Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 15:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 150/135/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Once you figure out your numbers it isn't that hard to follow, LC is def the way to go. Good Luck fellow low carber!!!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 15:35
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1
Once you figure out your numbers it isn't that hard to follow, LC is def the way to go. Good Luck fellow low carber!!!

Very true! In fact, I see PP as just a "more tailored" version of LC. And wait until you read the book and get even more ideas of foods to avoid (and why) and foods to enjoy (and why). It will change your food mindset!

<thinking for a moment>

OMG, we sound like a cult! ROFL
  #108   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 16:16

BF:

I have a question: I was flipping thru the 2 books I just got : The 30-Day Low Carb Diet Solution and PPLP and I am not sure how the Eades feel about using low-carb bake mixes. I just got Carbquik and made waffles and I couldn't tell the difference!! Does anyone know?
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 18:24

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Kelly, if you want faster results, I'd say avoid all processed foods as much as possible, including things like carb quick. A lot of people do used these foods, but most once they are on plan for at least several weeks.

Wait until you're closer to goal to use these products....and for now try to stick with only whole natural foods.

In my opinion the first few weeks, at least should be about avoiding unecessary carbs whenever possible. This helps you break the desire for sweet and starchy foods. To me, this makes it especially important if you plan to make low carbing a lifestyle, not just a diet.

Of course, if the rest of the family is pigging out on "regular" waffles, and you're afraid you'll dive headfirst into the waffles, then absolutely make your own with carb quick. But in my opinion, it's best to avoid things like this until close to or on maintenance....especially when you have a small amount to loose.
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 18:31

BF:

Thanks..I got it for times where I have a horrible craving for carbs that won't go away..I keep it for emergency last resort type situations..I just wanted to make sure that its not completely off limits.
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 22:50
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1
Thanks..I got it for times where I have a horrible craving for carbs that won't go away..I keep it for emergency last resort type situations..I just wanted to make sure that its not completely off limits.

CindySue's advice is spot on! But you have the right idea, Kelly...to have some back-ups "just in case" if you feel that's important to keeping you on plan. I've done it all...ate utterly cleanly, dabbled with carbquik (on the rare occasions we have a Saturday "pancake" breakfast, my DH and Mom get those and don't even know the difference!) and even had LC protein shake mixes and other such goodies. Mostly I try to eat cleanly with certain helpful additions...like coconut oil, coconut flour, almond flour, etc. that I use to create my own recipes. But I think having carbquik on hand to use to create substitutes (since it works like Bisquik, I'd considering trying fried chicken too) for long-term use is great.

For now...for your focus on those "tough 10" keep it in the pantry. But for your overall WOE, 'off limits' is really more up to you as long as you body reacts well and you keep your balance of protein and carbs!