Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 10:34

Plan: South Beachy/ My Plan
Stats: 206/159.0/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momjeans
I ordered the 30 day shred DVD! And as soon as I get it I will come and tell everyone how it kicked my butt!

It really is a great workout, I can't stop telling people about it.
I love the way I feel after it; not being able to lift my arms, AWESOME!

I think tonight I am going to do a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds video before I do Level 2 of 30Day Shred, it is going to be a good night!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-10, 00:26

Plan: general
Stats: 170/170/135 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress:

is the kettlebell really neccessary? i already have this dvd but always just do level 1 this month i am going to stick to it and get to level 3 i already have 2, 5lb weights i did keep up with it for only a week last year and all these people were like what are you doing you look so good lol but this time i will stick to it longer
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-10, 12:23

BF:

There is no kettleball with any workouts on 30 Day Shred, so no.

It is an amazing workout, I can't stop recommending it, I feel so much stronger than when I started 3 weeks ago.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 18:26

BF:

Thought I'd share:
Listening to old podcasts of Jillian Michaels radio show on KFI and a caller asked her the "30 days straight" question for 30 Day Shred.
Se said she designed it so that you can do;
10 days Level 1
10 days Level 2
10 days Level 3
She says that doing this video everyday is OK because you are not focusing on one muscle throughout the entire workout AND you aren't lifting heavy weights.

BUT she did also say that she'd prefer you did that video 3-4 times per week, than a spinning class one night then kickboxing another night (spinning and kickboxing are just examples) and so on... She would like you to incorporate variety into your workouts.

Thought that was helpful. =)
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/174/150 Female 72" (6 ft)
BF:
Progress: 41%

I just did 30 Shred for the first time this morning! It was awesome. I didn't sweat as much as I would have liked but I think I am gonna stick to level 1 for the 10 days because I really like following the rules (I know what a dork, right?). But also even though I didn't really sweat much I still did the modified push ups and I want to do level 1 until I can do all of the push ups the normal way... This will be a good indicator for me that I am ready to move on. Besides my endurance is pretty ok because I am used to running, but my musels sure can use some shred for sure!!!

I am way into this vid! I can't wait to do it tomorrow.

Has anyone here done it once in the am and once in the pm??? Or would you think that is over doing?

20 minutes doesn't seem like that long and 40 minutes total seem reasonable to me.

What do others think about this idea, twice a day????
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 15:52
Induction ≠ Atkins

Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

I can't wait to do this. Stupid spinal surgery has me out for 6 weeks..but I'm so ready for it!!!! I did watch the entire thing (I think I trumped Momjeans' dorkiness there) and it looks great.

I'd do it just once a day. Follow the rules, dork :P I'd say if you feel like doing something else, do another type of workout - go for a short run, or better yet, do a run/walk combo where you walk for x amount of time, and then run HARD for x amount of time, then go back to walking and so on. I find working out in that manner to be more effective than just jogging at a steady pace.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 16:27

Stats: 191/174/150 Female 72" (6 ft)
BF:
Progress: 41%

That is so funny! YES! Follow the rules! I will. I like to do that. I just want to double the rules

I will try the walk run thing if I want more of a workout.

Thanks Kry, hope you are back in the saddle soon!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 17:30

Plan: my own
Stats: 225/208/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi shredders!!

DH and I did level one for the first time today. Whew!

I'm not sure there was any one section where we didn't stop for a few seconds. Amazingly, all that jumping actually got easier farther in - I think we're just not used to jumping up and down repeatedly - even for 30 seconds or a minute.

I'm so glad DH wants to do this - he liked both how hard and how short it was.

We're travelling for the next several days, so we won't be back at it for awhile - but it was a great preview.

We're trying to work out twice a day, so once we're back in town this will definitely be one of those.

Happy Super Bowl all!

Sarah
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 12:22

BF:

I once tried to do Level 1 and Level 2 in one shot, I ended up ding all Level 1 and 2 circuits of Level 2, quite a bit!
Now I usually do an aerobic video before doing the shred and I find that it gives me more energy.
I love the way my body is getting toned with thi video, I have never been able to feel my abs working like i can now, over a month into the video.

I do other videos as well though, mostly all Jillian Michaels.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 12:25

Plan: Beachy
Stats: 285/170.2/153 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 87%

I've done it 5 times last week, and a friend (who didnt know) told me my arms were looking different

I'm gonna do it 5 times this week too and move to Level 2 next week. Lost 3 pounds this week. THIS IS HUUUUGE for me!

I LOVE THE SHRED
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-10, 22:13

Plan: Keto
Stats: 185.8/157.4/135 Female 5'4""
BF:
Progress: 56%

bella_meow: did you complete the 30 day? How did it work out for you? I just started 3 days ago. So many posters say they love it for the first week and then radio silence. Just wondering if it's worth my sore arms?
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-10, 10:56

BF:

If you click on the following link a Jillian Michaels Podcast, FREE MP3, NO DOWNLOAD, will start playing from her old radio show on KFI AM640. FFW to the 1Hour:2Min mark; shes gets an email about the 30 Day Shred and explains it, what your schedule should be and what not...

Jillian Michaels (12/21)
Be mindful of your health and wellness.

http://www.mediafly.com/Podcasts/Ep...llian121408.mp3

If you are interested in hearing more go to the folling page for ALL her radio show podcasts from 2006-2009. I listen to them at work while doing paperwork, she has great tips, very inspiring!

http://www.mediafly.com/RSS/Private...f29c39f/MyQueue
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-10, 13:58

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 178/176/135 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I too have been trying the 30 Day Shred, but I find some of the knee excerises to be really painful (I've had bad knees since I originally gained all my weight.) Does anyone have some ideas for something I could do to substitute the knee/squat stuff?