Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 14:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/164/120
BF:
Progress:
Smile I'm from Israel too!!! (there's two of us)

hi !

I have just started the atkins diet two days ago and was really happy to see there was another person in here from Israel, I'm really hopefull this time it will work. actually I know it will.

may
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 15:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 167/143/135 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Smile HI MAY!!!

Welcome, welcome! Harley will be thrilled to know that she is not alone. Best of luck on LC. I have only been at it for 3 weeks, but it is working and I love this little support site. Most all of your questions that you will have you can find the answers to somewhere.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 02:54

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 257/253/143
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default wow

Wow

Great, Im not alone here after all!!

And yes, thin2win I am thrilled.

May, Id love to hear more about you, where you live, how you got on to low carbing etc.
Well done for starting, it really is a great wol, can be difficult at the beginning but gets so much easier with time unlike other diets which just get harder.

I have found quite a few low carb products here which I would love to tell you about if you want (and where to get them) it took me ages to find them and they came as rather a surprise. Perhaps not so suitable for the beginning as they are treats but...

Take care and lots of luck
Waiting to hear from you!

Harley
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/164/120
BF:
Progress:
Smile a little bit about me

well, first of all let me say I really like this place and thanks for the replies. second. I heard of the atkins diet from my mother, although she didn't really do it. just read the book. I have to say I tried it a cople of times before but this time I know I'm ready to go all the way. I was discharged from the army 7 months age and traveled the US for three months, there I saw all the Atkins products and I whish we had those here. anyway, I gained a lot of weight during the army ( as a lot of girls do) but I was always (not always but almost always) overweight and did my first diet when I was only 14. I don't like the way I got to look, and I'm going to change that. along with doing the atkins diet I started to work out using the 'body-for-life' training method. I ordered some low carb products from the US through the net and my brother will bring them to me ( he studies there and comming home for vecation). thhat's it. that's my story. I didn't want to write where I live and things like that but I would like to e-mail you if you'd let me.

thank you

may
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 21:17

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 257/253/143
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default hi

hi May
great to hear from you.

Here is my email a_gros~zahav.net.il

I look forward to hearing from you

Bye for now
Harley
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 03:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/210/172
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi,

I am newly on LC and live in Jerusalem.

I have a number of questions about surviving LC in Israel, so if you're out there and have been LC'ing successfully in Israel, I'd love to hear from you.

Specifically, does anyone know which LC choc bars are kosher and available in Israel?

Same goes for Splenda or Stevia...
S'pose it would be fruitless to ask about LC Hummus

Many thanks.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 01:23
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins-neanderthin-"my way"
Stats: 140/124/124 Female 1.68 cm
BF:20.5%
Progress: 100%
Default There's more people out there Harley!!!

Hi there!!!!
I'm from Herteliah, and I've also come across someone else from TA, by total coincidence...
I've been on Atkins, now I'm Neanderthin, and I find it very confortable... Atkins was a little stressing for me...
Although I haven't lost a lot of wieght, as I'm almost at the end...
I have control over my eating and my cravings, that before Lcing were terrible...
Happy to know that we're not alone!!!!
have fun,
mamasiat
  #23   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 07:38

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 167/143/135 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default neanderthin

HI,

Harley and I have been communicating offline for a year and a half now and are still in one way or another attempting to do low carb. I was curious to know what neanderthin is, as I have never heard of it. Hope you are doing well on the "diet", it does and has worked for me!!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 23:14
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins-neanderthin-"my way"
Stats: 140/124/124 Female 1.68 cm
BF:20.5%
Progress: 100%
Talking neanderthin

Hi thin2win:
Neanderthin is a diet that it's idea is to eat like the cavemen use to eat... the philosophy is if you can eat it the way it is in nature
you're allowed...
that's why bread and rice for exp. aren't allowed, like beans that in their natural state would be poisenous...(would have to cook them to eat)
Any way, this diet is a little difficult 4 some people as milk products
r not allowed...
I'm doing very good with it ... I sometimes eat ww rice thins (which r not allowed) but I really try to stick to it....
I did Atkins at the begining, but I found it easy to want to eat other things....( to go off the diet)
The thing is to try and see what works best!!!
Let me know what's going on with you...
Have a good one
Mamasita