Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 21:25
Registered Member

Plan: My own version of Atkins
Stats: 252/135/150 Female 65 Inches
BF:
Progress: 115%

Any updates?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 04:10

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithurston
I've lost 50 pounds in 10 weeks so far only about 120 to go!!!!

I lost 33 prior to this but just started keeping track for the last 10 weeks! We were doing the biggest loser at work and are starting again in Jan 09

That is absolutely amazing. I did not know that this speedy weight loss existed! Congratulations!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I started last year before Thanksgiving at 280 lbs, and in total have lost 110 lbs since then. I've been stalled at my current weight for a few months now, but I continue to lose inches and recently got into a size 12 skirt that I've been dying to wear, so I keep on plugging away at it.

I caught some guy staring at me the day I wore that skirt, too, and at first I was all embarassed because my immediate reaction is that he's staring because I'm fat, but then he grinned at me and I realized he was staring because he thought I looked good- that was a new thing for me and it made me feel great. I've never been what I considered "pretty" so it's amazing to feel like other people think I am.

Aside from looking better, though, is how much better I feel. I'm proud instead of ashamed. I can do so many things I never thought I was capable of. I make right, healthy food choices without even thinking about it. I'm confident to order substitutions for carby foods while eating out without feeling like I am being "weird." I talk to strangers without panicking! I can sit in booths when I go out with friends without having to eyeball the thing and wonder if I will fit first. I don't have to shop in the fat girl section anymore. I can walk to my mailbox without being so out of breath I think I'll die. I don't have to exclude myself from social activities because I'm too big to sit in the seats, or too out of shape to participate in what others want to do. Last week I got on an airplane and I was worried about having to adjust the seatbelt in front of all those people but I had to tighten it from the last person who sat there!

I love no longer being the fattest person at every family gathering. I love having let go of always just being "the fat girl." There is so much more to me now that it's not overshadowed by that one defining characteristic. Other people take more interest in who I am instead of how I look.

I can wear cute clothes!

I'm just rambling, but having lost so much weight has changed my life in so many wonderful ways. I really couldn't be happier with being so much healthier. I'm still going, but it's no longer a struggle, it's just ordinary to eat the way I do. That makes me happy as well.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 11:50

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Wow congrats LittleZu! THAT's AMAZING!! You look WONDERFUL!! KEEP SMILING!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 18:03

Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
Wow congrats LittleZu! THAT's AMAZING!! You look WONDERFUL!! KEEP SMILING!

Aww, thanks Gweny!
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 17:15

Stats: 190/154/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Having people look me in the eye rather than checking out my fat! Pants that don't wear out between the thighs!!! I have actually grown tired of wearing jeans now before they are thread bare between the thighs! What a great feeling!
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-09, 21:44

Plan: My Own
Stats: 161/143/135 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 69%

It feels real good. I never really thought about it until now.

I walk alot easier, I'm not self-conscious when I walk into a room. I love walking into a place and everyone is looking at me and it's not because of my weight. Imagine hearing "your waist is so small!" I'm actually comfortable eating in public... I went to a club... and Martellus Bennett (Dallas Cowboys Player) was looking at me! Now mind you, this was New Years, every girl is looking amazing on New Years, and he was looking at me!

This post just motivated me all over again.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-11, 02:26

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Its nice to buy clothing in regular sizes. It's also made me feel more feminine. And it feels sorta comfortable to wear pants with non elastic waists now!

Some people have forgotten that I was 260+ when pregnant and 226 when I started losing this time around (2008). Even my family. But I haven't forgotten. I am still quite overweight but nothing compares to feeling very obese (I'm short with a medium frame). It hurt so much emotionally, how could I forget?