Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 232/230/175 Female 5-7
BF:unsure
Progress: 4%
Angry someone check me pweez

Hmm. Someone please check my fitday and tell me how im doing. Barely 4 lbs in 19 days. I dont even know if that is realistic,, could just be variation. I AM NOT looking for a quick fix/ i want to do this for life. but I need some reassurement its working and this is right for me. 4 lbs in 19 days doesnt feel significant. I dont know what to do. I have been tryin so hard. i am sure you all get tired of hearing this with all the success stories, i am still enthused, i just need someone to check me out! See what im doing wrong/or what i could do different. . Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:32

Oh sorry here it is so youFitDay - Online Diet & Fitness Manager can see it :-)
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:34

its calories isnt it?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:45
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

that is the wrong address. go to your member page and there is a space that says to share you fit day use this address. that is the one you want you want to post.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:56

Thank you whowaits! here's the right link

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=stella+j
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 20:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/158/135 Female 5'2
BF:A Lot
Progress: 49%

stella, at first glance i notice that you are eating nuts. i seem to recall the recommendation that they be avoided during induction so that might be something. also, be sure to watch your intake of cheese. i believe the recommended amt. is 3-4oz daily during induction, though it is a known staller so that amount might vary from person to person.

so far as calorie consumption goes, it should be 10-12 times your body weight, based on what i've heard said around here time and time again.

you should aim to get your fat/protein/carb consumption percentages to around 70/25/5.

another important thing is water. how much are you drinking? you should drink AT MINIMIM 64oz per day, plus another 8oz for every 25lbs you are overweight. Remember, that is the minimum. You basically should drink until you float, and then drink a little more. It sucks having a full bladder all the time but your body does get used to it and eventually you'll be normal again (so far as the need to constantly use the restroom goes).

another thing to consider is inches lost. the scale isn't always the best indicator of how you're doing on a diet. sometimes a body loses inches before pounds, so it'd be an awesome idea to measure yourself so that you can track the progress you're making that way. last week i'd only lost 2 lbs (of the 3 total that i've lost) but when i measured i found that i'd lost an inch off of a few different places and 4 inches off of my waist! so yeah, measure. it can help when the scale is a discouraging thing.

hopefully this helps a bit! i know it sucks to lose weight slowly (believe me, i know) but hey, at least you're losing it, right? it took a long time to put on so you have to expect that it'll take a while to come off, as well.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 20:49

Ciao Blondgirl, Thanks for replying. About the water I have always drank MORE than enough of that scrumptious stuff. Sometimess I wonder if I drink toooooooo much. Cry me a RIVER! heehe.

But the cheese ur probably right. I need to cut back on that and i could afford to cut back a couple calories too. So i'll do those things. & try to get a measuring tape so i can do that. I feel flabby need to start working out again. I just vent here,, need to here what i need to do over and over.. gosh im going psychotic. LOL.. ok.. thank you sweetie!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 21:03

Stats: 180/158/135 Female 5'2
BF:A Lot
Progress: 49%

no problem, stella. every single day i want to post a "help! what am i doing wrong?" thread because i don't feel like i am being successful AT ALL. my poor boyfriend has to hear "have i lost weight" and "do i look thinner to you" on a daily basis. i finally had to ask him to take the scale away because i was weighing myself each day and becoming depressed and disheartened when the needle didn't move down. but you know what? eventually it will move down, and so long as it does, i am going to let my weight loss run its course.

good luck to you and remember that there are tons of us on here for encouragement, should you need it.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 21:07

Hey, We have something in common, im BLOND too. LOL & my boyfriend has to hear it on a daily basis too.. and not just starting this diet,, for the last 5 years i think he's has to hear this. Gosh im tired. I just want it to be like all the other LOSERS here.. losing so fast and look so good. you know. Im willing to put forth all my efforts if i see a little bit of a change for motivation. I can't bear to lose only 2-3 lbs a month. My lanta!!!! Calgone take me away! heheeh. Well... Good luck to both of us! i'll chat with you soon.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 23:47

Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

Hi Stella!
I took a quick look at you fitday and two things caught my eye.
You're still doing induction levels? The first is there were a lot of nuts and that can really throw things off. The second is the number of sauces incorporated into your menu. You're reading labels carefully?
A1 sauce, tartar sauce, sundried alfredo sauce, Kraft Ranch. Also check the typ of ham your eating. Many of them are cured with sugar or ham. Hope this helps!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 02:34

Plan: Fuhrmann
Stats: 248/229.5/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella j
its calories isnt it?

That's a lot of calories, then other days you don't eat much. How about eating 3-5 times per day with nicely spaced, balanced meals. That would be good for metabolism.

I saw no exercise recorded. Aerobic workouts at about 50-60% of your max heart rate should help you to get the fat burning. That will help get your ketone levels up, which in turn could help dampen hunger that you might have.

Also check that you are getting your RDA for essential nutrients. We can't read that from the public journal.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:07

Stats: 222/206/165 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

on Oct 26th did you really eat 3 cups of bacon?.. my guess is probably not... you probably ate 3 pieces... it's hard for you to keep up with the correct calories if you dont put the correct food item in (and sometimes modify the food) fitday.

And I'm going to say, yeah your calorie intake, if correct.. is about 1,000+ calories too high on a lot of days. You should be eating 10-12X your body weight in calories a day.

Last edited by ccarter25 : Thu, Oct-30-03 at 07:09.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 14:42

Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

stella, i started out very slow but eventually i started to lose...i began the atkins mid may of this year and i am down 25 lbs. i just kept at it, even when i stalled...these forums have helped me tremendously, just by following the advice from other's who are in the same boat or who have been successful at it. even my cholesterol has droped from dangerous levels to levels i can safely live with...i've been ill lately, and not on the board much, and living with friends the last 3 weeks, and 2 weeks in the hospital before that...i'm home now and feeling sooooo much better! all this time i stayed as close to my atkins diet as i could and the results were not nil. even my medication has been gaurenteed not to put weight on me. you can do this...good luck and stay with it!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 15:38

Chello. MsAtt,, thanx for the inspiration,, i really need it. I hate not losing anything. I feel ok. I took some metamucil sugar free last night and had trouble sleeping,, my stomache was KILLING me. Idont think i should take that stuff, by everyone says to use psyllium which is in there.

Man im sorry you were in the hospital. That sux. Do you mind me asking what was wrong? Hope you're doing better. Congrats on the 25lbs. :-) Bet thats feeling good at least. :-) What do you normally eat? talk to you sooon.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 02:27

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Stella, the other evening my hubby heard something on the radio and I thought about it and although the person was referring to something else it's so apt for this WOL.

He said (I'll paraphrase): "Put your goal in your mind and concentrate on it. Then just start heading out in that direction. It may not happen in the time frame you want it to, but it will happen."

So that's what I'm doing. Yes, I'd love to be able to whisk this weight off and be 60 pounds thinner within a couple of months, but I also know that's not realistic. I keep telling myself my #1 goal here is to become healthier, and this WOE is going to do that for me. Yes, I want the weight loss, but I also want healthy weight loss and healthy maintenance.

I also tell myself time and again, "If it's worth having, it's worth waiting for." I've been overweight now for the past 18 years. I can live with it a little bit longer.