gym...hovering in the high 170s...and trying hard to stay focused while life challenges me otherwise!

I'll check in again next week...
  #2913   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-07, 17:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins-induction
Stats: 177/177/150 Female 5-5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am here too...no one has posted in a while, so I assume we are all hanging in there? I havent lost much, but I am committed to the program...
  #2914   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-07, 23:00

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

I watch the thread, but haven't been here much. Live has been a b**** lately and I totally fell off plan.

Protein Power is the best plan, it's life that keeps interfering.

I'm back on track now!
  #2915   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 18:07

Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

Still here. Still on plan. Been sick for a week. Never been this sick before in my life so posting has been minimal. Now fiance is sick too, so caring for him since I'm now the less sick of the two of us. lol. we are so "puny" as my future MIL would have said.

My weight loss is still going on but I'm entering the final 20 pounds (need to update stats). The new pattern is longer times without much loss; like .5 per week instead of 1. I remember this from before and am focusing on dealing with my emotional responses the way I did the first few months. Keeping the long term in mind, planning to pay more attention to transitioning to maintenance when the time comes than I did last time.

I have been walking a bit more (ok - not this past week unless you count staggering to the faucet to get more water) and I am considering rewarding my hard work this past year with some one-on-one personal trainer time. We'll see.
  #2916   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-07, 16:27
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Jen, I've been totally thinking about you and how much I wanted to help you with a training program, but it just wasn't meant to happen. I'm still here for feedback and advice anytime, but I guess it was just too much to try to come up with suggestions. Basically with my trainer and my experience I can offer suggestions for what to do for core stability and strength especially...but I doubt I could just put together a workout yet for someone else. I am about to start creating my own based on all I've learned. (My last session with my trainer is next week. Bummer!) So I'll happily share any and all of it with you if you want. I can't say enough good things about working with a trainer so I wish you well with that!

As for me, my life is still crazed, but I'm making progress. I'm hovering in the 178/179 zone...dealing with bloating and going out to eat a lot. But I'm eating well whenever I can and bumping up the fat intake, which I think helps me have more energy. Hang in there everyone!
  #2917   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-07, 07:57
Registered Member

BF:

Well as of yesterday I weighed my usual 179....I do feel I am eating better and I am also watching calories although I can't find the time to actually count the calories as I am very busy with work right now...I am also back to excersizing since my back (and knee) are now feeling much better, maybe that will make a difference .,,,,,, I don't knowne pound since January..something is not right...
  #2918   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-07, 10:33

Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz8605
Jen, I've been totally thinking about you and how much I wanted to help you with a training program, but it just wasn't meant to happen. I'm still here for feedback and advice anytime, but I guess it was just too much to try to come up with suggestions. Basically with my trainer and my experience I can offer suggestions for what to do for core stability and strength especially...but I doubt I could just put together a workout yet for someone else. I am about to start creating my own based on all I've learned. (My last session with my trainer is next week. Bummer!) So I'll happily share any and all of it with you if you want. I can't say enough good things about working with a trainer so I wish you well with that!

As for me, my life is still crazed, but I'm making progress. I'm hovering in the 178/179 zone...dealing with bloating and going out to eat a lot. But I'm eating well whenever I can and bumping up the fat intake, which I think helps me have more energy. Hang in there everyone!

It was a great offer, but I know how hectic your life is. Frankly I stand in awe of how much you can get done, and still do your own workouts. Hope things with your mom go well. I got quite choked up about what your hubby said about caring for her in one of your journal posts. Quite the keeper. I've got one at home like that too (well, except when he is sick. ughh. he's like a bear woken from hibernation right now.)

I will check in with you regarding the workouts as I start moving from just walking to doing other stuff. I got out my books, and realized that there are several complete workouts I can follow using my bands and stability ball. All is cool.
  #2919   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 15:35
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Hi all! I just wanted to stop by and say "hi" and "bye"...I'm still doing well and keeping it healthy, PPLP style. I just have a familial obligation of great importance that's taking me away from the forums over the next week plus a few days. (I'm helping sell my Mom's house and we're working together to sort, clean, and pack a 3,500+ sq ft home with 40+ years worth of stuff, including two households). I'm going to use all the healthy food and good attitude I can muster to get through this! I'm going to miss everyone here and I'm going to miss my Fitday too. But I realized I had some help in my arsenal that I'd forgotten...besides PPLP of a sort, I realized that the Eadeses' "The 30-day Low-carb Diet Solution" would be perfect to help me simplify things and keep on track. (Honestly I think I know enough what to eat already but it's always good to have a back-up especially since I'm going without all my resources!)

Take care and keep healthy everyone!
  #2920   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 03:52

Stats: 178/000/145 Female 5ft. 4in.
BF:
Progress: 539%

Lisa,

I wish you luck and a strong heart. That is by far the hardest thing DH and myself ever had to do. Your mom will break down many times and so will you.
Cry, reminisce and get it all out. Then go back to packing and know that this is the best thing to do at this time. Time heals!! It really does!

It is a new path on life's journey, but it must be done when our parents need our help. I admire you very much for what you are doing!

Oh, and the Eades 30 day meal plan is a God send!! They are the tops and talk to you like regular people. Yes, you sound like you know just what to do but it is always good to have a book of theirs by our side. I refer to it often!

Peace be with you!
  #2921   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 07:57
Registered Member

BF:

Good luck to you LisaZ...BTW can someone give me a heads-up on the basics for that 30 day diet? Is there much difference from the basic plan?
  #2922   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 08:45
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmajic
Good luck to you LisaZ...BTW can someone give me a heads-up on the basics for that 30 day diet? Is there much difference from the basic plan?
I don't think it's a difference in the PLAN so much as a difference in how it's presented. It's very much simplified. In the protein requirements it tells you how many ounces to eat for a meal, etc. Basically it tells you exactly what to eat without thinking about it...so as long as you know WHY you're doing this and that you're set to do this, this particular book of theirs will get down to basics and just tell you the HOW.
  #2923   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 08:47
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try4Me
Lisa,

I wish you luck and a strong heart. That is by far the hardest thing DH and myself ever had to do. Your mom will break down many times and so will you.
Cry, reminisce and get it all out. Then go back to packing and know that this is the best thing to do at this time. Time heals!! It really does!

It is a new path on life's journey, but it must be done when our parents need our help. I admire you very much for what you are doing!

Oh, and the Eades 30 day meal plan is a God send!! They are the tops and talk to you like regular people. Yes, you sound like you know just what to do but it is always good to have a book of theirs by our side. I refer to it often!

Peace be with you!

THANK YOU Try4Me...your post was really inspiring to me. You've obviously "been there" and your advice rings true. I keep telling me Mom that by summertime...when she's out on our deck admiring the flowers she's planted and we're grilling and enjoying the warm weather...that everything we've been through now will begin to fade.

I'm here through tonight and then we take off tomorrow. I have lots to do to prepare for the week (including packing my own cooler of food) so I better get to it!
  #2924   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 09:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%

Hi folks,

We're currently closing long threads (over 2,000 posts) to sped things up on the server. You can read more about thie here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=332906

If the original poster (or one of the regulars here in case the OP isn't around) could start a new one, report it or PM me, and I'll update this thread to let subscribers find the new thread.

You may also want to consider starting a monthly or weekly thread instead, as it will make the thread load faster

Thanks in advance,

Wa'il
Closed Thread