Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 20:02

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Irregular Heartbeat

I know taking potassium supplements are extremely important (along with calcium & mag) while LCing...but before today, I never know how IMPORTANT!!

DH went right to his dr today after experiencing some discomfort in his chest. The EKG had discovered an irregular heart rhythm and was given appropriate meds. (One of which was potassium).

We all know low levels of potassium causes leg/muscle cramps, but the pharmacist reminded me that the heart is considered a muscle and without proper potassium levels, it will not function properly and can...and will... fall out of sinus rhythm. (Not a good thing!)

When I asked DH about the potassium supplements I bought for him to take.....he forgot to take them for the last couple weeks!!

I pass this on just FYI. DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR POTASSIUM!! You may experience more than just leg cramps without it !!!

Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 23:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/210/130
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Thanks for the reminder!

Deb,

Thanks for your post! I have a stent in my LAD and have been fighting angina this past year. That's one thing that brought be back to low carbing. And I also forgot to take my potassium for the past few days....until I read your post. I've taken it now.

Bless you for your note. I hope DH is okay.

Carolyn