Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 22:56
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking The Java Room-Protein Power Daily Hangout

Welcome to the Protein Power Plan daily hangout thread, feel free to pull up a chair, have a cuppa your favorite beverage, along with some water, and join our discussions.

This will be our daily hangout spot, our little cafe, if you will, where we can come in and unwind, share our thoughts with one another about how we are doing with our low carbing, our families, our joys, sorrows and struggles.

A place to vent, giggle, joke and give a hug or a tissue to another. Feel free to browse the other threads for informative subjects and if you can't find something, please feel free to ask away right here as well.

Last edited by simplydawn : Tue, Jun-29-04 at 08:09.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 03:30

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Dawn, what's going on? I haven't been on the board for a few days .
Elaine
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 08:16
Flutterby

BF:

Good Morning!

Hi Elaine.. well there has been some talk over the last few weeks, that posting a daily thread each day, makes it confusing for visitors or those that need to find info quickly, using the search feature, because of all the threads to meander thru, so after having this issue come up several times, and it was suggested that instead of a day to day thread, that we just have one thread that we come to talk daily, and start other threads for specific topics, such as vitamin supplementation that Bawdy began the other day here.

So, instead of looking for a thread for the day, just subscribe to this one, and this will be our daily check in spot, let it all hang out spot, vent spot etc.

I had to fix the graphic in the above, since I let the ATM machine EAT my check card a cple of weeks ago, I have a temp card that only allows me to use the atm machines, but not pay bills with it, and this morning, my web page is gone!! I cant find the blinkin' number to call the web domain and let them know of a different cc to bill in the interim. Can anyone say DOH!

I have a busy day ahead of me, but a 2.5 hour break this afternoon between sessions (unless I get a last minute call) that I am hoping to squeeze in a curves workout!!

Dont look at my fitday from yesterday.. whoa.. carb blowout.. like bawdy says.. dont try this at home folks! But I will be honest with you.. I ENJOYED it.. LOL!

Have a great Tuesday!

Love and Laughter,
Dawn

Last edited by simplydawn : Tue, Jun-29-04 at 08:17. Reason: I stuttered... LMAO
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 09:44
Flutterby

BF:

Quote:
posted by Robinbebe earlier this week...
I have not posted here in a while, I have mainly lurked. I am currently at about 228 lbs. I have hovered between that and 230 lbs since mid April. I know LC works, but I seem to have gotten into a bit of a rut food wise. I mainly do Atkins and Protein Power, but have customized it to work for me, and thus far it has worked.

I have read so many things about the various spin-offs of LC dieting. South Beach intrigues me, but it sounds like a LF diet with some extra protein and less carbs. I have also looked at some LC programs where you don't count your veggies as carbs, and are allowed limited amounts each day. I have also thought about doing an induction, as I never did initially.

I have recently cut my hours at work. While working, I ate out at least one, if not more, meals per day. I think being at home more will help with this; perhaps that will be all I need.

Any suggestions?

Robin

When you get to a spot and its not working for some time it is a wise person that makes some adjustments! Wendy listed some dif. plans for you on the day that you mentioned the above... and some of us have found that taking some time off of lc'ing.. has been the necessary tool to jumpstart or jolt our bodies into letting go of the weight again... when I have done that, it worked for me.. I however, still watched my calories, just changed up what I was eating a bit..allowed some higher carb foods, and I did this for a week while camping. Came back, and WHOOSH..

I have noticed that it works for me to do it more on a weekly basis..however THIS past week, I did it one too many days in a row what with going to the amusement park yesterday.

You would be so proud of me.. I went on a roller coaster and didnt lose my lunch! LOL.. I did pass on the bigger ones, that go upside down or fly you like superman however.. but it was a start!

Quote:

Posted by Shrubie:
I to forgot to take into account lots of the things which I am thankful for from changing my WOL

1 The support of my husband, family and friends
2. I am much more assertive and stand up for myself
3. I like to look at myself in the mirror now
4. I do have great kids (even though they do drive me crazy at times
5. I am off of medication
6. I really do enjoy exercise
7. I have great faith in God and myself
8. I have found some really great new foods
9. Maybe some day I can wear a little black dress ( more a dream!!!)

I love to read people's lists like this.. .so much to be thankful for!

#5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 12:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hey everyone! I think this is a great idea to have an ongoing daily thread like this. That way everything is contained in one place and we can just pick up where we last read. I'm also excited to see more new faces posting on our board. As I am currently refocusing myself to the basics of Protein Power, it is helpful to have more people ask questions so that I can remember all that I need to know.

Weight is at 148 today. TOM is still to blame. I just need to remember that my weight has always gone down once it leaves.

Dawn-Thanks for the idea of the "Java Room". I love it!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 17:50

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Oh, Miss? Do you have any cappacino here, or just plain java? How about some virtual pastries to go with it?

On second thought, I think I'll pass. The second glass of wine is beckoning.

Still holding steady at 154. My size 10s are now getting loose. Not even close to an 8 yet, but a loose 10 is fine by me.

Who am I kidding? I'm way too exhausted from work to type. I know it sounds like whining, but I had to work 5 days in the office last week, and the same this week. It's just that I get up at 4:00 am, leave for work by 5:15 to 5:30 (yes, it takes that long to get myself ready, get the animals in and out and fed, make my lunch, etc.), and don't get home until 7:30 or 8:00. It makes for a long day. It takes almost an hour and a half to drive to work (combination of major construction along the way and dropping off the dog at day care). I'll have to catch up on the weekends.

Hope everyone's doing well. I'm sure we'll get accustomed to our new home in no time!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 18:27

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

One mocha cappacino please! ahhh warm soothing chocolate with a big dose of caffeine!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Dawn, when you went the other way so to speak with the carbs, afterwards did you get bad cravings?? I had been pretty liberal with the dh's peanutbutter mnm's a few days ago and I am STILL craving chocolate!! We have been burning the days up and I realize that some of it is from fatigue.

Ok you guys, what do you eat, or take (supplement-wise) to keep more energised???????

See you all back in our new home!!! (Bawdy you need to pick out some furniture, it is a bit bare here!!!)

Hello to Elaine and Wendy!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 20:13

Yay, I am now officially 3 drumsticks!!

Lissette-I have a confession about what I've been doing lately to stay energized. I've recently come upon something that makes me feel so good, I almost feel like I shouldn't be doing it. I've been drinking Fruit2O energy drink. It's a bottled water flavored with Splenda and enriched with vitamins. It also contains ginseng, caffeine, and guarana. The first day I drank one, I was soooo happy and didn't take a nap for the first time all summer. I couldn't go to sleep till after midnight and had the most refreshing sleep and woke up totally energized the next day. I have drank one every day since. I looked up about guarana and realized that is what I am reacting so favorably to. It's an herb commonly used in Brazil. It has a caffeine-like response in energizing you, but it doesn't come in one surge. It is released in small amounts over a much longer amount of time, so I have tons of energy for hours and hours. I just have to make sure that I don't drink it after around 3 pm so I can get to sleep. Other things that it supposedly does is decrease cravings, acts as an aphrodisiac, contains a chemical similar to chocolate, and helps maintain weight. I am slightly worried that I am going to become dependent on it, but I feel nothing but positives from it. I do not feel jittery, and I drink one per day, no more. And it's so nice to actually sleep well at night and not take naps. Anyone else know anything about this or think I should be concerned?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 21:58
Flutterby

BF:

oh.. that drink sounds like it has nothing but good and positive bene's .. will have to try it myself, and thanks for the heads up re: timing of the drink.. I havent been sleeping well really, and getting up at the crack of dawn...

LOL..I guess I meet myself coming and going.. LOL..:::::::::snorts Lily tomlin style ::::::::::

Carb up yesterday: I didnt THINK I felt moody or cravings..in fact woke up today.. and began the day off good..until I blew it with the rotten day I had, I mean either my moon is in retrograde or it completely left the solar system, you name it, it happened to me today..right down and including dropping a glass of water, and some spillage into the keyboard. AM now using another keyboard. End of THAT story....

Bawdy.. It is draining to work those hours and drive that kind of commute and so frustrating when its due to construction, and you know how long it normally takes...I wonder if one day I will be sharing that I am wearing a loose size 10? Thats neat.. very neat... ( yes.. I know...)

Well, off to bed to twist the sheets in knots as I toss and turn..but gotta give it my best effort .. makes hubby mad to see the bed destroyed..LOL.. he loves his sheets TUCKED.. I like mine EVERYWHERE!

Oh. I got a henna tattoo at the park yesterday.. on my inner thigh, by my knee to do a practice run for when I reach the goal of onderland.. I like it.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 03:28

BF:

Good morning.
Have to check out the Fruit 20 (that's Fruit-two -oh, if anyone's not familiar with it),they have it at my grocery store. I am still dealing with post surgery fatigue.
I have Thurs-Mon off and want to try to eat clean and GET SOME EXERCISE!!!
I can sympathize with Bawdy's commute. I drive 45-55 min twice a day, it's worse during school season with the buses, etc. I've been apartment shopping and hope to move closer to work and a 30 min commute.
Dawn, this is fun to have one thread. Thanks for starting this!
Hi Lissette and Wendy
Elaine
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 05:32

Wed, June 30

As always, I am way too ruled by the scale....but today's going to be a good one b/c it said 146.5!!!! That is what I used to weigh prior to doing CAD for 3 months. I guess I didn't gain that much with all the dessert-eating I was doing, but it is super exciting to have my clothes feel good again, ya know? It's amazing what a couple pounds can do. I was totally content before maintaining at this weight and if I can do so again, at least for awhile to prove that I still can, I will be happy.

Today I have a meeting about teaching summer school, which starts next week. I had really bad dreams that they assigned me to teaching early elementary reading and language arts, which would totally freak me out. Last year, I got what I wanted, middle school math. You wouldn't think that that would be a strongly requested subject and grade level, so hopefully I will be fine.

Dawn-Hope you have a much better day today!

Elaine-Tell us all about the exercising you are doing on your days off

Bawdy-I'm laughing as I imagine you standing up and holding onto your pants for dear life so that they don't fall off Your schedule and commute does sound very stressful. Stop by when you can.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 07:14

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good Morning Everyone!

Dawn - thanks for doing the thread this way! I think this does make it easier, and no one has to start a new thread each day!

Bawdy - sounds like you need some Fruit20! I hope thinks settle down for you with work. Loose 10's sound wonderful! I like loose things, but a pair of tight jeans in a smaller size can sure make ya feel skinny!

My dh is up helping my parents move. Last night on the way there they lost a wheel when the axle broke on my dad's truck. Fortunately they didn't cause an accident. I couldn't sleep, so I cleaned out a bookcase.

Well, I'm cleaning my son's room today, he's 8, and it's a dissaster, but I'm armed with garbage bags! I can't wait to see floor! After I get done I'm going to go buy me a reward! Hmm, maybe some makeup?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 08:51

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Morning all!
Wendy, thanks for the heads up on the fruit 20, there must be different kinds, there is one kind at my Walmart, grape flavored, but just spring water and splenda???? Where do you get yours at???? When I read your thread I dashed to my fridge, but while this is called the same it alas is not!!
Glad to see your wieght is down!! I have not stepped on the scales for alittle while, I KNOW that I am up, I started today with my egg whites and l fat bacon with alittle pj cheese. I will be heading out the door in a sec since the hay is ready to rake, suggestions, should I drop my cals down to 1000 to get back on track??????

Song good luck with the ds's room! My son is 10 and is SLOWLY getting better, but I KNOW what you are up against!

Elaine,Bawdy,Let's be the fatigue girls!!! ready one to three ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Oh with your nodding off in traffic to me on the tractor, IT CAN'T be a good thing, We had better stock up on the Wendy's miracle drink!!!

Dawn, may the moon be turning soon to your favor with another woosh and better days!!! What does your henna tatoo look like? I think that they are cool esp. since they do fade! My DH would just Have a fit If I ever came home with one!

Well I better go! Have a Great day everyone!!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 11:33

BF:

The exercise plan is some walking, a new Winsor Pilates tape for older beginners, a new aerobics tape for those over 50 (just need a change from Leslie Sansone for a while) some weight training and much needed cleaning of the apt. Also included is copious amts of doing nothing by the pool and actually getting in and swimming if the water is warm enough.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:13

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

OK, let's all go out and buy Wendys Fruit20 energy drink and compare notes. I got through a day and a half this week before realizing that I have to do a full 5 days in the office again this week. At least we have Monday off.

I'll need to stop at the grocery store probably tomorrow on the way home from work, and I'll look for the drink. Would it be by the flavored waters or the "diet" section of the store?
Closed Thread