Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:41
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 175.5/164.0/150.0 Female 5'11"
BF:34%/29%/24%
Progress: 45%
Default Would someone be a sweetie and check me out?

Is there a way for some of you to check my first Fitday entry? If any of you have an extra minute or two would you be able to check it out for me?
Thanks!
Spikester
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:51

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

You need to put your fitday link down. Do you know how? Go to fitday in the upper left side ,click on Home, near the bottom it shows you your link. Copy and paste it here. Thanks , Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 0%

we need a link in order to be able to view it. Then we would be glad too
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:59
Registered Member

Okay..I think I've got it...here's the link! It's a shame a 38 1/2 year old has to ask her 13 year old daughter how to do something so simple!!!
<http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...wner=clemente21>
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:04

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

looks good... keep up the good work
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:05

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

Looks good to me, no expert, but you seem to be doing it right. Water & exercise, too?

#7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:15

BF:

You are actually under 20 carbs . You have to take the fiber out of the total carbs and count the net carbs. (unless you adjusted the totals.) At the top of fit day where it gives you percentages . It also tells you how many grams of fiber. Subtract that from you carb total. That will be your net carbs. Do you have the book ? Or have you looked at www.atkinscenter.com . It gives you a lot of info . I used it and this site .
I finally went out and bought the book.(under $10.00) (still haven't read it all yet ). And the Jello has aspartame , which is a no no. But some still use it. I don't . Unless you used the recipe from this site. Sorry, I could probably help more , but my dh is bugging me to go outside and help him . The d for damn... not darling... LOL , Cindy
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:30
Registered Member

Thanks all for your help! I just tend to second guess myself ENTIRELY too much--not just with this, but with nearly everything in life!! I know, bad habit to have.

I just worry about too many calories, but to tell the truth, it was FUN eating bacon and eggs (cooked in butter) AND prime rib all in the same day!!!

I didn't adjust for anything, just plugged in the totals..and my ketosis was much higher this morning..it was that deep salmon pink, rather than the light pink it'd been for a while.

This is my 11th day in the induction phase (started the 28th of May) so I'm happy I'm finally a deeper pink!!!

Didn't measure myself going into this, but did weigh and so far down 7.5 pounds. (lost 1.5 pounds in the last two days after being stagnant for nearly a week)...and now my daughter is tempting me with her apple crisp that she made--and I don't want it! That's a GREAT thing since I"m a sugar freak..or used to be anyway!!

Thanks again, you guys are GREAT! Well, except Cindy's husband!!

Spikester
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:31

BF:

LOL...
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 15:07

Stats: 275/224/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi there,
Does anyone know how to do the slides at the bottom of some threads......from tickerfactory I have picked one out but I don't know how to get it attached to my name????

Angel
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 00:26

Stats: 220/147/128 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 79%

When you get to the end of making your ticker, you will see boxes at the bottom of the screen. These boxes are the address of the ticker you just created. The top box is the one for sites such as this. Just copy it, then go to Edit my Profile, edit signature (through this forum) - and paste it on.

Is that clear enough? If not, let me know!!!

Good luck!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-23-09, 22:23

Stats: 165/165/132 Female 168cm
BF:26.6%/26.6%/18.6%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincin11
You are actually under 20 carbs . You have to take the fiber out of the total carbs and count the net carbs. (unless you adjusted the totals.) At the top of fit day where it gives you percentages . It also tells you how many grams of fiber. Subtract that from you carb total. That will be your net carbs. Do you have the book ? Or have you looked at www.atkinscenter.com . It gives you a lot of info . I used it and this site .
I finally went out and bought the book.(under $10.00) (still haven't read it all yet ). And the Jello has aspartame , which is a no no. But some still use it. I don't . Unless you used the recipe from this site. Sorry, I could probably help more , but my dh is bugging me to go outside and help him . The d for damn... not darling... LOL , Cindy

Hello. I have just started ...and I notcied yor comment about sugar free jelly being bad. Can you please explain???? I have been eating heaps of sugar free stuff and now I am worrie dthat I am doing it wrong? thanks.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 05:58

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Fixie, why don't you start a new thread with a question about sugar-free foods? You'll capture more responses that way than by redirecting someone else's discussion.

Best wishes.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 09:29

Stats: 276/234.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I don't count net carbs I do all the 'regular' carbs, it works better for me. Also I can do Artificial sweetners and los eweight but they cause me to crave. Aside from being really bad for me

Good luck!