Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 14:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303.5/283.5/170 Female 5'11'
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Why are you on Schwarzbein?

hi all! my name is rachel. a few years back I found these boards while on atkins. i did GREAT on atkins, and never felt better in my life! finally, no cravings, not thinking about food all day, etc.

sad to say, i had some major life issues (including major depression, serious autoimmune thyroid issues, and some very stressing personal crises), and i completely fell off. i gained all my weight back plus some (isn't that always the way? .

now, i'm doing much better, and i'm ready to get serious about losing this weight. plus, i want to cook at home! i picked up dr. schwarzbein's book, and so far, i really like it. what she says makes so much sense, and given my thyroid issues, something about a book by a endocrinologist appeals to me (although, maybe it shouldn't! .

my only question is, is schwarzbein right for me, or should i maybe go back to atkins? i must confess that i really like that schwarzbein will let me have more carbs,and things like whole grains, etc.

so, after all this, why are you on scwarzebein, and not another plan?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 16:36
Registered Member

Plan: SPI
Stats: 154/165/132 Female 168
BF:33%
Progress: -50%

Hi there rachel,
im sorry to hear about your health troubles. Its obvious that you are serious about getting your health in check if you have come to this site.
Schwarzbein in not a diet or a fad diet to try, it is a wonderful program that focuses wholistically on your body - from your mental wellbeing, emotional wellbeing, phyiscal wellbeing and physiological wellbeing. I have studied psychology and endocrinology for many years now and I honestly believe that this is the most insightful and well-researched way of life eating-exercise plan out there.
Most other approaches are a cover-up approach, that are usually restrictive and state that the only way to good health is to cut out A, or B or C. Thats absolutely not true. Whether its low to no-fat (as in weight wachers, bodyforlife), high protein (atkins, protein power etc) or simply low calories (zone etc) - they are all restrictive and detrimental to your health. Oneway or another.
Im on Schwarzbein for many reasons, but largely because I have severely burnt out adrenals and have partial insulin-resistance and im only 23!!!. I have PCOS and am serious about getting my health into shape - and getting off the fast paced, full-blown lifestyle. Im simply not interested in it.
So, you should ask yourself, what is it that you want to achieve and why. I honestly do beleive that schwarzbein can help. Just have a little faith, be a little patient and it will happen.
take care
stacey
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 19:10
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Curly,

What Stacey said. Don't look at this program (TSP) as a means to weight loss. The idea is to get your body healthy and in balance, then it will lose the weight on its own. Patience is key. ("In patience possess ye your soul")

Blessings,

-Don
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 01:45
Registered Member

Plan: Swarzbein II
Stats: 160/154/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%

It helps with my migraines, my mood, my energy level, and my peri-menopausal symptoms. (For more details, see my recent post at http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=319075 ) I agree: I think it's a very balanced, healthy approach.