Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 18:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/239/145 Female 5,4
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hello from a gal in Ontario. We are that is my hubbie and I are going to travel to Halifax,Dartmouth next week , going through Maine . The question is where do you get your low carb stuff? We are staying with family in Dartmouth so I'll be able to cook there but where do I buy it? Should I look for it in Maine or not and where there? I cannot bring it with me going through the states can I? We are going to explore all of N.S and N.B
Hugs,Lynn
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 23:40

Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%
Progress: 100%
Default Re: A little dip in Queen Square would always do it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonnie
Coriolis....just came inside for a break from the heat yep, you never knew what went into those public pools after all the kids vacated at the end of the day but somehow at that age one didn't care ...my father was a WWII Veteran so I grew up on Veteran's Court in Marysville...just a skip across the field to the public pool and man I lived there all summer ..didn't matter if the temp was 65 degrees somehow we jumped right in ...I now live on a cliff on the northside ...I am 500 feet above the road below therefore the sun can get pretty intense but I love it...B

A cliff on the northside? Hmmm... trying to place that but memory is failing me. Must be out toward Durham?

I grew up on Charlotte St, south side. Wilmot park just a block away -- the little wading pool would get pretty "green" on those hot summer days.

From your picture we look about the same age. What year did you graduate from FHS? I graduated '83.
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 03:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default RE: Vacation in the Maritimes

Quote:
Originally posted by Traveller
Hello from a gal in Ontario. We are that is my hubbie and I are going to travel to Halifax,Dartmouth next week , going through Maine . The question is where do you get your low carb stuff? We are staying with family in Dartmouth so I'll be able to cook there but where do I buy it? Should I look for it in Maine or not and where there? I cannot bring it with me going through the states can I? We are going to explore all of N.S and N.B
Hugs,Lynn

Lynn...I was hoping that some one from the Dartmouth area would respond to your query...I suggest that while your here take in some down home food ...Hubby brought home two beautiful lobsters for dinner last night ...you should try to attend a lobster dinner ...several communities host them ...the family in Dartmouth I'm sure could point you in the right direction...as far as LC bought products...I have posted what I know is available in the Fredericton area...have a great trip Lynn and enjoy our down home hospitality ..B
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 03:33

BF:
Default Re: Re: A little dip in Queen Square would always do it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Coriolis
A cliff on the northside? Hmmm... trying to place that but memory is failing me. Must be out toward Durham?

I grew up on Charlotte St, south side. Wilmot park just a block away -- the little wading pool would get pretty "green" on those hot summer days.

From your picture we look about the same age. What year did you graduate from FHS? I graduated '83.

Try Royal Road hmmmCharlotte Street ...did you know any Seymours...my good friend still lives on Charlotte Street..you can see where I live on page twelve of this thread.... B

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...5&pagenumber=12
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 22:49

Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%
Progress: 100%

Nice digs! What a great view it must have.

I don't recall any Seymours off the top of my head, but then again I'm horrible with names, and Charlotte St. is a long street... and I haven't lived in Fredericton for 10 years...

I lived between Smythe and Northumberland. My sister and her family lives there now. My folks moved out to Gagetown (my Dad grew up there) recently to retire in comfort... well, my Dad did anyway. Mom still works in Freddy.

Growing up in Marysville, I'm wondering if you knew any Calhouns?
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 05:48

BF:
Thumbs up Have a Great Day!

Last edited by Bonnie : Tue, Jul-01-03 at 09:26.
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 06:19

BF:
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriolis
Nice digs! What a great view it must have.

I don't recall any Seymours off the top of my head, but then again I'm horrible with names, and Charlotte St. is a long street... and I haven't lived in Fredericton for 10 years...

I lived between Smythe and Northumberland. My sister and her family lives there now. My folks moved out to Gagetown (my Dad grew up there) recently to retire in comfort... well, my Dad did anyway. Mom still works in Freddy.

Growing up in Marysville, I'm wondering if you knew any Calhouns?

Yep...we love it here and can see Crabbe Mountain lit up at night in winter...only Calhouns I know would originally be from Barker's Point...Margie Calhoun... ..B
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 06:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Bonnie, I'm still LC and finally got off a long stall. Great to see you're still Living La LC.
Jo-Ann
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 18:26

Stats: 250/242/170 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress:
Talking lets keep it going

Hi everyone. I started this woe Aug 10 and I'm loving it!!! I live in Bridgewater NS, originally from the Valley! Anyone else from this area?
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 20:20

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5 Feet 0 Inches
BF:
Smile Hey everyone

Hi I am from Halifax Nova Scotia and am new to this site. I have been doing Atkins since Sept 4th, 2003 and I have lost 9 lbs. I just wanted to say hi to all of my fellow maritimers.

~Steph
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 09:36

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts
Stats: 245/235/145 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Everyone... It is great to find a group of Maritimers. My name is Susan and I am originally from Kingston, Nova Scotia and now live in Halifax. I am starting to get used to this woe and have lost my first 10 lbs.
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 22:44

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5 Feet 0 Inches
BF:

Congrats Susan! Keep up the good work. I am from halifax too!
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 05:37

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts
Stats: 245/235/145 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Ozzies, great to see someone from Halifax. Have you found anywhere that sells Splenda or other LC foods? I have been looking but I haven't found anything yet. I am going to try Zellers tonight.

Susan
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 05:43

Stats: 312/225/180 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Try Shoppers Drug Mart. I know the one in Cole Harbor sells it.

Actually.. I think you can buy it at the Superstore too.
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 07:00
Registered Member

Stats: 325/325/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Bruce (colbyjax)

I have been trying to get in touch with you by PM on the boards not sure if you ever check your PM's or not. I also let you know on your website I was trying to reach you. Anyway you could send me your email address in a PM so I could email you directly?