Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 08:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hello everyone

Leaving Arizona today and heading for Las Vegas. Try to get internet at the next place we go. Have not been checking in everyday but not gaining weight. Not losing either but it is my holiday so not to upset about it. I have been having nuts at happy hour and soda and even soda stops me. So back on induction starting today.
Hello Joy and Cindy bye for now Donna
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 06:04

Stats: 173/159/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi All:

Sounds like life is good for you right now, Donna. Sigh, I can only dream. This time of year in the frozen north is not that great for being strict on eating. But yesterday I had a good day. My only treat was some frozen berries and a bag + of pork rinds with home-made guacamole. Joy is coming to see me today. I am going to make Lasagna for her. So I better get moving and get it done. Have a great day everyone.

Cindy
  #228   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 16:22

Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Everyone,

I went to Cindy on Thursday and we had a girly day, she did my hair and made me a hot mamma... and she made us a wonderful LC Lasagna. :yum So it was great fun.

I am doing great, my new hair and I have been workouting out, Missed Friday because I was under the weather... but I got to the gym this morning so that was good, sticking to my plan.

Hi Donna I hope you are alright, got your photos you and Marcus look so happy. I hope we hear from you soon.

Well everyone I hope you are having a wonderful Sat, it's still snowy here and cold, and I don't like the cold so I am going to stay in my house and keep warm.
Have a great Weekend.
  #229   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 08:18

BF:

????? Donna did you trade Morgan in for a new man????? LMAO. Joy is losing it.

I have not been so good with eating in the last few days. A couple of donuts have passed my lips. But I have been painting my a$$ off so I hope its a wash. My dining room is the colour of butterscotch pudding and the kitchen is the colour is pea green. In keeping with the food/digestive tract theme, my husband calls them poop and bile.

I have one more coat to go on the kitchen so I better get to it.

Have a great day all.

Cindy
  #230   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 09:04

BF:

Finally found this thread again!!!!! I thought I was missing out but I see that NO-ONE has posted!!!!!

Today is day 4 of a serious induction for me. I almost ate a chocolate chip bran muffin but I put it down again. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't stop at one. So I filled up my tummy with a yummy quiche.

I never really fell off as I kept eating my veggies meats and fats but I was eating bread and pizza and sweets. I am so addicted to sweet carbs. So I am really being strict for this induction.

SO how is everybody? We haven't heard from Joy or Donna. C'mon ladies. We seemed to be very postive when we were posting on here and we tend to post less when we are down. Force yourself as I am doing.

Have a great day,
Cindy
  #231   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 14:26

Stats: 202/180/130 Female 155 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi everyone again! I am sorry that I was away for so long. I have been away and just started working again full time I just haven't had the time to be on the computer.
I have been trying to stay on the atkin's plan and so far have lost 48 lbs!
It will be great to hear from you and see how everyone is doing.
I have a wedding to go to in May and want to be down a few more pounds to shock the family.
Again sorry for not writing.
Take care.
  #232   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 07:05

Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hello everyone

Home now settled in again. Sure wish I was still traveling this weather sucks. Time to get started building our new home or we would of stayed away longer. Ok low carb eating update the whole time I was away I never ate any not even once sugar or starch of any kind. As a result I did not lose any weight but did not gain any. What I did do was eat at the buffet's but more than I would if at home I had lost nearly thirty lbs before I left from Oct to Dec so I thought I would take a break. So sometimes I had a cocktail with everyone else during happy hour sometimes not. I had nuts during happy hour sometimes. Pop and sweetner I had and that stalls my weight. So today I am starting without any sweetner or pop. The only treats I had while away was cheesecake from the cheesecake factory and I made one with sweetner and crustless pumpkin pie and peanut butter cookies I made with sweetner, egg and peanut butter that is it. The states is a wonderful place to be when on atkins there is always a buffet with meat and salad everywhere. Talk to everyone later getting on the treadmill now. Donna
  #233   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 09:03

BF:

Hi Everyone!

Don't worry about not being here Dreamer. It seems that we were all on Hiatus. OMG Donna, I can't believe yuowere so good with all those buffets staring you in the face. What will-power. Make sure you send us pics of the house in progress. Joy and I really want to come to see you. Maybe we can do a girls weekend and drive up to you. We'll leave the kids behind. LOL. Wouldn't that be a treat.

I am on Day 6 of an firm induction. I was down to 157 this morning and the carb cravings are going away. I found that day 3 was the worst. I ham planning another outing for me and the kids to get some fresh air and exercise. Maybe we'll go take a stroll through the Botanical Gardens. I think it is still free as I haven't bought my membership yet. We can go feed the geese and swans. We'll park in the cemetary and walk down. That should be fun.

Have a great day all!!!
Cindy
  #234   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:45

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 234/217/165 Female 70.5 inches
BF:48%/48%/25%
Progress: 25%

Where have all the regulars gone?

It's like missing out on a soap- you know you've missed something.

Let's revive the group - or start a new one.

I WANT IN!

minxie in Vaughan,ON
  #235   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:46

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I'm here too!!!!

Anyone know where to buy Davinci syrups not online?
  #236   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:53

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 234/217/165 Female 70.5 inches
BF:48%/48%/25%
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennink
I'm here too!!!!

Anyone know where to buy Davinci syrups not online?

I'd like to know this too.

I got some Splenda-syrups at Fortinos - and they did say they came in 28+ flavors - but would need to be ordered special (for splenda var.)...

i forget the brand...OSCAR's I think...
  #237   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:54

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

i worry about splenda... stalls me fast.

I use sugar twin liquid or stevia now... good old cyclamates work well.
  #238   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 10:43
Registered Member

Stats: 310/247/165 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Is this board still active???

Just wondering if this board is still active? It looks like you guys were on it for on day in November 2005 but have not returned...maybe you moved it somewhere else. I am from Caledonia (you know...where the native protest is) and I just started Atkins last week. Love the lifestlye change! ANyways, if you are still out there let me know.
Talk to you soon,
Samantha
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 08:58

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian76
Just wondering if this board is still active? It looks like you guys were on it for on day in November 2005 but have not returned...maybe you moved it somewhere else. I am from Caledonia (you know...where the native protest is) and I just started Atkins last week. Love the lifestlye change! ANyways, if you are still out there let me know.
Talk to you soon,
Samantha

Hi Samantha

I'm in Hamilton. Good luck with Atkins. I lost 50 pounds on that a couple of years ago ad was feeling really good before I went off the diet, cheated and regained all my lost weight back (with more weight also).
Atkins is a great diet if you can stick to it.
  #240   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 17:24

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 207/207/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:
Default From Sarnia, ON

Hey there.....I have just started Atkins last week and so far have lost 3 pounds.....I am getting a lot of negative comments about starting this diet. I now wish I hadn't told anyone....doesn't give much support. I have tried to educate them on the new reasearch data but the media has done a good job slamming this way of eating. I ate well on my first week....who would have thought I would not be hungry, eat great, satisfying foods and still loose weight. As mentioned in my title I am from Sarnia and would love to be part of this group.
Nancy <;0)