Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:16

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%
Talking How about a group pep talk?

lol I've been mood swinging BAD and Sundy-Monday in the middle of the night (so SUnday morning technically)while waiting for husband to get home and he didnt come home I binged on friggen candy then after 2 hours of sleep had a carby day Monday but not bingy or high calorie....Been good since but not saintlike, still not in ketosis...

My point is that I still feel it inside...THIS is what I want, I must stay on track.
I figure no point in dwelling on that cheat of cheats because its in the past. I can only go forward. My scale says I gained 4 pounds but I really do not see how that would be possible! Hoping its jsut temporary water gain because my clothes seem much more lose and I dont feel bloaty or anything...

ANYWAY...I read the threads here and I think we could ALLL use a group support pep talk! SO lets talk.... Getting close to ONEderland feels GOOOOOOD....really good! I love seeing pictures of myself these days...lol that's a change! What keeps you going?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Food doesn't fix it.

(Thats what works for me not an answer for your situation)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/197.0/160 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Who/knows/or cares
Progress: 14%

My sister-in-law Hummelda provides inspiration to keep me going. Knowing how much weight she's finally lost after so many years gives me hope that if she can do it on this WOE than so can I.

Having this forum to go to each day and see what other people are experiencing - their up and downs. Knowing that losing weight doesn't come easy for other people and that they are having tough times dropping pounds also. It makes me realize I'm normal, that my problems are similar and if they can eventually lose the weight so can I if only I keep at it.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:57
Twinkle Toes

Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Yep I think it should be mandatory for people who are "having a bad day" to come here and search out the people who've had great success, read their journals and their postings and try to get some of that mindset to inspire them...it is what has kept me cheat free since I started LC'in a month ago.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 08:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Truthfully, I find that coming here helps - when I see the successes it inspires me...at home, if I am unable to get to the computer, I simply think about how much better I feel, how far I have come, and how badly I want to meet my goal of wearing shorts and lighter clothes to work this summer (last year, being so fat, I didn't dare wear shorts, or short sleeved tops/tanks)...that keeps me on track. As well, I want to be able to run adn play with my daughter and have the energy to keep up to her!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:01
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

"What keeps you going?" Good question Jessie! But it also implies that a part of you really doesn't want to keep going! And that's something, to me at least, that needs to be squarely faced and dealt with.

I mean, do you truly want to live this way or not? If so, then do it! Sure there are temptations and the mood swings can make it really hard, and it can feel good to cheat at the time, but you know where giving in will lead you -- just to frustration and misery!

There's a part of you that doesn't want to do this. A part of you that doesn't believe you'll make it. A part of you that's just would rather cheat than stick with this WOE.

Perhaps you should have it out with that part of you. Don't let it just get away with the mental and emotional subversions it is pulling on you. Confront it and tell that part of you that you don't want it any more. Tell it to get lost. Tell it you've truly decided to become a new person and there's NO GOING BACK! Tell it to bug off!

And you are worth it Jessie! You are worth becoming a totally NEW PERSON! You may not be perfect, but you are worth every bit as much as any other "normal" person out there. You deserve to live a decent and whole life. Your children deserve a healthy mom free of the pain of being overweight.

Leaving something behind that you are very accustomed to takes great courage. Look at the Israelites who kept saying they wanted to go back to Egypt. Back to slavery?! Amazing! And yet that is what they knew and that is what they had gotten used to.

The plain fact of the matter is, we have GOT to get used to a NEW WAY! No matter how we feel, we have to draw a line in the sand and say I will NEVER go back to Egypt and slavery again! I will not even LOOK that way! I will look to my new life and keep plodding on until I reach the promised land.

And I will thank God every day that he provided a way out of that slavery. I just have to stick to it!

Take care Jessie!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:14

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

You know...the only part of me that doesnt want to do it is the whiney baby part "I want to eat whatever I want" but that aprt of me has lost it's battle and I DO want to do this! Heck I consider myself one of the people who "has had tremendous success on this board" Its crazy too I lose a bunch, gain some, lose a bunch, gain some, stall outs a few times in between but overall picture still puts me at about 70 pounds down in 7 months and I know thats not bad at all...if I knew 7 months ago that I would lose 70 pounds in 7 months I would ahve signed right up for sure even if I'd lost only 50 say..it's still bettering my life. I have suddenly been getting a LOT of attenting and looks when out and I love it and I deserve it! I have suffered years of being huge and unhappy and I am a good person. I know the best years of my life are yet to come...how great is that to know? I guess the people who inspire me the most are the ones who struggle and stumble and fall but keep on going.... I personally AM proud of myself..still get down thinking about how far I have to go sometimes but in general it's all positive.

I am always the cheerleader in my RL and lately I've been feeling weaker than weak and in need of lifting up I guess...lol
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:18

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

And what was it that caused the Israelites to want to go back? It was the leeks , garlic and melons they missed.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:33
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Three cheers for Jessie losing 70 pounds in seven months!! That IS VERY GOOD!!!

And look at me. I've been very consistent and not cheating at all, and yet I go up and down too. I just gained back almost all the four pounds I just lost on Monday and Tuesday! (Must be that blasted water!) But then I keep looking at my graphs, and especially after I smooth them out (using a running average), the trend is very definately downward!

So keep up the good work Jessie! And you'll make it all the way! And congratulations on doing so well already!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:57

Plan: Celiac Disease
Stats: 215/190/115 Female 5'3
BF:35/?/10
Progress: 25%

I think I hear you Jessie. I feel like there is an Evil Laree lurking in me that always wants to sabotage me when I am doing well. I have finally found a WOL that works for me, is healthy and keeps my diabetes at bay, and then along comes that B*tch and whining about gimme this and gimmie that, this doesn't work, you are wasting your time, and sometimes I give into her because she is so loud. I have been working hard at trying to shut her up, she is such a pain in the arse. I have to make this work, my life is at stake! It is hard when you feel all alone, I have found that coming to this site has really helped me not feel so alone. Everyone has been supportive and helpful especially the lovely ladies that stop by my journal. I don't know if any of this helps, but I do hear you, and I support you in your troubles. I share your pain and hope that it makes it a little easier to bear. Hope you find some inspiration here on the web site today. There are alot of people who want to help you through this. Try kicking that depressing b*tch in the arse and tell her you don't need her kind of encouragement and to get lost!

Sincerely, Laree
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 10:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/194.5/140 Female 5' 9
BF:too high i am sure
Progress: 50%

this forum keeps me going =), it's a life time journey and when i am down it's nice to know there is an objective open place to get love and support that isn't always readily available at home =-) so thank you guys.. and hugs
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 16:14

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

What really keeps me going is how fabulously better I feel with this 34 pounds gone. I cannot even imagine how great it will feel to have another 34 pounds gone. I just feel so much better and happier in my body. I have a LONG way to go but every few pounds feels good.

But I sure hit those rough spots too. It is so much easier to gain than to lose. Reading the forum during tough times really helps me enormously because I continually see the benefit of sticking to it during the rough times. I am gonna make it!!!!

Orchid
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 20:39
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunks
My sister-in-law Hummelda provides inspiration to keep me going. Knowing how much weight she's finally lost after so many years gives me hope that if she can do it on this WOE than so can I.

Now how could I even contemplate failing with that endorsement?!

But seriously, I have been struggling lately. Still keeping within the ranges I want, but mentally sluggish and not very focused -- and it's that lack of focus that starts the slipping.

I'm thinking that mixing things up a bit - after all this time, some boredom sets in - the same approach, are we trying different foods? Or it's overall boredom, which used to be dulled by eating.

Jessie, we have to do this -- and it is a lifetime commitment. I am much older than you and I so wish I had done this many years ago.

You are so beautiful and have a wonderful family -- living your life at a "normal" weight has to be a huge incentive -- and you can do it!!!

(Another late night ramble!! -- probably change it later!)
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 10:37

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

I feel like Dean--that I am very good and don't cheat but the rewards come very very slowly. And yet, over time, there is undeniable progress. Jessie, you know you have lost more weight that me in a shorter time even with your times off the plan. But I know that you feel guilty about not being "perfect"---well, it's good to feel a twinge of guilt or perhaps you would never get back on the right path, but don't beat yourself up.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 10:48

Plan: IR
Stats: 297/267/150 Female 66"
BF:Goin' Down!
Progress: 20%

"What keeps me going"

I want to be a better person, mother and wife. I want to feel sexy again! I want to enjoy and be able to keep up my children. I want to be able to walk into the regular section at the store and shop.

Tools to keep me going.....Motivation and support from family/friends/this website. And a fire that I've light inside of me to succeed!