Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 09:17
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 170/161/155
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Hi!!! Atkins to Protein Power

Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself upon switch from
Atkins to Protein Power. Before starting AtKin
1 month ago, I was eating similar to the Protein Power woe; protein and veggies, some fruit. LOst 10 pounds in about 6 weeks. On Atkins in the month since starting an additional 6 pounds. So I am very pleased with the weight loss; what I
am certainly not happy ( as some of you know) with
was how I felt on Atkins; tired, sluggisg, headaches adn to be frank quite constipated.
I did all the right things I feel; water, flax, potassium but really did not help.
So I want to return to what I consider a healthier way of eating. My body and MIND needs the vegtables and an occasional piece of fruit. I do like the Eades philosophy much more than Atkins in some areas. I think I have a pretty good understanding of this woe but thank you in advance for your help. Stay healthy and have a good week!
Allen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 12:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Allen! Welcome.

I had a similar experience with Atkins and find that I feel better (lose slower, but feel better) with Protein Power's slightly higher carb level (to start) and a piece of fruit each day. I still have to think about vegetables I think stepping up the exercise -- which I haven't yet done -- helps burn the carbs.

There are a lot of people here who take one look at Atkins meal plans and say "Ah! That's me" But it's not for everyone, at least, not for the long haul.

Good luck! Be sure to keep us posted on how you're doing
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 16:03
Registered Member

BF:
Wink

Alto,
Thanks for the good wishs. I feel pretty positive about this and that is important. Can't wait to start exercising again. Had shoulder surgery which is coming along. Soon I will hit the links and the gym. Take care.
Allen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 16:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/224/150 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Post Re: Protein Power

Hi.
I had been doing atkins for a little over a month and didnt have much success on it. I felt good overall, but no weight loss. I just picked up the protein power book today. Hopefully, I will have better luck on this diet.
Good luck to you...to us both!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 06:30
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Jennifer,
I think in the long run we will both do better.
I am also sure that we will be healthier eating
just a bit more of the healthy carbs.
best
Allen
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 16:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/224/150 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Post re:protein power vs atkins

Hi Allen.
I didnt get much time to do much reading last night in the PP book. I am going to do my measurements now and do some reading..Today, I pretty much followed the atkins program (until i get the pp woe down. I can't afford to screw up.
Do you go to the gym? I am an avid gym goer and have recently been doing a lot more weight training than i have in the past.
Are you keeping a diary/exercise journal? I find it to be a great help to me...plus, that way, the kind folks on this site that have had success can take a look and give some pointers. I see that Natruska has been responding to your posts..she is awesome. A plethera of knowledge, and as you can tell by her stats, she has made an amazing transformation. She is my inspiration on this site. Anyway, Im going to get to those measurements and try to re-comprehend the parts of the book i did read last night. I was having a bit of a hard time after having just read the new atkins book in its entirety...im hoping i was just too tired.
Hope your day went well.
Talk to you soon.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 17:13
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Jennifer,
If you start with chapter 5 of the PP book you will probably do fine. The theory is very similar,
I mean atkins and Eades. Plans are somewhat different.
Until oct. I was playng alot of golf and had a
personal trainer at a local gym. I did not know it at the time but I was developing something called frozen shoulder(adhesive capasulitis). It was quite painful and soon I could not lift or swing a club. After much physical therapy that only worked to a degree I had arthsocpic surgry a couple of weeks ago. Not it's therapy again. Hopefully I will be working out soon and back on the course in a month or so.
Nat is great. Helped me a great deal. No I don't keep a journal although I can see where it might be useful. Well I am getting real hungry. Tonight I think, blackened salmon. Take care. Have a good night and happy reading!
Allen